5.0 out of 5 stars Hard Core Protection
I use this case to carry the guts of my photo booth. Not only does it have the space to transport my delicate electronics it is the toughest, most rugged case you can buy. The rollers are heavy duty and have no issues on loose gravel and the case is water tight for keeping my stuff safe in the rain.

My setup includes a 24 inch monitor/computer system, two...
Published on May 30, 2012 by F1 Fan

1.0 out of 5 stars Foul smelling foam, filling a very sturdy case.
Sturdy case, holds massive amount of gear. Negative thing is that this is the first Pelican case that I have purchased that has been filled with a toxic and foul smelling foam. It is nauseating to open the case and this limits it's usefulness except in an open field.
Published 1 month ago by Amazon Customer

5.0 out of 5 stars Hard Core Protection, May 30, 2012
This review is from: Pelican 1650 Case with Foam for Camera (Black) (Electronics)

My setup includes a 24 inch monitor/computer system, two studio strobes, one Nikon camera with lens attached, all of the power bricks, cables, and wireless keyboard and mouse.

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect For Transporting Our Projector, October 27, 2011
This was a fantastic investment for our portable church! We had been transporting our projector (EIKI LC-X85) in its original packaging. This had served us well, but it was showing age after a year. This case provided the right amount of space at a great price.

The pick and pluck foam was very simple to work with. I laid out the pattern using toothpicks, and cut along the scores using a serrated knife. This particular case had two layers of foam. The top layer was very easy to work with, but the lower layer was definitely more difficult. It seemed as if the scores were not as deep as they were in the top layer. This may be by design to provide more stability, but it did make cutting more difficult.

I would definitely recommend this to anyone needing a customized fit for his or her expensive and sensitive equipment. Pictures of my finished setup will be posted above shortly.

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect for photography equip, December 19, 2014
Purchased for my photography equipment and love it. I was worried that it would be too big however it worked out perfectly. It has plenty of room for me to grow into it. I attached a photograph of what I fit into this case. I have my Sony a77 mounted with a Carl Zeiss 24-70mm lens. A 70mm, 50mm, and the standard 18-135mm lens. My 70-200 f2.8 lens (not in the picture) easily fits into this case. I also have three Pocket Wizards, Sekonic L-758DR, two speed lights, and three 77mm filters. As you can see in the picture, I still have plenty of room to add an a99 body, a few more lenses, and accessories. If this looks too big for you, consider the Pelican 1510 case; it is smaller and can be taken on an airplane as a carry-on.

5.0 out of 5 stars Strong like bull, November 6, 2013
I swear by Pelican cases to keep my stuff safe and conveniently portable. I use them for photography gear, and I've found that it's much easier to wheel in three big cases full of stuff than it is to make multiple trips for small armloads of milk creates, cardboard boxes, and travel bags. I can shove the cases into any space they'll fit in my car and not worry about what's on top of what.

This case features enough room for six studio light heads plus cables and accessories. The foam comes in two layers, so you can make each compartment full or half depth. I tried my best to fit the contours of the items I'm holding, and then carve out two big full-depth pockets to hold power cords and the like.

The wheels are big enough that it rolls easily over most surfaces without wobbling back and forth too much. I'm sure it also cuts down on wear and tear over time. It's a really nice case, and showing up for gigs with professional cases not only helps me get started quickly, but I gotta say, looks nice to the client.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great transport case, December 7, 2013
Tim Korosec (Suwanee, GA USA) - See all my reviews
Great case for transporting just about anything. I use it to transport a dell 27" monitor, as well as the needed cables and accessories. These things are bullet proof, literally. Also, pretty TSA proof. The only complaint is that this case is HEAVY when empty and it's very easy to go over weight limits for airlines if you put anything substantial inside of it. The bottom latches on these cases seem hard to close at times but it is easily solved buy hitting your hand on the lid and letting it settle into the seal.

5.0 out of 5 stars 1st Class protection for your investments, May 6, 2013
I bought this for my Panasonic AG HMC40 camera package. The cheap case from the discount store was not adequate for the $3,000 plus investment in camera and extras. Now I feel much more comfortable transporting to locations.

5.0 out of 5 stars Gorilla proof, April 3, 2013
Yes, these cases are expensive, but less expensive than having broken stuff to do your job when arriving at the work site. Over the years, we've never ever had anything shipped in a Pelican case arrive damaged. The warranty is iron clad. If the case breaks, even if your fault, sent it to Pelican and all will be taken care of for free. The wheels could be a little bigger and made of softer (aka quieter) material. And, even empty, the cases are heavy, but that's what it takes to get the job done.

5.0 out of 5 stars pelican 1650, December 21, 2012
the pelican 1650 case is everything I could hope for to store my Stag AR-15 with the scope attached and the rifle broken down. I don't have to worry about my scope being damaged or having to sight it in as it is good to go. with the case being lockable it also meets TSA regulations so traveling is not an issue. this product is customizable with the 1" foam squares. I highly recommend this product.

4.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic case, but the foam could be better., August 22, 2014
This case is a top notch quality case.
It is pretty heavy, but extremely well made.

The foam padding pulls and plucks easily, but the shapes created do not hold together very well.
There is a fine line as to how much foam you should pull out of this before the foam block starts to fall apart on its own.

5 stars for the case
2 stars for the foam

NOTE: I use this to transport two DJI Phantom 2 quadcopters. I will likely get one and use it as luggage as well.

5.0 out of 5 stars True to specs. Pelican=Quality, September 8, 2014
G. Fry (Winston Salem, NC) - See all my reviews
After owning the Pelican 1700 rifle case, I was very confident purchasing another Pelican. The case was shipped promptly and was exactly what i expected.....yes it comes with foam. I think it is important for people to really pay attention to noted measurements/weight on these type items. I always check the Amazon description as well as the manufacturerers specs. Sometimes they are different by accident, sometimes they are legitimately different. I found the specs to be true. You can't knock a product for not being what you wanted if the specs are correct. That's your mistake, not theirs.

As people have stated, this case is rather large and heavy. If you do research on the item, you already realize that when making the purchase. Even then, when it arrived, it was larger than i had envisioned....which was my own mistake as I didn't fully conceptualize those specs until i had it in person. For me, that was a good suprise. (I really love how Maxpedition's website has pics of their items on mannequins. You can really get a visual as to size when they do that.) As someone else mentioned, the side handle is the size shown in the photo. Evidently Pelican made this handle a bit smaller than it once was, but Amazon's picture is true to size. Again, this is fine for me as I don't have any intention of 2-hand carrying it from the side handle. For me, that's when the extension handle comes out and i roll it. Pelican makes a quality product, and you will pay for that quality. If you have done your research and need something this size, you will surely be happy with this item.

Pelican 1650 Case with Foam for Camera (Black)
$407.95 $219.48