Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Pelican 1060 Micro Dry Case with Clear Lid - Black
Your Garage Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Adele Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Segway miniPro

Color: Black / Clear|Package Type: Standard Packaging|Change

on April 21, 2014
I bought this to protect an expensive electronic instrument (Fluke 87-V DMM), and it just fits with the probes included.
The hinge uses stainless pins for extra strength; and the lid, body of the case, and latch mechanism all appear to be super tough polycarbonate, with a rubber liner the size of the body of the case to cushion the contents and act as a seal for the lid.
There's also a nice Pelican innovation of a pressure equalization valve right below the latch to allow air from heat expansion to escape if the case gets warmed up, but still keep the contents sealed.
It also comes with a carabiner attached to one end to make it easy to secure to something else to prevent loss.
A quick check on Pelican's site finds that this case is water RESISTANT, not waterproof, explaining that it will keep water out down to one meter deep for up to thirty minutes.
What that translates to is that this wouldn't work for scuba diving, but it would be perfect to protect cell phones and other fragile items while boating and in rain.
My own experience with Pelican's smaller version of this case, the Micro 1020, bears this out, since I took it with me canoeing over a decade ago to protect my cell phone, and the case wound up in the water, yet protected it perfectly, and the case stayed afloat with my phone and wallet inside.
In fact, it's a very good thing I took it with me because I had to call 911 for a woman who had been knocked unconscious that day, and the phone was still bone dry, even though I needed to retrieve the Pelican case holding it from the water earlier.
It's also nice how easy it is to open and close this case, which can be done easily with one hand.
I also should mention that this case floats, even when I have my somewhat heavy (over 22 oz.) Fluke 87-V DMM in it.
The most important thing for the prospective buyer to know is what are the internal dimensions, which are not listed here on Amazon, so here they are, straight from Pelican's site: 8.25" x 4.25" x 2.25"
on July 30, 2013
I like this size case for a day out on the water. It holds my keys, phone, ID, extra sunglasses, camera and a small airhorn. The rubber liner keeps it all from clanging around. To be sure it was airtight I immersed it in the sink at home for 30 minutes. Not a drop got inside. The carabiner works well hooked to a tether line on the end of my kayak. I was out on the ocean when a good sized wind came up and brought 6 foot swells with it. I was pounded with waves for 45 minutes. I looked behind my kayak to see what I had lost over the side and the Pelican case was trailing 10 feet back by the tether. When I got to shore everything in the case was intact and dry. I gotta say, Man, was I glad I had it! Don't hesitate to buy one if you spend time on the water.
on April 7, 2013
I have a Galaxy Note II phone with a 2 layered, 5mm thick case (silicone inside with plastic piece hugging it). The phone fits *perfectly* in this case. It is snug; the rubber inside this Pelican is soft and pliable.
There are 2 things that make Pelican boxes my first choice - and they the are the things that separate them from the Otter boxes.
The first is that the plastic piece you flip open is 1 piece. I can not tell you flippin hard it is to open both little tabs on an Otter box, especially when your hands are freezing or the box is covered in mud.
The second is the lack of an O-ring. I have no idea how Pelican does it, but every Pelican I've had has been perfectly water tight.
It's normal to have some animosity about plunging your $600 phone under water, but I've done it, and I assure you, it came out bone dry. This size is perfect for a large phone or one of the large battery chargers. I can't say enough good things about these boxes.
on December 13, 2014
I love pelican cases. This is probably the 3rd or 4th that I've owned. It seems well crafted, but my main point of contention is that both Pelican and Amazon list the interior length as 6.5". I ordered this because my iPhone 6 Plus, with case, is 6 7/16" long (It WOULD fit my phone without the case, but not with it). Sadly, my phone won't fit in the padded area of the case since it's only about 6.25". I'll probably hang onto this case since I can still fit my phone in the "lid" portion and still have it seal correctly, but it would be nice if the listed dimensions were correct.
review image
Have four different sizes of these guys. You can put quite a bit of stuff in them and are only limited by your needs or imagination. I use them to organize things rolling around in my truck. When things are out of sight in my vehicles they might as well not exist because I forget they are there. I have two of those in my center console.

One 1060 (the big one) is for mints, tylenol,,Chapstick, eyewash, pens, spare pens, sharpie markers., The other 1060 is for keys, extra keys, hitch lock key, wheel lug key, knife, box knife, spare gun magazine, small roll gorilla duct tape. Both have clear top so you don't have to dig through them to see what you're looking for.

They are tough. They get thrown around. Your tuff will be at hand, organized, and dry.

My 1050 (medium one) and 1020 for small, I keep some of the head flashlights and respective size batteries. Plus if you are on an outdoor adventure you can dump any cases out and refill with the must keep dry stuff.

Oh,and the reason I let you know about the other sizes and not just one specific model is that most are pondering which size to get, and what can fit in them. Any smaller than 1020 is for iPod, cell phone, etc.

Recommended
on January 26, 2014
Saved my phone and wallet more than once when the dog jumps in the boat and shakes the water off. I clipped it onto my duck lanyard when I would go out and pick up decoys or would be chopping some brush for camouflage. Why you ask? Just incase something happened and I ended up getting stuck or hurt myself and needed help. Many times it was floating in the water and not a drop got inside! Very impressed!
on August 9, 2013
I LOVE Pelican Cases. I use them for everything, they are indestructible and guaranteed for life! The 1060 is a great size, the largest of the "Micro" Sized Cases. The clear top is an awesome feature. Case snaps shut with a nice air/water tight seal.
This case make a perfect travel or small humidor. It will stack 3x 54 ring gauge sticks high without being squeezed by the lid and about 5x across. Long enough for Churchills in tubes with 3/4 of an inch to spare. Toss in a Broveda 69% packet (which sits flat across the bottom) and your good to go for 3-6 months! Save a ton of money over cheap "travel humidors" that don't work well.
Bottom line: For under $25 total-out-the-door you can make a perfect travel humidor you can pack the night before without having to worry about seasoning, and will last you months after you've returned from your trip with 0 maintenance. Drop the hammer, this is a no-brainer.
on February 14, 2014
I bought this to put my $300 Fluke multimeter in. The meter and leads fit perfectly in it and it provides the protection that I was wanting during transport. Plus it keeps everything in a nice neat package for storage in my roll away toolbox.
on April 29, 2015
This case is pretty nice, but not the best small waterproof case I have used. If on a budget, the S3 cases work pretty well but without question the nicest waterproof cases in this size category are made by underwater kinetics. On the UK case, you don't need the inside liner for your watertight gasket, so it is a nicer design and can leave you more interior space if you dont need the cushioning.
on July 28, 2015
I bought this case for a recent dive trip. It arrived promptly and seemed to be in perfect condition. It wasn't until my first use that I realized there was a problem
with the seal.
It was only partially submersed in water as we were treading our way to the boat that was in waist-deep water. Once onboard, I went to retrieve my iPhone from be case and noticed some water had penetrated the case. I then noticed that the lining/seal of the case was not properly seated on one side, thus not creating a watertight seal. It is very easy for the seal to become misaligned and is not easily detectable without close inspection each time you go to close the case. Since I never removed or shifted the liner, it is possible that mine may have been shipped to me with the seal already misaligned, therefore deforming it and causing this nagging issue.