5.0 out of 5 stars Don't kayak without it
Published 16 months ago by kayak girl

1.0 out of 5 stars Not impressed...
Case is a bit bulky. Inside measurements don't match up with the rubber insert. A bit heavy as well.
Published 16 days ago by Robert Cordero

5.0 out of 5 stars Don't kayak without it, July 30, 2013
This review is from: Pelican 1060 Micro Dry Case with Clear Lid - Black (Camera)
I like this size case for a day out on the water. It holds my keys, phone, ID, extra sunglasses, camera and a small airhorn. The rubber liner keeps it all from clanging around. To be sure it was airtight I immersed it in the sink at home for 30 minutes. Not a drop got inside. The carabiner works well hooked to a tether line on the end of my kayak. I was out on the ocean when a good sized wind came up and brought 6 foot swells with it. I was pounded with waves for 45 minutes. I looked behind my kayak to see what I had lost over the side and the Pelican case was trailing 10 feet back by the tether. When I got to shore everything in the case was intact and dry. I gotta say, Man, was I glad I had it! Don't hesitate to buy one if you spend time on the water.

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect Case - Awesome Travel Humidor, August 9, 2013
I LOVE Pelican Cases. I use them for everything, they are indestructible and guaranteed for life! The 1060 is a great size, the largest of the "Micro" Sized Cases. The clear top is an awesome feature. Case snaps shut with a nice air/water tight seal.
This case make a perfect travel or small humidor. It will stack 3x 54 ring gauge sticks high without being squeezed by the lid and about 5x across. Long enough for Churchills in tubes with 3/4 of an inch to spare. Toss in a Broveda 69% packet (which sits flat across the bottom) and your good to go for 3-6 months! Save a ton of money over cheap "travel humidors" that don't work well.
Bottom line: For under $25 total-out-the-door you can make a perfect travel humidor you can pack the night before without having to worry about seasoning, and will last you months after you've returned from your trip with 0 maintenance. Drop the hammer, this is a no-brainer.

5.0 out of 5 stars Waterproof!, January 26, 2014
Saved my phone and wallet more than once when the dog jumps in the boat and shakes the water off. I clipped it onto my duck lanyard when I would go out and pick up decoys or would be chopping some brush for camouflage. Why you ask? Just incase something happened and I ended up getting stuck or hurt myself and needed help. Many times it was floating in the water and not a drop got inside! Very impressed!

5.0 out of 5 stars Fits Boston Whaler, May 24, 2013
I got this to fit the storage compartment on my Boston Whaler 150 Super Sport. Fits great and it keeps my phone and wallet dry and safe.

4.0 out of 5 stars Tough Water Tight Little Cases, May 7, 2014
Have four different sizes of these guys. You can put quite a bit of stuff in them and are only limited by your needs or imagination. I use them to organize things rolling around in my truck. When things are out of sight in my vehicles they might as well not exist because I forget they are there. I have two of those in my center console.

One 1060 (the big one) is for mints, tylenol,,Chapstick, eyewash, pens, spare pens, sharpie markers., The other 1060 is for keys, extra keys, hitch lock key, wheel lug key, knife, box knife, spare gun magazine, small roll gorilla duct tape. Both have clear top so you don't have to dig through them to see what you're looking for.

They are tough. They get thrown around. Your tuff will be at hand, organized, and dry.

My 1050 (medium one) and 1020 for small, I keep some of the head flashlights and respective size batteries. Plus if you are on an outdoor adventure you can dump any cases out and refill with the must keep dry stuff.

Oh,and the reason I let you know about the other sizes and not just one specific model is that most are pondering which size to get, and what can fit in them. Any smaller than 1020 is for iPod, cell phone, etc.

Recommended

4.0 out of 5 stars if it had a lock it would be...., December 26, 2011
perfect ! if it had a lock ;)
but otherwise a great case, not small anymore , takes my 5.11 Tactical Watch Collection, nicely embedded in the foam i also bought !
The clearlid is my fav. as i have quite some boxes, hardcases, bags etc. stacked and always seem to misplace and forget where my stuff / gear is !
tough enough to take it on tour, training, for diving etc. , plugged carefull and kept the foam so with a touch of glue i could start new again and use it for some different purpose!

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome product!, February 18, 2014
Pelican cases are simply the best...no doubt about it. Excellent quality and durability. If you have some stuff to protect and keep dry, Pelican cases are an excellent choice.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very nice!, March 14, 2014
Good function, fit, finish. Quality stuff from Pelican... like you come to expect. I really like this and used it for an ultralight travelling fishing kit.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great protection!, February 14, 2014
gpower (South Korea) - See all my reviews
I bought this to put my $300 Fluke multimeter in. The meter and leads fit perfectly in it and it provides the protection that I was wanting during transport. Plus it keeps everything in a nice neat package for storage in my roll away toolbox.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good to put things in, February 9, 2014
Put things in box and fugeddaboutit. I use it to store my small collection of vintage ~4x6 prints. Ya bAby

Pelican 1060 Micro Dry Case with Clear Lid - Black