5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect Pelican
Published on September 11, 2009 by Scott Henderson

3.0 out of 5 stars Pelican 1200 Case
All pelican stuff is super quality. This was the first time it came with pick and pull foam. Needless to say its user friendly, but Id rather use a hot safety pin or foam cutter and cut it the old fashioned way. It was not a tight enough fit and now i will have to buy the other foam to get it right.
Published 8 months ago by Gary Thornton

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect Pelican, September 11, 2009
This review is from: Pelican 1200 Case with Foam for Camera - Desert Tan (Camera)
I got this so that I could take my pistol with me when I travel. It meets all TSA requirements and the pick and pull foam allows me to custom fit it for the pistol itself, magazines, and ammo. I will definitely be a repeat customer if I ever need another Pelican case and I expect I will be as I am considering the purchase of additional handguns as well as a long rifle. Pelican Cases are the best at what they do- keep your valuables safe and secure; along with the lifetime guarantee how can you lose?

5.0 out of 5 stars It is a Pelican...need I say more..., December 21, 2013
Case is pelican...easy to configure...not sure I need to say anymore about this. I got this to carry my GoPro around with all the accessories...and it is perfect...

5.0 out of 5 stars buy it or else you'll wish you had., December 11, 2013
Anything other than a five star assessment shouldn't be taken seriously. Great product. Pelican is a trusted name for reasons which you'll find upon purchase.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Case, Love Pelican Products, Fits my Nikon D3100 and 2 lenses (1 attached and one separate), February 4, 2013
Love the case, super tough, you can jump on this thing with little give, still lightweight and priced well. I put my Nikon D3100 along with 2 lenses and a few filters and other accessories in it. The case includes a block of foam that has little perforated grooves making it easier to cut to size to fit whatever you want to put in it. The top or lid has a sort of egg crate foam lining, both foam pieces are tight fits but they can be removed. I love the Desert Tan color, it stands out and is easy to find, which could be good or bad depending on your use.

I would recommend this to anyone with a camera, pistol, or any object of value that could use a little protection.

Note, I am attaching pictures of my camera inside of the case, sorry about the cellphone quality pic. obviously my good camera is modeling in the picture.

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome, December 28, 2013
Very durable and for a great price. Exactly as described and pictured. Love pelican products! Will definitely recommend to others!

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect rugged camera housing, November 14, 2013
LOVE these pelican cases! And Amazon BY FAR has the best prices as well, be sure to look around at the different color and size options for the best price. This size in particular- the 1200- is perfect for lighter digital gear. Here is a list of what I can fit inside:
A GoPro Hero Black edition with waterproof housing on, an external hard drive device (WD Passport), a sony digital camera with it's protective case on, multiple SD and micro SD cards, various GoPro mounts- a chest strap and a go pole, all of the cables needed for all three of the devices inside, and all of the chargers needed.
That's a pretty good amount of gear, and it's all cushioned nicely in the foam and completely stable and protected. Easy to get thru airport security too!
Cant go wrong, these things are tough.

5.0 out of 5 stars Pelican 1200, April 18, 2013
Very sturdy case for storing P-mags. Keeps things handy, organized and at the ready.
Pelican makes a superb case for almost any need.

4.0 out of 5 stars why no rubberized grip !?, October 21, 2011
i love Pelican cases desert tan !!!! ok but how come that the 1200 hasn`t have the cool rubber type grip the 1300 series comes with !?
i worked some paracord around to make the pretty slim grip more comfy for my hands !
Otherwise great protection case for my Fuji 900 camera incl. extras, took the inner foam out though lid/ bottom left inside !)
the double latches are great, some steal reinfrocment around the lock holes would be a great idea as well ;)

5.0 out of 5 stars Fit a full sized 1911 centered, 2 if cut right., April 24, 2013
Bought to house my 1911 and mag's. I would be confident throwing this case out a window or off a boat. The construction is A+ and definatly a quality item. I think I will buy more of these in different sizes for other applications. the PnP foam is pretty cool, I used the picked ones under the 1911 to bring it a little closer to the surface of the case when opened.

5.0 out of 5 stars Now I have an armoured netbook, November 4, 2011
Last year my 9" netbook was damaged by the aircraft company, being the repair worth 100euros... this year they won't be able to do it again... as it will travel inside this amazing box... It is bulkier than the normal foam one, but this looks like an Abrams tank compared to a normal netbook case...

Pelican 1200 Case with Foam for Camera - Desert Tan