Automotive Deals Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Sun Care Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer harmonquest_s1 harmonquest_s1 harmonquest_s1  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis STEM Segway miniPro

93%

on September 7, 2013
I've been shipping a sensitive tech demo unit around North America for the past 5 months using this case, as checked baggage, on FedEx air, and by FedEx ground. I watched it fall off of a baggage conveyor up by the airplane cargo door (thank you Delta!), and escape out of the back of an overpacked hotel van. There has been no damage to my demo unit or to the case itself.

The foam is relatively easy to tear into the right shapes the first time. Just be sure to visualize well, measure twice, and cut once. You can use a little hot glue to put a piece back in place if you tear too much away. I've recommended this case to 2 work colleagues and they both like theirs.
on March 7, 2015
This case holds my schmidt-cassegrain telescope and plossl lenses when I travel to more open areas for astronomical viewing. I needed a solid case that would not only protect my items from obvious damage like water, and blunt force, but also from internal shifting when in motion. Because the mirrors in the telescope have to stay perfectly aligned, I needed a case that would hold the tube head still over bumps and everything else. I used the case the first day I got it and couldn't be more happy. Absolutely nothing moved around one bit. I even lived life on the edge and put the whole case upside down and tussled it around a bit and still nothing shifted. I haven't gone as far as submerging it, but the case is completely worth it. It was also the only case in its class that would fit my telescope. Good work Pelican. I will be using this manufacturer again and likely replacing the foam annually to maintain integrity.
on April 21, 2013
This case was sold as a camera shipping case, but there are quite a few more things that it can be used for. I am using it for a folding Mobility scooter. I was worried that the airline's baggage department would damage my scooter so I plan to put the scooter in this case. It's really solid and provides ample protection. The wheels are on one side which means it is used like a hand truck. I would have proferred if the wheels were set up like "spinner luggage" which would make it easier to move it around. Although, I guess it could get away from you that way. Well, overall it's a great product and Amazon delivered it without a glitch.
on April 18, 2015
I needed something that was large enough to carry the Bose L1 compact bass module. It works perfect for that if you turn it on its side. It also left me plenty of room for a couple of Epson projectors and miscellaneous cables and gaffers tape. I purchased another pelican case to carry the upright speakers in.
on August 30, 2014
strong, solid case that safely allowed largest size iMac to be safely sent cross country via Fed Ex
on December 26, 2012
Used case for a YSI glucose analyzer 2900. Shipped item in it many times and no damages. Three more words.
on July 1, 2014
3rd Pelican case and they all have lived up to the hype and abuse! Only thing with this case is I fear for the pullman, but we'll see.
on May 14, 2014
We use this case to ship sensitive equipment. So far, we have always been able to make it fit in the trunk of all rental cars... mid-size and up.
on June 6, 2015
Pelican makes a superior product. I have used their cases for scuba diving since 1999 and now for work.
on July 16, 2016
Great buy! Worked out fine shipping delicate instruments across the country twice.