Your Garage Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Recess Monkey Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer WienerDog WienerDog WienerDog  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Segway miniPro

on April 16, 2011
Very comfortable kayak! Light and compact, fits inside my 2-door Honda Civic ;-) I have only used it on a calm canals, but I'm very happy with it. Very easy to maneuver and stable. And at 27 pounds it is so easy to carry. Also is "Made in Canada", not China :-)
on May 10, 2012
I've had this Kayak for about 2 years now. It is great for kids and adults alike to paddle around in a lake, and ideal for floating down a creek. Because it is a sit-in, not sit-on-top, it will fill with water if capsized, and is very hard to flip back. We found this out the hard way when our kids did it playing at the lake. Our sit-on-top was much better suited for teen fun at the lake.

Because this is only an 8 foot Kayak, it will turn very easily, but does not track well. Each stroke will turn your Kayak a little, so you will need constant adjustment to keep going straight, esp. when paddling hard trying to go fast. Not really a problem if going slow. Seat is plastic, but "form fitting". You will want to use a high back foam seat topper for longer trips.

This is our cheapest, shortest and lightest Kayak of four. Ideal for slow going, like exploring coves, and creeks. Will fit inside a mini-van with rear hatch closed. Our other Kayaks are heavier, longer, and track better for faster and further paddling. Two are sit-on-tops for ocean surfs and lake rough-housing.

Hope this helps you choose wisely. There is no Kayak that will be ideal for all situations. Just pick one that best suits what you are most likely to use it for.
on August 10, 2011
I think it's also known as "The Break" too.I bought this exact kayak last week 8/2011 at Dick's (there it's called "Potomac 80") on sale for $129 (list $179). It is excellent for the money. Quite stable in the water even though I am approaching its weight limit of 200 lbs. The seat is molded in so it's a little hard on the back if you take a long trip. There is absolutely no deck rigging on this bare bones model. I have ordered the NRS deck rigging kit ($20) from Eastern sports to hold lunch etc. From what I have read, it is an easy process to retrofit rigging on these. The (nonperforated) "holes" are already marked on my kayak as Pelican apparently uses the same basic kayak for their "DLX" models. (This model is sans the padded seat and the 2 bungee cord stern riggings) I use this kayak in a calm river. So far it's been great, kids love it too. There is a drain plug on the back to remove water. Although this kayak is only 93 inches long, there is plenty of leg room. I have a 34 inseam and it is no problem. The cockpit area is 41 inches so there is no fear of being stuck inside the kayak should it ever turn over. It is a light 26 lbs and carves through the water quite easily. I have another kayak that is 38 lbs and although that doesn't sound like alot, the 12 lbs makes a huge difference in carrying, speed and manuevering in the water.
on April 30, 2014
This kayak is a outstanding I actually bought this kayak for fishing because of the width it's virtually impossible to flip. When a cast this kayak doesn't move at all, great kayak for the money most 8ft kayaks are slow and sluggish but this one seems just as fast as my friends 10 footer. I highly recommend there's so much you could do to this kayak!