5.0 out of 5 stars wonderful blend of history, legend, and fantasy
Published on August 29, 2011 by Eille

2.0 out of 5 stars Scifi..?
I am very disappointed with this book. The book is categorised under historical fiction, but maybe there should be another category for this kind of book. Being fully aware of the superstition of the era it is written in, it is steeped too deeply in the "under world" for my liking. It is almost science-fiction!
It has an average story line and at times rather...
Published 20 months ago by M. HENNING

5.0 out of 5 stars wonderful blend of history, legend, and fantasy, August 29, 2011
This review is from: The Pendragon's Quest (The Last Pendragon Saga) (Kindle Edition)
Having read all of the author's other works, this book may be my favorite yet. The Pendragon's Quest continues where The Last Pendragon leaves off, with Cade working desperately to unite the Welsh kingdoms against the invading Saxon threat and protect his people from the uneasy shifts of power and allegiance in the world of the magical sidhe. The story is a fantastic, exciting ride, full of battles and conflict and dangers--and I absolutely love the historical authenticity of the author's dark age world. What I loved best about this installment in the series, though, are the deepening relationships of the characters: the love between Cade and Rhiann, and the character development of Cade's companions as they fulfill their own quests and come into their own. I can't wait for the next book in the series--my vote is for a book about Taliesin!

5.0 out of 5 stars A 5 Star read! Just Fantastic!, September 11, 2011
Rayven (California) - See all my reviews
The Pendragon's Quest is the second book in the "The Last Pendragon Saga" by Sarah Woodbury. This story picks up right where the first book "The Last Pendragon" leaves off. We find Cade, Rhiann, Taliesin and their companions facing a threat far greater then the forces of Arawn ; the Saxons and Mabon who seeks to destroy them all.

Sarah Woodbury outdoes herself with "The Pendragon's Quest", which I thought was impossible because the first book was so good. I was wrong, this book surpasses the first as the author brings us deeper into Cade's world and those of his companions. Again I was caught up in the brotherhood of warriors whose mettle was tested time and time again in battle. The story explores and adds more depth to the Characters of Cade's most trusted Knights; Dafydd, Hywel and Gornowry whose loyalty to King and country could cost them their lives. We see the true meaning of courage and the will to never surrender flow from the pages of this novel. We see the love grow and strengthen between Cade and Rhiann along with the respect they have for each other and their vulnerably in their need for each other. And last but not least Taliesin who in this story has his own demons to fight, as Cade journeys with him to a place where only few have gone before in search of something that was lost. The author also introduces two new female characters which add depth to certain characters. These subplots within the story all weave together beautifully at the end.

The author's love for Wales and the Welsh people can be felt with every word that is written. I found myself wanting to take up arms and fight under the Red Dragon banner. Staying true to the Welsh historical facts the author blends them seamlessly with the Welsh myths, legends and her characters within the story. One can truly feel the pride and determination of the Welsh people fighting against submission to the invaders from the North and their desire to be united under one King.

Having a love affair with Wales myself, I was so excited to see so many familiar places that I have visited in the book, the familiar feeling of the landscape transported me deeper into the story as I envisioned the battles that were taking place. It made the story that much more real to me. Wales is truly a land of mist, myth and legend and Sarah Woodbury captures it all within her tale.

The novel is extremely well written, and Sarah Woodbury is a true Bard in every sense of the world. Her storytelling ability and true to life battle scenes puts her right up there as one of my favorite authors. The cover artwork for her book is amazing and just helps fuel the imagination as the story unfolds as myth and legend come to life. I give this book 5 stars.

5 Stars

Reviewed for DarkissReads. [...]

5.0 out of 5 stars Another Great Woodbury Book, March 3, 2014
Jeanne Peek (BROKEN ARROW, OK, US) - See all my reviews
Sarah Woodbury's The Pendragon's Quest is another great book with the Woobury style and knowledge all throughout! This series is fun to read along with a great knowledge of the times. Be sure to read them all.

5.0 out of 5 stars Glory or glamour?, February 22, 2014
Another great read. There battles continue from the first book. They intensify and build to the major battles that take place. But you're never quite sure what is really there or how many. Couldn't put it down. Can't wait to read the next.

5.0 out of 5 stars I love Sara Woodbury's books...., July 18, 2013
All of her Pendragon books are fascinating. Read every one and looking for more..What more can I say other than they kept me glued to my seat..

5.0 out of 5 stars I have read all of the series, and give it a solid 5-stars!, January 22, 2013
This series (up to book 6, I think) is a Sci-Fi Fantasy story that is unusual, and a lot of fun to read ... It seems in China, Dragons are honored, offered prime real-estate, and allowed free-run anywhere they wish to go in the country. Napoleon, in France also has an "Imperial" Dragon, and has placed her and her entourage in the gardens of Versailles.

Not so With England. Instead of respecting the dragons' wisdom, multi lingual talents, military strategy talents...they are enslaved and banished to countryside to avoid "frightening" the citizens of London.

It's a new dimension of civil rights that is delightful to read.

2.0 out of 5 stars Scifi..?, August 25, 2012
It has an average story line and at times rather predictable. It lacks depth and character development could have been given more work. It is an easy read, so if you are looking for a quick read and are into "under world" creatures, then you might enjoy this. If you are looking for a historical read based on what we know about the legend, look somewhere else..

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome!, March 4, 2012
I loved both of the books, you've done an amazing job of bringing the characters to life... Keep it up! :)

4.0 out of 5 stars I like this author, March 26, 2013
Good flowing reading, keeps interest with believable storyline. Lousy proofreading as I find in all of these cheaper books but can be overlooked.

ARRAY(0xa5be9888)