Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: F U, Penguin: Telling Cute Animals What's What
Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it The Pop Ups Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer CafeSociety CafeSociety CafeSociety  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

Format: Paperback|Change

on May 13, 2010
I gave this book as a gift. I had to read it myself before I gave it to my friend, and I couldn't put it down because I laughed so hard. It's definitely not for everyone, but for those of us with quirky senses of humor, it was cute and entertaining. Then my friend almost wet himself laughing so hard.

If you're not sure if this is your cup of tea, go check out Gasteier's blog at [...]
on November 10, 2009
FU, PENGUIN: TELLING CUTE ANIMALS WHAT'S WHAT is both a humor and a nature guide, and is a recommended pick for any interested in cuddly animals that have taken over inspirational posters, films and more. Inspired by the popular blog, FU, PENGUIN is loaded with fun color photos and hilarious notes and is a fine pick for any lending library unafraid of a few cuss words sprinkled in-between.
on June 15, 2011
I read this while sitting on the floor at Barnes and Nobles. My friend pulled it out, because she liked the title, haha, and I flipped to a random page. This page bashed those adorable squirrels! This is a cute book, but has ALOT of bad language, i read f*** like 5 times on on page, just in a small paragraph! I enjoyed it, but its defiantly for dark senses of humor!
on November 20, 2009
I don't even have words for how totally awesome this book is. Everything about it is hillarious! Of course, I think you have to be a certain kind of person to appreciate this book... the kind of person who laughs hysterically at excessive profanity directed at the cutest animals you have ever seen!
on September 25, 2009
FU Penguin is all that is is cracked up to be. It changed my life.....

The book seems to have all new material- different from the blog. It's a delight,from time to time, to have a printed copy of a book that one can enjoy when you are not at your computer.

I recommend the book.
on September 2, 2009
FU Penguin is one of the current rash books that basically republishes a bunch of stuff from some "viral/funny" blog and adds a bit of new content to get online fans to maybe shell out for the book. I wasn't familiar with this particular blog prior to seeing this book (in a bookstore), but I needed a present for my sister (who likes animals and has a warped sense of humor) so this book fit the bill well with the added bonus that I could gently read it before I gave it to her. A cheap bastard, I am, sure, but while the basic underlying joke concept of this book is funny enough, it's hardly one to be read over and over again.

The whole book takes about an hour to read, cover to cover. The basic concept is this: the author shows pictures of animals and gently and wittily curses at them ("the animals, not the pictures") in a not unkind way. The title comes from the basic sentiment of "F.u. penguins, for being so cute and adorable." It's funnier than I'm making it out to be. A genuinely funny and not to be missed part of the book is the introductory few pages where the author goads you into buying the book, by comparing it to (and I'm trying to not give anything away here), more famous books. After that, the meat of the book is pictures of animals with a paragraph or two of post-ironic wit and references to things such as, err, other well known blogs, plus a tongue in cheek "facts" section. It's funny - but it does get a bit repetitive after a while.

My favorite is the "moose are such dorks" one. Can't get that picture our of my head. There'll probably be a picture or two in there that will stick with you, too.

Recommended for a bit of light fun.
on February 14, 2014
Hilarious book! Gave it as a Christmas present to my parents and they loved it. Some swearing is involved so not intended for children.
Fast delivery, excellent quality, exactly what was posted
on March 18, 2015
Got this for a friend as a secret Santa gag gift and he loved it, thought it was very funny and cute as the same time. If you know anyone with a great sense of humor they will love this!
on March 13, 2013
its a funny book as long as you get the humor portrayed. the title gives you a hint as to what i'm talking about. good coffee table or bathroom book. quick and easy entertainment.
on December 10, 2014
I keep this book in my office and whenever I am having a terrible day I flip through it. It always makes me smile and laugh. My officemates enjoy it as well! Great gift