5.0 out of 5 stars Only one problem...
TSA seems to like this lock a little too much.

I bought this excellent lock for a pistol case, and it alway performed beautifully. I borrowed it to use for my suitcase when flying cross-country, and was able to use it in fairly low light.

Published on May 28, 2008 by Gloria J. Smith

2.0 out of 5 stars a little switcharoo
Published on April 10, 2010 by Mapache

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Only one problem..., May 28, 2008
This review is from: Pelican 1506TSA Pelilock 1506 TSA Approved (Apparel)
TSA seems to like this lock a little too much.

Unfortunately, it was not on my suitcase when I received my bags at my destination. I can't imagine this lock ever breaking, so I can only surmise that someone in TSA liked it so much that they decided to take it for themselves! It's a rather backhanded endorsement, but I definitely plan to buy PeliLocks again.

5.0 out of 5 stars Pelican PeliLock 1506 TSA Approved Combo Lock, January 18, 2007
This review is from: Pelican 1506TSA Pelilock 1506 TSA Approved (Apparel)
This product does exactly what it is intended to do. I am able to protect my expensive electronic equipment with the comfort of knowing it is safe when not in my hands.. I love it..

5.0 out of 5 stars A Great Product for Protecting Items in Flight, November 3, 2009
J. Rotunda (Alexandria, VA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Pelican 1506TSA Pelilock 1506 TSA Approved (Apparel)
I needed a pair of locks for my Pelican case which houses all my camera equipment when I'm on the road. The locks themselves are very well built and are surprisingly heavy for their size. I always feel safe knowing my camera equipment is well protected by the Pelican case and, now, the Pelican locks. The only thing I would note is that these locks do use an intertwined metal of some sort as the bolt part of the lock which works for travel; however, I'm not confident this part could withstand an easy snip with bolt cutters.

2.0 out of 5 stars a little switcharoo, April 10, 2010
Mapache "Mapache" (Fort Lauderdale FL USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Pelican 1506TSA Pelilock 1506 TSA Approved (Apparel)
Pelican would include an order form inside of new Pelican Cases for silica gel and for Pelilocks with the same catalogue number of 1506TSA. I bought a number of the locks which were black, 4 combo locks with a solid hasp...they have substituted these cable 3 combo locks which are much easier for someone to access. The cables can be easily cut with a leatherman or wire cutters and a 3 digit combo is significantly less effective than the prior 4 digit. Better off buying a 4 digit lock but make sure the hasp is long enough if you are buying for a pelican case... the original 1506TSA locks Pelican sold were perfect.....no wonder they stopped selling them.

1.0 out of 5 stars Flimsy piece of junk, April 27, 2010
This review is from: Pelican 1506TSA Pelilock 1506 TSA Approved (Apparel)
Wow. I had a couple of TSA-access Pelilocks for years that were pretty sturdy. Unfortunately, one of them didn't make the last flight home with me (hey, thanks TSA!). Those original locks seem to be unavailable now - I searched everywhere including ebay. So I thought I'd try these. Obviously, any TSA accessible locks are going to provide only marginal security, but these seem to me to be exceptionally flimsy. I don't know what the alternative is, but you'd probably find a better lock at Walmart.

5.0 out of 5 stars Lock it up, May 19, 2013
This review is from: Pelican 1506TSA Pelilock 1506 TSA Approved (Apparel)
I like this lock with the wire, it takes it a little more flexible when the guys are throwing your luggage around, better chance of not breaking the zipper!

4.0 out of 5 stars It does what it says, November 22, 2012
This review is from: Pelican 1506TSA Pelilock 1506 TSA Approved (Apparel)
Not giving 5 stars because I rarely give 5 to anything.

Pros: Easy to lock and unlock, easy to change the combination. The back side has some indentations (hard to describe, like bolt marks), which makes it easier to tell it from the face side.

Cons: Dials are TAD small for my eyes without reading glasses, but then most books are too.

Other comments: it's a very small lock, with a very thin cable, much thinner than those looped cables used to lock bicycles. You don't even need a bolt cutter for it, a small pocket wire cutter will do. Like others noted, this is more a deterrent, to make the access more difficult so that thieves would have less time and desire to mess with it.

5.0 out of 5 stars These work awesome!, February 8, 2014
This review is from: Pelican 1506TSA Pelilock 1506 TSA Approved (Apparel)
Unlike cheaper ones, these work great! They are easy to set your code on. When working with them you can tell that these are of higher quality than others. I have had 15 of these on various items for last 12 months and I am super hard on gear. They hold up fantastic! I have had other brands prior and they fell apart, hence why I bought these. Buy these once and be done forever. Based on how high the quality is, I wouldn't be surprised if this is the last lock I own for the rest of my life...and I am in my mid 30s!

1.0 out of 5 stars Useless., January 31, 2014
JohnnyForensic (Northern Virginia, USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Pelican 1506TSA Pelilock 1506 TSA Approved (Apparel)
The first time we shipped a Pelican case with this lock attached, someone had twisted the cable out of the hasp, stolen our merchandise, and relocked it before putting it back into the shipping lanes. It arrived locked and intact with the exception of a kink in the thin cable. This is good only for keeping the two halves together if you check it in luggage; don't think it provides any security.

5.0 out of 5 stars Needed, December 28, 2013
This review is from: Pelican 1506TSA Pelilock 1506 TSA Approved (Apparel)
I purchased a Pelican 1510 carry-on case. I use two locks. I don't know if it slows anyone down from opening my case, but I feel better thinking they needed to cut these before getting access.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›