Your Garage Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc PME Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer WienerDog WienerDog WienerDog  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Segway miniPro

on May 23, 2016
did not get what was featured. the handle on the 1700 case i received is fixed and cannot pivot as pictured. its molded as one piece, i ordered knowing that it would move so it could fit in the back of my car, however due to the different product i cannot fit it and since have not used the product at all
on May 14, 2016
Built like a tank for my tank

Reliable

Perfect rolling

Heavy weight

Arrives to destination always 100% safe

Doesn't get crushed like Plano brand

This is the only real deal
on December 21, 2015
If you've used a Pelican product before, you know they set the standard for protective cases for high-value items. This one is no exception. It does not have the pick/pull foam...and I'm happy about that.
on November 16, 2013
This is my second Pelican case, and I'm perfectly happy with it. I don't know if anyone has ever bought one of these for a camera, but I know that it works perfectly fine for my AR-15. The foam was easy to cut. I put everything I wanted to put in it down where I wanted it, and outlined it with chalk. I then used an electric knife (I guess people use those for turkeys because they're too lazy to use a regular knife) to cut out the shapes. I kind of flicked the chalk off at the end, and now I can't even tell where the chalk once was. I did detail work in the foam with an exacto knife, which was also easy.

I use the case as a rest at the range for my AR-15, and because I'm an idiot, it has some burn spots where the flash hider dispersed the heat at the case, but it doesn't change the structural integrity at all. The wheels are nice, but unless you're wheeling it through an airport or on linoleum floors, you're better off using the handle.
on May 16, 2015
Fits a 16" AR with optic comfortably. Standard Pelican, these things are built to withstand abuse. I have the utmost confidence in them. I have two I've had for over 10 years and they're still doing their job to the fullest.
on March 6, 2013
this is the second 1700 I purchased. i gave it to my son for one of his LWRC M6A2. a week later he old me the latch didn't feel right, it is hard to close or open. he wants to swap with the one I kept for myself. Not gonna happen....pelican say the case is guaranteed only if you purchase it from an authorised dealer???? not happy... So now 5/25/13 i just ordered another 2 cases (Black this time)from different vendor. I sent the case to pelican directly and they replaced all the latches.... only out the S & H
on December 21, 2014
Spend the extra money and get as case as good as your equipment. I use Pelican for all my expensive camers and guns, and they perform when you need them most. This one is no exception. Top quality product. I do prefer the Press & Pull Latches that they put on the new iM series Storm cases over these but that is just a minor issue. These can take a beating and protect your valuable equipment from damage when you can't afford to have it accidentally break..
on March 29, 2014
I needed a new AR case and thought about getting a 5.11 soft case but also need a flight case for a shooting class in September. Took care of both with one case. The Pelican 1700 seems to be the toughest case I've ever purchased, for anything. I suggest finding a good youtube video of instructions in cutting your foam. Also, if you don't have an electric carving knife (like for thanskgiving turkey) order it with your case - because it's the best way to cut the foam.

Also, don't be surprised - when you get everything in (if you stuff a class worth of mags, ear pro an, cleaning kit, AR and a Glock) that it's difficult to shut. It takes a bit of elbow grease! The clamps have a reassuring difficulty of shutting too.
on September 21, 2011
The description said it had Pelican's Pick N'Pluck foam. It did not.Do not have the time to sending it back because I needed for a trip in a day and a half so I'm going to have to deal with it.

This is a problem with Amazon's description and not with the manufacturer after checking pelicans website it describes this model with solid foam.
on September 8, 2013
Great case for my AR. Cut the foam for a custom fit of what ever you put in it. I also got a desiccant tin to keep moisture in check. Case is very sturdy and professional looking. Wheels on the end are also extremely rugged. This is not a flimsy lightweight case. Got the 36 inch long one and is perfect for my needs. People thing its too short for a rifle case and only compliment its looks. Get this case you won't regret it!!