Back to Business Best Books of the Month Valentine's Day Shop Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon Chi-Raq Bose SoundTouch 130 Amazon Fire TV Stick Luxury Beauty Valentine's Day Cards Amazon Gift Card Offer chiraq chiraq chiraq  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 Kindle Voyage Shop Now Sale

Format: PaperbackChange

on September 24, 2009
I bought this book as a gift for a friend's birthday. Lucky for me, someone else had also given her the book. I was able to quietly slip the FUP portion of my present out of the gift-bag, and I greedily kept it for myself! The friend in question had originally introduced me to the FUP website, which regularly makes my day by making me laugh out loud. I am not talking about just a giggle or a chortle. I am talking about milk-coming-out-of-your-nose-during-junior-high-lunch kind of laughter. Mr. Gasteier's recent blog challenge of a hyrax to a throw-down actually caused me to fall out of my chair laughing. Mr. Gasteier has delivered a delightful bound version of his sarcastic takes on cute animal photos. His bravery in the face of their incessant adorableness is to be lauded. Buy this book for anyone with a sense of humor, no fear of swearing, and a healthy disdain for things best described as 'precious.'
0Comment34 of 36 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on September 20, 2009
I've been reading the blog for a while, but this book is even more hilarious! The author's "schtick" is that he resents the power of cuteness that animals have over us, so he gives them the gripe-out they deserve. Yet in the end, the author always succumbs to the power of the cute.

Helpful tips about each animal included, to help us avoid their manipulative cute propaganda.

A must have, and the type of picture book that you'll read over and over. Since each 2-page spread has an image and text about one animal, you can start and stop reading without losing any value.

I like to read this over breakfast, so I can get my day started with my three favorite things: Cute animals, foul language, and sarcasm.
0Comment31 of 33 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on November 18, 2011
Recieved order on time, this book is a quick way to make anyone smile. A hillarious way to insult our favorite animal friends. Not a kids book contains colorful language! :) must read!!
on January 30, 2010
Finally... a book telling cute, adorable, wide-eyed things what's what. You don't own this world!.. and you're not the boss of me!!!! Now stop staring at me with those great big doe eyes!!! STOP IT!!!
on December 27, 2012
I used to be one of those sheep. You know, the kind that would spend hours looking at cute animals and thinking to myself, "man I want three of each." Hell penguins are my favorite animals. I was sucked in; trapped. That was before FU Penguin. Forever has my life been changed by this eye opening book. No, this eye opening experience. No longer am I swayed by the cuteness of fur filled animals in ridiculous poses. No longer do I fear going outside and loving obnoxious animals. Thank you FU Penguin for saving me. Thank you for giving me my life back.
on July 25, 2011
Short book but absolutely hilarious! Finally someone is brave enough to take on all those adorable animals out there! =D
on October 1, 2014
Such an awesome, smart-a@@, sense of humor! If someone rubs you the wrong way, this book is a great, sporadic 10-15 minute read. There is no need to read the whole thing in one sitting. Just use it to calm your frustrations if you've got a sarcastic, FU attitude/moment. It's perfect if you're having a "Hater" moment.
on October 31, 2010
Cute pictures, hilarious, sarcastic, conversation piece ... Entertaining for anyone with a sense of humor!
VINE VOICEon September 9, 2009
Real-life conversation between me and my friend:

Me: This is a great book! It has these pictures of really cute animals, and then on the facing page there's the author talking trash to the animal, telling him what an a__hole he is for being so cute!
My Friend: Hmph. Sounds like a one-joke book. You paid money for this?
Me: Um, really, it's funny -- [getting defensive] I liked it, anyway...
My Friend: [Takes the book and starts flipping through it]
My Friend: [Chuckles]
My Friend: [Laughs louder]
My Friend: [Laughs loudly, quotes the book] "Hamsters are notorious for their willingness to participate in identity theft, so make sure not to discuss your personal information with it!" [Laughs some more]
My Friend: [Laughs some more]
[Etc.]

Later, as my friend was leaving:
My Friend: And that book was ANNOYINGLY funny!
on August 3, 2015
This book is ridiculous and hilarious but does get old. Would be a good book for the coffee table or by the toilet.