Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Pelican 1020 Micro Case with Clear Lid and Carabineer, Yellow
Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Pink Floyd Fire TV Stick Sun Care Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer CafeSociety CafeSociety CafeSociety  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

Color: Yellow / Clear|Change

on August 11, 2015
It seems like it's a great case, good feel and snaps closed. Unfortunately, Pelican lists its interior dimensions as "6.5" x 3.87" x 1.75" (16.5 x 9.8 x 4.4 cm)," which it might be, but you'd have to remove the blue seal thing. In short, I could not fit my Nexus 6 in it (which measures just short of 6.5") with the case on. Using my ruler, I measured 6.125" of space between the blue ridges inside the case. They compress a little, but not enough to fit the phone. I'd suspect anyone looking to wrap this around their Galaxy Note or iPhone 6+ with a case on it would meet the same result.
review image
on January 18, 2016
I have owned many Pelican cases for my camera and grip equipment. This is the perfect case for my portable G-Technology 1TB Hard Drive to help protect my important projects. I purchased the Pelican 1020 case. It fits nice and snug, almost too tight so I would recommend putting a ribbon before you insert your hard drive in. This will help you lift the HB back out of the case when ready for use. The extra space from the cove allow room for the USB & Apple USB - lighting adapter.
review image
on August 9, 2010
I used this case to keep my phone & camera in while rafting down Kenai River. It worked exactly as it's supposed to. Everything inside was dry as could be. Everything outside was totally drenched. Lightweight, sturdy (it got banged around on the raft & in the airport quite a bit), definitely works well!
on January 31, 2012
I came across this case while I was shopping on Amazon for a G-Technology G-DRIVE mini external hard disk drive (G-DRIVE mini 0G02131 750 GB External Hard Drive). I put the hard drive in my shopping cart and was recommended the Pelican 1020 Micro Case. Based on another reviewer's suggestion, I purchased the case just to see how drive would fit inside. As it turns out, this case is a perfect fit. It fits a G-DRIVE mini either in a thin plastic bag (such as the one it ships in) or bare along with any ONE of the included cables. The fit is extraordinary. When inside of the case, the drive is perfectly flush with the lower rubberized compartment. This leaves the entire inner space of the lid available for one of the included coiled cables (9-pin to 9-pin FireWire, 6-pin to 9-pin FireWire or Mini-B to Type A USB).

I would consider this a must get accessory for a G-DRIVE mini as the drive is made to be portable and Pelican makes some of the best ruggedized cases available.
on July 19, 2015
Perfect for USB external hard drives. I send them all over the word in them and they protect them perfectly. Shop price! At the PX/BX they are as much as $34. I got them on Amazon between $14 and $20. The 1020's (the size for USB hard drives, not the large USB and A/C plug size). I noted the clear lid is better. It's as hard as the solid colored ones (though they don't appear to be, but they are) and it's much easier to be sure you're not pinching your USB cable in the lid.
BTW, they do make larger ones your powered externals will fit, but I could not justify the cost ratio for my data importance. If your data is critical, then cost isn't an option and these will protect them. I always buy 2 of the larger HD's and use one as a duplicate of my data so if one fails, I immediately replace and make a new 2nd copy (I have 6, with 4 TB worth of data each, but own 12 for 1 for 1 backup). I save the original boxes they come in (my preference is Seagate) and they ship well in them. But again, if your data is too critical to lose, pay the money, buy the appropriate sized Pelican.
on July 29, 2016
This is the case that I needed for my iPhone 6 and a few other things at the beach (digital camera, keys, etc.) I mistakenly bought a smaller size so BUYER BEWARE that the internal measurements are without the rubber gasket/liner in place, and that liner eats into the internal space of the case. You can take the gasket/liner out but then the case isn't water tight. Amazon was excellent by giving me a refund for the smaller case and this one arrived in time for what I needed.
on June 18, 2016
Perfect size for a wallet, keys, and other small items. It will not fit a Droid Maxx2. It worked as expected and kept everything dry while kayaking and boating. But, a couple of small things to consider if you get this box. The carabineer spring broke day 4 so you may want to buy a better one or use a rope lanyard. The latches seem secure but because it would be bouncing around I added a rubberband to make sure it would stay closed. It probably would have been fine, but that's cheap insurance.
on July 12, 2014
Works great for holding some of my dive gear. It's water resistant, not water proof. Which my dive buddy figured out with his cellphone. It even said not submergible, despite what the salesperson said. Anyway, it holds my stuff, snaps tight, and when its in my dive bag, it stays protected. Waiting to see how it does,packed in luggage for a flight.
on May 29, 2016
Pelican always makes a really good quality product and this is no exception. I bought this (and the 1050) to keep small items in while kayaking and they are perfect for that role. I don't know how this would perform completely submerged since the description says it is intended for that purpose, but holding valuables, in a drybag, it works great.
on May 20, 2016
Absolutely excellent for what I use it for would recommend this product for anybody that wants to keep anything air and water resistant tape and crushproof it also comes as you can see with an attachment to clip onto your belt loop it's just an amazing product and Pelican Products are just amazing.