Winter Driving Best Books of the Month Valentine's Day Shop Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon King easycohice_2016 All-New Amazon Fire TV Grocery Valentine's Day Cards Find the Best Purina Pro Plan for Your Pet Amazon Gift Card Offer chiraq chiraq chiraq  Amazon Echo All-New Fire Kindle Paperwhite Prime Exclusive Savings in Video Games Shop Now Sale

Color: Blue/ClearSize: 1060Change

on September 6, 2009
I am extremely satisfied with a tip I recently saw under another customer's product picture: The Pelican 1010-026-100 Micro Case fits the Panasonic DMC-ZS3 camera just perfectly!

Because of another review, I was a bit worried about the clear lid, which doesn't have extra protection inside, but the camera is very snug and secure in the case, it doesn't wiggle at all.

Now I am looking forward to my next air travel, when the camera is clearly visible for security personnel at the checkpoint, because overseas I often had to remove my cameras from their bags. This case should speed up the check-through significantly!
11 comment21 of 23 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on June 26, 2013
My use for the 1010 was to weatherproof an alarm keypad. I spray painted the inside, in order to hide the keypad from view. The assembly is mounted next to my garage side entry door, and is used to un-latch the door or the gate to the backyard (Via the automation controller).
Before starting the project, I contacted the manufacturer regarding possible long term UV damage; I was told that their enclosures have been used for years in similar outdoor applications.
The pad has been exposed to the elements for over five years without failure (There is some slight yellowing). An identical keypad mounted on the front porch, without the box, failed after 4 years.
22 comments15 of 16 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on September 16, 2011
I bought this case to hold my MP3 player (Cowon S9) and a set of IEMs. Everything fits nicely - the S9 is very snug top-to-bottom, with about 1/4" of space left on one side. There's plenty of space on top to put your IEMs or any other small accessories. I will say that the dimensions are slightly different than what's in the description due to the rubber liner. It reduces the inner dimensions to approximately 4.25 x 2.74 instead of the 4.37 x 2.87 in the description. The interior height of the case is reduced by a very small amount as well. While the case can be used without the rubber insert, it is necessary in order to create a watertight seal, so potential buyers should be aware of the slight difference in dimensions. I was hoping that it would fit the S9 with the headphones still plugged in, but I must have mis-measured, because even with the liner removed, the headphone jack still sticks out quite a bit past the edge of the case. Still a 5-star case though; I can't really fault it for my own measuring errors.
review image review image
22 comments18 of 20 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on August 5, 2007
In the past, I've owned a few el cheapo varsions of this item which cost 1/2-1/3 of the price (notably the style currently seen at some of the big box retailers). It is worth spending a little more $ to get the real thing. These boxes are fantastic at keeping your gear dry and protected. I had the closure on one of my boxes finally give out, but that was only after several years of service and abuse.
on December 13, 2014
I love pelican cases. This is probably the 3rd or 4th that I've owned. It seems well crafted, but my main point of contention is that both Pelican and Amazon list the interior length as 6.5". I ordered this because my iPhone 6 Plus, with case, is 6 7/16" long (It WOULD fit my phone without the case, but not with it). Sadly, my phone won't fit in the padded area of the case since it's only about 6.25". I'll probably hang onto this case since I can still fit my phone in the "lid" portion and still have it seal correctly, but it would be nice if the listed dimensions were correct.
review image
22 comments29 of 35 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 20, 2009
The Pelican series Dry-boxes are ideal for carrying anything you don't want to get wet. I used this particular box for Kayaking to take out my phone and point-and-shoot digital camera. The Panasonic Lumix LZ7 was a typical (not slim) pocket cam and my phones ranged in size. They always seemed to fit together in the box though with room to spare. The lanyard is *just* large enough to fit around itself so that you can attach it to something (my kayak's webbing in my case).

Two cautions though. If any moisture, from your wet hands, or just on accident while the top is open, gets in the dry box and you then shut it and have it in the sun it will become like a greenhouse/rain forest in there. I recommend the opaque top models so that this isn't an issue. The other caution: If you're in salt water and it becomes submerged then rinse the hinges with fresh water when you get back home or else they will rust. Even with rust on the hinges it still works though...

Never ever ever had a drop of water enter the case while the top was latched shut. That's the point right? I'm buying a larger case since I've moved up to a better camera but I'm going right back to Pelican. Keeps the water out, easy to use, long life, no wear...
on April 7, 2013
I have a Galaxy Note II phone with a 2 layered, 5mm thick case (silicone inside with plastic piece hugging it). The phone fits *perfectly* in this case. It is snug; the rubber inside this Pelican is soft and pliable.
There are 2 things that make Pelican boxes my first choice - and they the are the things that separate them from the Otter boxes.
The first is that the plastic piece you flip open is 1 piece. I can not tell you flippin hard it is to open both little tabs on an Otter box, especially when your hands are freezing or the box is covered in mud.
The second is the lack of an O-ring. I have no idea how Pelican does it, but every Pelican I've had has been perfectly water tight.
It's normal to have some animosity about plunging your $600 phone under water, but I've done it, and I assure you, it came out bone dry. This size is perfect for a large phone or one of the large battery chargers. I can't say enough good things about these boxes.
11 comment8 of 8 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on August 9, 2010
I used this case to keep my phone & camera in while rafting down Kenai River. It worked exactly as it's supposed to. Everything inside was dry as could be. Everything outside was totally drenched. Lightweight, sturdy (it got banged around on the raft & in the airport quite a bit), definitely works well!
on July 22, 2014
This case is big enough to hold your phone, wallet, plus some random stuff. The yellow rubber part is supposed to seal tightly with the top clear cover. This is what gives it the waterproof property. I noticed 1 time that the rubber was bent and therefore was not sealed against the lid. This could be prevented by gluing the rubber part to the lower plastic part. If Pelican had done this, I would have given 5 stars. My main use for this is to protect my Samsung Galaxy S5 while I'm on call during my hockey games. The length & width are great, but the height allows the phone to bounce around. I couldn't find a more suitable tough case. So I also purchased the foam filler specifically made for this case. The foam is designed to be pulled apart (somewhat pre-cut) & fitted to whatever device you want to keep safe. I left the foam as a whole piece & placed my phone on top & closed the case. It allows me to see the LED alert while keeping my expensive phone very protected.
on May 9, 2012
I have previously used the Otter cases, but my brother raved about these, so I went ahead and got this one to hold my Solite headlamp.

I'm definitely impressed! It's waterproof and lined on the bottom with a rubber material. It's waterproof and has a vent valve in front for sudden pressure changes. It's constructed very sturdily and will take a lot of abuse. I really like having the clear top so that I don't have to open it to make sure everything is in there.