5.0 out of 5 stars Pelican Cases Are The Best, July 20, 2013
Joe Pillera (South Lyon, MI USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Pelican 1500 Case with Foam for Camera (Black) (Electronics)
I've bought them over the years for every thing you can imagine. My only four pieces of advice are this:

1) Always buy one size larger than you need. Don't go too conservative. More space is better than not-enough of it.

2) Save your money on the *spare* foam unless you're convinced you'll need it.

3) Always buy a case with foam inside it. Being able to "pick and pluck" to customize is awesome.

4) Before picking and plucking - remember that old saying: measure twice and cut once. Take your time and do that step right. It'll make the difference between total customer satisfaction and being upset at yourself.

Joe

5.0 out of 5 stars The best gear cases I own!, June 1, 2014
I am a longtime, satisfied owner of several Pelican cases. They're rugged, watertight, and have protected my cameras for years without a single failure. This new 1500 case has a nice addition--stainless steel grommets now protect the padlock holes. As with all my Pelican boxes, the pick-and-pull foam makes it very easy to customize the case to your gear--see my photos. The eqg crate foam inside lid conforms well to objects which project slightly above the foam base. In total, there is about 4.75" of (padded) depth to accommodate items inside this case. I have also devised an easy way to remove lenses using a short length of nylon webbing--see my pic in the image gallery.

4.0 out of 5 stars Pelican Case 1500, March 24, 2012
Great case, fits my 7D camera body plus 2 longs lenses, and 4 smaller lenses. Foam is good for designing a cosy fit for the equipment. Perfect size for me and good depth. But when its packed it is heavy and there are no wheels - this case really needs wheels and a handle for when you are travelling - especially carrying other bags - im not sure how im going to be able to carry everything!

5.0 out of 5 stars Telephoto Kit Box, February 23, 2013
SanPa (MPLS, MN USA) - See all my reviews
This is a solid, tough, water-tight box for snug storage and transport of 2 mid-size tele's, associated converters, and tripod grips. The foam is easy to pluck for a custom fit to the gear, although some of the foam that's left will tend to be loose when lenses are inserted and removed. I feel confident that my lenses are well protected when cased for transport.

5.0 out of 5 stars Just plain bad ass!!, February 4, 2014
Pelican cases are damned expensive, but after biting the bullet and purchasing one I see why. I've seen these submerged, run over and shot with a shotgun and they just hold up. Very expensive, but I don't see why this case couldn't last you for the rest of your life.

5.0 out of 5 stars Got Yellow for GoPro!, August 14, 2014
I bought one of these cases during a special pricing offer. The concept was to use it to house my GoPro camera and all of the mounts and accessories I have collected for it. The choice of a bright yellow exterior was made to help me keep track of the case, and therefore help safeguard the contents. That seems to work very well!

Plucking out just the right number of foam cubes is really easy. For small items like spare batteries, I removed a rectangular shape, and use some of the cube-tube sections as a filler/cap to keep them from bouncing around.

So, I really am very happy with the Pelican Case. It holds the toy I got for Christmas, and all the other goodies very well, and the yellow makes it hard to lose! The snap closures seem very solid. I hope to have this case (and the camera) for many years.

5.0 out of 5 stars Gopro case, January 28, 2014
Awesome case. I use it for my gopro and it works great. I deffinattly reccomend getting one ig you want a place to store your gopro.

5.0 out of 5 stars Pelican = Perfection, October 25, 2010
Pelican cases, a standard of quality that America was once known for. Superior product with an unconditional lifetime guarantee (excluding bear attacks, shark attacks, and five year old children). I want Pelican to make my coffin when I die. Seriously, this is one of the few companies today that produces a product actually designed to last a lifetime. Few, if any, other companies today could compare with Pelican and its products. If you have a camera, gun, or anything of value that you wish to protect from the elements, a Pelican case will protect it period.

5.0 out of 5 stars Super Secure and durable case, August 29, 2013
This case is built like a tank to protect you goods!! I was looking for something to hold all my GoPro cameras and accessories and this was the product. The pick and pluck foam is super easy to setup your case. I highly recommend a Pelican case for you cameras or what ever you want to protect and you can order additional foam so you can use it for other items when needed. Just pull out the foam and put in another and you off.

Tim Hutchinson, FL

4.0 out of 5 stars Not the right picture!!, August 28, 2007
Amazon has the wrong picture posted for this item. The picture shows a case with a telescoping handle and wheels so that you can pull it behind you like luggage. This is the case that we WANTED to purchase. Unfortunately, the case we received did not have the telescoping handle or the wheels. The item # for that case is 1510, not 1500. This is very frustrating, not only for the consumer but also for the merchant. The merchant in this case told me that they do not have control over the picture that Amazon puts with the description. They did give me a $15 credit but would not trade out the product we received with the product that we actually wanted and THOUGHT that we had ordered without wanting to charge me the difference.

Pelican 1500 Case with Foam for Camera (Black)
$190.95 $99.99