5.0 out of 5 stars Exactly what I was looking for
Published on July 31, 2008 by V. Parsons

3.0 out of 5 stars OK, but with basic faults.
I have owned a Pelican case for years. I cannot figure out why the O-ring is in the lid, and so flops loose when one tries to close the case. We replace the ring every year with an official Pelican O-ring, and it is always the same. Gravity just drops the ring out. It usually takes several tries to get the thing closed.

Second flaw is that the two snap...
Published on January 17, 2010 by Paul S Boyer

5.0 out of 5 stars Exactly what I was looking for, July 31, 2008
I wanted to take my camera equipment with me on an Ozark canoe float weekend, but needed a sturdy waterproof case to protect it against bumps and (especially) water. I ordered this case, and have been completely satisfied. I had no trouble customizing the foam padding to accommodate my Canon EOS Digital Rebel XTi, a 100mm macro lens, a 18-55mm zoom lens, a 75-300mm zoom lens, a couple of spare batteries, two watches, and my car keys for this trip! The fully loaded case floated high in the water when I tested it. The latches took a fair amount of effort to open and close, but this was actually pretty reassuring when risking expensive equipment on the water. It opened and closed easily enough for me to manage while sitting in a canoe on a moving river without losing my paddle or my fishing rod. All of my camera equipment stayed dry and undamaged after spending two full days on the river. Had my canoe overturned, I have no doubt that my equipment would have been fine. That said, I should have bought the orange or yellow version rather than the black one as it would have been easier to find had I had such an accident.

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect for Glock 17, May 20, 2013
Most, if not all of these reviews are for cameras. Another big group of Pelican's customers are gun owners. Pelican's are great gun cases. Seeing that I couldn't find any reviews for guns, I'm going to help potential shoppers out.

I got the 1200 for my Glock 17. The way that the pick-n-plug works is great, so the way to store the gun and accessories are endless. I have the gun, and 4 mags (1 in the gun, 3 loose) in the case. There is still room for a tac-light or something small around the same size.

The smallest I would get for a full size handgun is the 1200. I was considering the 1400, but that was a but deeper, which I didn't need.

5.0 out of 5 stars Built like a tank like all Pelican cases, a bit snug for a Nikon D60, June 28, 2008
Like other Pelican cases I've owned this thing is built like a tank. The new latches are nice, it's still a very solid operation to latch and unlatch the lid, but a bit easier now. The pluck-apart foam is great, makes for a very clean looking cavity to place your equipment.

I got this case for my Nikon D60 based on a review of a 1200 in a different color that said it fit the D40 (which is the same size as the D60). It's a perfect fit in the horizontal directions, but I do wish it was a half inch taller, as the D60 pretty much compresses the foam all the way when closing the lid. Nikon lists the height of the D60 as 3.7" and Pelican lists the interior height of the 1200 as 4.12"

Of course that's not a defect with the case, I could have gone for the 1300 which is almost the same size in the horizontal directions but 2" taller. Or the 1400 which is 1.5 - 2.5" larger in the horizontal dimensions and 1" taller. But my mom has the 1300 for her Canon XTi and it seems quite bulky, so I think the 1200 was the right choice. Pelican's are rock solid so I don't worry about the case getting crushed and squishing the camera.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great pistol case, June 18, 2013
edgra "Ed" (Cleveland, OH USA) - See all my reviews
I purchased this case to take my pistol to the range. It easily holds a full size Glock and 2 magazines. The padding is excellent and the pick and pluck foam makes a snug fit to whatever you place inside.

5.0 out of 5 stars Wow amazing!, November 8, 2012
Bought this case to keep my high end glass bubbler made by
TORO! I now have a piece of mind knowing my bong is safe

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome case for GoPro, March 17, 2014
As soon as I received this product, I was picking away at the foam to make my perfect GoPro Case. After just a couple hours my case was setup just they way I imagined it. This case is amazing at keeping your GoPro and accessories organized. I would definitely recommend this product!

5.0 out of 5 stars Fits 2 DSLRs!, January 18, 2013
I purchased the Pelican 1400 before a weeklong river trip in the Grand Canyon. I had originally ordered a 1500 put that proved too bulky. This case holds 2, yes 2 DSLRs. I have my Nikon d7000 and my backup d60 both with lenses attached. If you cut the foam properly you can fit both, each with a lens, and leave a couple slots for filters, batteries, and memory cards.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very Tough and Versatile Case, August 9, 2007
When I read the Pelican case was plastic, I thought it would be OK but not as good as aluminum. WRONG! This case shell is very tough and the latches are super secure. Also the Pick N Pluck foam is easy to configure to whatever you want to protect. It took me only 20 minutes to make neat pockets for half a dozen items.

I bought it to protect a delicate (expensive) measuring instrument. That instrument's maker sells a hard case for 3 times what the Pelican case costs and (IMHO) isn't as tough. There's gotta be a lesson there somewhere.

5.0 out of 5 stars I purchased this for air traveling with my 9mm Smith ..., December 12, 2013
Robb Harper (Oklahoma City, OK) - See all my reviews
I purchased this for air traveling with my 9mm Smith and Wesson M&P pistol. I was able to cut out a cavity for the pistol and two magazines. It works perfectly and didn't tick off TSA. I had to buy two different pad locks to find one that would work. Be sure to find a lock with a long shaft, the traditional size lock shaft will not do.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent case for my Sig 9mm, June 6, 2014
After being horribly worried about my first time flying with a firearm, I decided to go with a better constructed case. This case fits the bill perfectly. Hard plastic construction with weatherproof seals and two hole for locks on either side of the handle. I was able to fit my full size sig 9mm, a box of ammunition and even had room for two extra magazines. The pick and pluck foam was great. I pulled out the outline of each item and then just cut to fit the height. The TSA approved the case with my two locks attached and I never had a problem. Great product and I would highly recommend!

Pelican 1120 Case with Foam for Camera (Desert Tan)
$43.50 $26.95