Back to Business Best Books of the Month Valentine's Day Shop Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon Chi-Raq Bose SoundTouch 130 Amazon Fire TV Stick Valentine's Day Cards Find the Best Purina Pro Plan for Your Pet Amazon Gift Card Offer chiraq chiraq chiraq  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 Kindle Voyage Shop Now DOTD

on January 3, 2012
After using the Eagle eye PS3 3.0 version I see no difference in performance on the Eagle eye Xbox 360 version. Very responsive movements and nice micro aiming. I was impressed with the quick twitch wrist aiming translating to screen movements even though not 100% 1:1 definitely close. Having used all the emulator products on the market the last 4 years this product has excellent price to performance. This is a very good option for keyboard and mouse users who want to play on console. The video basically shows the movements I observed right out of the box I tuned the sensitivity that was it.

Slight jaggy vertical aiming no scoped without tuning out of the box but this wasn't an issue just something to be noted. I also noticed this on the ps3 version and on the xim3 it very well may be my mousepad... Anyway hope this helps people out.

Pros
Keyboard and choice of gamer mouse
Nice alternative to gamepad
Price

Cons
None that I found

Mousepad used Rocketfish control side.

I will update this review if anything changes but as of right now I found no bugs and I torture tested this product on MW3 stay sharp.
88 comments29 of 30 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on October 13, 2012
So...as you have probably read from other reviews, This product performs very well once you take the time to properly calibrate it. With a little bit of trial and error I was able to fine tune it into to near perfection.

Buyer Beware:

Must have a wired xbox360 controller (a wireless one with a play and charge adapter wont work)

Not all devices will work. Most will, but only a few are "officially" approved by the company. (I have a wow cataclysm mouse from steel series that works great)

******Deal breaker for me****** Does not support headsets. (which is why I give it a 3 outta 5) The only way to chat with this device is to use a wireless headset that syncs with the xbox and does not require a controller. If you have a normal headset and feel like upgrading, i believe you can pick one up for $30, which isn't too bad. Unless, like me, you have a high end 5.1 surround sound headset that you never play without. This wasn't something i came across when reading reviews (and i did read a few) so here is your heads up.

If this supported headsets i would keep it. As it is, I am returning it and will be spending an extra $20 on the xim edge
11 comment12 of 13 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on March 19, 2012
I picked one of these up at Frys Electronics after reading a few reviews on the internet.

Although the specification clearly said that it wouldn't work with a wireless keyboard, I decided to try one anyways. It's working 100% with no problems for me.

I am using it with the keyboard from the "Microsoft Wireless Desktop 800" for the Mouse I am using a Razer Deathadder. I will definitely update this post If I start getting any issues with this wireless keyboard, for now I'm thrilled it's working even though it shouldn't.

I downloaded one of the available profiles for Modern Warfare 3 from the company website, and after playing with it for a few minutes I was planning on returning it. The movement seemed erratic and jumpy.

Then I decided I would give the calibration a try before returning it. calibration wasn't super easy, but it wasn't rocket science either. It took me about 30 minutes to get all the different calibrations and sensitivity settings the way I thought I they should be.

Not more than 5 minutes into an Xbox Live multi-player Free for all match and I got used to this thing and was thrilled at how well It was working.

It's a definite keeper, but it NEEDS TO BE CALIBRATED. I'm a recent PC to Xbox 360 convert and while this does not provide the exact accuracy and speed a computer keyboard and mouse does; It's much easier to get accustomed to than a gamepad controller. And for me the bottom line is that Xbox games are just funner with it, I'm looking forward to trying it out on more games.
on January 14, 2012
I think it may have just been the one that I ordered but when I plugged the proven and tested keyboard and mouse into the Eagle Eye it only worked half the time. I was using the Razer Naga and Razer Lycosa. Every time I would plug them in the light on the 360 would go out saying that the converter was not plugged in. Having said that, I would recommend this to any user who does not want to throw down 150+ on the Xim3. When it worked...it worked flawlessly. It took a little tuning to get it to the way that I liked it but after that it worked wonders.
on January 26, 2012
I have always enjoyed playing the occasional shooter on the PC, but never really got into it on my 360 because of how clumsy I felt trying to aim with a controller. I bought BF3 as a Christmas gift for a friend who already had it...so I ended up keeping it. After playing a few times with the 360 controller I just about gave up on it until I found the EEC.

Though I had to also buy a compatible mouse and keyboard (20 bucks combined) I felt like it was a worth while investment to now be able to actually enjoy playing shooters on the console. I have only had the device for a few days, but I have been playing BF3 non-stop and I will say that using a mouse and keyboard have made a big difference. To me its about as near as you can get to playing it on an actual PC.

Anyway, all in all I think this is a great purchase and don't regret it in the least!
on August 14, 2012
At first I was not sure if this product would meet my expectations. I was afraid of not being compatible with any mouse or keyboard. What I was more worried about was having to create a complete map of the buttons or the difficulty to reconfigure some parameters.
I followed the guidelines in the manual and the installation and configuration were easy. The program displays the xbox control just as he is, but with space above the buttons so you can change which key triggers that button.
Another concern was the sensitivity of the mouse. Easy calibrated by softaware.
Really a very good buy.
on May 11, 2012
Make sure you have the right tools to use this hardware. You absolutely should check and make sure your mouse and keyboard are compatible with this device prior to buying, and make sure you also have an official xbox 360 wired controller.

Apart from the peripherals. this product works wonderfully. Setup was quite easy, you must have to make sure you run the software as administrator on your computer when setting up your device.

In game the controls worked perfectly for modern warfare 3.

[...]

here is an ingame demo of how well it works.
on July 8, 2013
I bought the EagleEye (EE) from Amazon along with a Microsoft wired controller and cheap USB keyboard & mouse. In the end, there are a bunch of wires laying around the living room, but this is the nature of this beast.

The EE is very easy to figure out and program. The included software is a piece of cake. You click on an image of a controller, then press a button on the keyboard or mouse for assignment of that function. Mousewheel scroll up and down as well as press are included functions. The Function Keys (F1...F12) are reserved for in-game programming of the EE. Once you have the programming set, a simple button will download the settings to the EE.

I tested the EE as both Controller 1 and Controller 2 and both work. First, you have to plug the MS wired controller (alone) into either port of the EE. Then, once the Xbox detects the controller, you can remove it and plug in the KB & Mouse. If I want to make the EE Controller 1, I had to plug the wired controller into the XBOX, then start it up, then plug in the EE. A little bit of hassle, but it does work. I haven't tested all variations of connectivity, so there may be easier procedures.

Next, start a non-competitive game (no enemies) so you can learn the in-game calibrations. Yes, you have to do in-game calibration in order to play properly. I am not exactly positive of what the ***Mouse Deadzone*** settings do, but I set them. Next is the x-axis, then y-axis. I found that I have to set the x-axis at a very high rate in order to have good sensitivity in-game. I also have to adjust the game's ***"look sensitivity"*** to the maximum setting.

Once I started playing, I realized that some of the keys had to be changed (I changed grenade from <2> to <E>, etc) but that is an easy re-programming using the easy-to-use software. I also had to re-adjust the in-game calibrations and "look sensitivity" to get good gameplay every time I start a new session. This is a bit of a hassle, but not too bad.

Just to be clear, using this device and a keyboard/mouse does not give you any advantage over other players who have experience and skills with a controller. The only advantage this will give you is if you are a PC player and just can't get the hang of the XBOX controllers. The online players who have experience at the game/map/etc. will be very dangerous until you become as experienced.
on May 26, 2013
The Penguin United Eagle Eye Mouse and Keyboard Converter is excellent for the Xbox. Its pretty easy to setup once you read the instructions.
It took me 10 minutes to setup properly.

I would suggest downloading a keymap configuration from the support site so you can have an idea which settings are good to map the game you are going to play.
I use this to play Black Ops 2, and there is no type of lag or weird feeling. I would suggest testing it out in local play first to familiarize yourself with the controls and tweak them as you go.

I printed out a screenshot of the keymappings as it relates to the picture of the xbox controller and rest it on my desk for whenever I need to refer to it - THe more you play the less you will need to refer to any documentation.

This converter allows for precise aiming with deadly accuracy!

The only drawback to this device is that you cannot use a wired xbox live headset - so no chatting unless you have a wireless headset. I would buy an affordable one along with this converter if I were you, unless you dont chat much on your Xbox.

I bought a large mouse mat to use with this and a gaming mouse as well to enhance my precision even further.

This costs less than the XIM3 which I hear is a bit better than this product - but I would recommend to just get what you can afford, because this is a good buy nonetheless!

Ignore the bad reviews regarding this product not working - Perhaps the customer was not willing to set it up properly or just happend to get a damaged product.
on March 25, 2014
Received this Item around March 11. Could not get it working and wrote the Penguin United. Took a couple of days to answer. Had to buy a wired controller, a microsoft keyboard, microsoft mouse.

Got everything microsoft hooked up, keyboard worked but no movement on the microsoft mouse. Changed to a Logitech mouse which moved aiming slightly. Adjusted sensitivity to maximum on the eagle converter and and at "insane" in the game and still mouse barely moves the crosshairs. Microsoft mouse 3000 doesn't move it at all.

Wrote seller again. Been 3 days since the last communique. If this keeps up the warrantee will have expired if I decide to return it. As an aside, the first answer came back saying I wrote the day before and two days after I actually wrote.

I've tried 6 mice on the Eagle Eye that I had around the house plus the one I bought for this specifically. All logitech or microsoft brand mice. So far, none of them work fast enough to play the game (COD BO II). Be sure to check out recommended mice by users on the eagle eye forum website, and save time by making sure you have a mouse that works. Looks like I may have to buy another mouse. So far, purchases in addition to the Eagle Eye converter have almost doubled it's price. Not to mention the frustration with trying to get this unit to work.

All because I can't get used to using a controller. I mainly wanted to switch to xbox gaming because feedback from gamers indicate xbox has a much better handle on cheaters than Steam.

Good luck.