5.0 out of 5 stars Bought for a Nikon D-40 and accessories, works great!
Bought this case for my Nikon D40 and accessories. It arrived in a prompt time and well packaged. As for the case itself, with a DSLR:

Published 6 months ago by James Caldwell

3.0 out of 5 stars OK, but with basic faults.
I have owned a Pelican case for years. I cannot figure out why the O-ring is in the lid, and so flops loose when one tries to close the case. We replace the ring every year with an official Pelican O-ring, and it is always the same. Gravity just drops the ring out. It usually takes several tries to get the thing closed.

Second flaw is that the two snap...
Published on January 17, 2010 by Paul S Boyer

5.0 out of 5 stars Bought for a Nikon D-40 and accessories, works great!, August 9, 2014

It is a tight fit for everything, but I was able to fit: My D-40 camera body, Nikon 18-55mm lense, Sigma 70-300mm lense, charger and cable, and two memory cards. There is a half inch border on everything, and the camera top compresses the top foam, so it is tight, but secure and safe, and less bulky than a bigger case. Highly recommended!

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect for Glock 17, May 20, 2013
Most, if not all of these reviews are for cameras. Another big group of Pelican's customers are gun owners. Pelican's are great gun cases. Seeing that I couldn't find any reviews for guns, I'm going to help potential shoppers out.

I got the 1200 for my Glock 17. The way that the pick-n-plug works is great, so the way to store the gun and accessories are endless. I have the gun, and 4 mags (1 in the gun, 3 loose) in the case. There is still room for a tac-light or something small around the same size.

The smallest I would get for a full size handgun is the 1200. I was considering the 1400, but that was a but deeper, which I didn't need.

5.0 out of 5 stars Exactly what I was looking for, July 31, 2008
I wanted to take my camera equipment with me on an Ozark canoe float weekend, but needed a sturdy waterproof case to protect it against bumps and (especially) water. I ordered this case, and have been completely satisfied. I had no trouble customizing the foam padding to accommodate my Canon EOS Digital Rebel XTi, a 100mm macro lens, a 18-55mm zoom lens, a 75-300mm zoom lens, a couple of spare batteries, two watches, and my car keys for this trip! The fully loaded case floated high in the water when I tested it. The latches took a fair amount of effort to open and close, but this was actually pretty reassuring when risking expensive equipment on the water. It opened and closed easily enough for me to manage while sitting in a canoe on a moving river without losing my paddle or my fishing rod. All of my camera equipment stayed dry and undamaged after spending two full days on the river. Had my canoe overturned, I have no doubt that my equipment would have been fine. That said, I should have bought the orange or yellow version rather than the black one as it would have been easier to find had I had such an accident.

4.0 out of 5 stars Fits full sized pistol and a spare magazine, September 10, 2013
I bought this to replace the plastic case that came with my Beretta PX4 Storm 9mm, type F (full size). It fits the pistol along with the factory supplied spare magazine, and there's room for another spare magazine if you want to fit it in. This case allows the use of a small pad lock, which I prefer over the cable lock that came with the pistol. The shooting range I go to requires that your firearms to be cased AND locked when you're in their store area signing in, and this case works well for this purpose.

I deducted 1 star for the pluck and choose foam. While they are fairly easy to pluck out to create the shape necessary to fit the pistol, I wish they've made the foam so that you can pluck it out at half-height only.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great storage / transport case for GoPro cameras, April 19, 2014
I bought a 1200 in orange for my two GoPro cameras and assorted mounts (see uploaded pictures). The 1200 is the perfect size (depth) to fit a GoPro camera on its side; you would likely waste a lot of space under the camera if you mounted it on its back. The case is the perfect size for my use (a Hero 3+, an original Hero HD, one BacPac, WiFi remote, spare adhesive mounts, spare backdoors, suction cup mount, handlebar mount, and assorted mount extensions / pivots. If I get any more mounts or another BacPac I will have trouble fitting it all in this case.

The case itself is great build quality and feels very sturdy (just like every Pelican case I've used). The latches take significant effort to open, but that means they'll be less likely to pop open on accident. I would not hesitate to buy another Pelican case should I outgrow this one or need another one for other items.

I chose to go with a Pelican case rather than a soft case because I've used Pelican cases before at work and in person life and have always been impressed with their ability to protect sensitive contents, even when used as checked luggage. Based on this past experience, I knew it could easily protect my cameras in the trunk of my car. I went with orange so if I'm trying to find this at night after a long day I could easily spot it.

5.0 out of 5 stars I purchased this for air traveling with my 9mm Smith ..., December 12, 2013
Robb Ha (Oklahoma City, OK) - See all my reviews
I purchased this for air traveling with my 9mm Smith and Wesson M&P pistol. I was able to cut out a cavity for the pistol and two magazines. It works perfectly and didn't tick off TSA. I had to buy two different pad locks to find one that would work. Be sure to find a lock with a long shaft, the traditional size lock shaft will not do.

5.0 out of 5 stars Built like a tank like all Pelican cases, a bit snug for a Nikon D60, June 28, 2008
Like other Pelican cases I've owned this thing is built like a tank. The new latches are nice, it's still a very solid operation to latch and unlatch the lid, but a bit easier now. The pluck-apart foam is great, makes for a very clean looking cavity to place your equipment.

I got this case for my Nikon D60 based on a review of a 1200 in a different color that said it fit the D40 (which is the same size as the D60). It's a perfect fit in the horizontal directions, but I do wish it was a half inch taller, as the D60 pretty much compresses the foam all the way when closing the lid. Nikon lists the height of the D60 as 3.7" and Pelican lists the interior height of the 1200 as 4.12"

Of course that's not a defect with the case, I could have gone for the 1300 which is almost the same size in the horizontal directions but 2" taller. Or the 1400 which is 1.5 - 2.5" larger in the horizontal dimensions and 1" taller. But my mom has the 1300 for her Canon XTi and it seems quite bulky, so I think the 1200 was the right choice. Pelican's are rock solid so I don't worry about the case getting crushed and squishing the camera.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great pistol case, June 18, 2013
edgra "Ed" (Cleveland, OH USA) - See all my reviews
I purchased this case to take my pistol to the range. It easily holds a full size Glock and 2 magazines. The padding is excellent and the pick and pluck foam makes a snug fit to whatever you place inside.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fits 2 DSLRs!, January 18, 2013
I purchased the Pelican 1400 before a weeklong river trip in the Grand Canyon. I had originally ordered a 1500 put that proved too bulky. This case holds 2, yes 2 DSLRs. I have my Nikon d7000 and my backup d60 both with lenses attached. If you cut the foam properly you can fit both, each with a lens, and leave a couple slots for filters, batteries, and memory cards.

5.0 out of 5 stars Pelican 1120 for Pistol, April 19, 2013
This review is from: Pelican Case (Camera)
I ordered this case for my Springfield Armory XD9 Sub Compact. Here are the dimensions of the pelican 1120 case as sited on the pelican website, and of the XD9 Sub Compact.
Pelican 1120 interior - 7.25" x 4.75" x 3.06"
SA XD9 Sub-Compact - 6.25" x 4.75" with compact 13 rd Magazine

I was worried that the gun would be to tall for the case due to the dimensions. I also have installed on my gun the truglo TFO sights which raised the total height of my gun a few mm.
Let me tell you that the gun fits! It fits the gun, flush magazine, and the extended magazine. On the front side of the padding I have the gun, with the flush 13 round magazine next to the trigger guard and extending length wise. On the back side of the foam (the bottom of the case) the extended magazine fits flush in the padding. It took me about 5 hours to customize the pick and pluck foam to how I wanted it, and dealing with creating pockets on both side was pretty hard. But if you keep at it, all 3 items will fit inside of the Pelican 1120 case.
This is a perfect case to fit your XD9 SC gun, both magazines, and NOTHING MORE. If you need to travel via airplane and want to take only this gun, this is the case for you.

Pelican 1120 Case with Foam for Camera (Desert Tan)
$43.50 $24.95