Truck Month Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV with 4k Ultra HD Grocery Mother's Day Gifts Amazon Gift Card Offer ctstrph2 ctstrph2 ctstrph2  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Fire, Only $39.99 Kindle Paperwhite UniOrlando Spring Arrivals in Outdoor Clothing SnS

on May 30, 2011
This reel has a very smooth drag, the same drag as the Penn Conquer. The large spool is great for large amounts of line, mono or braid. Also the spool comes with backing so it is ready for braided line. I have recommended this reel to several friends who have bought it and they were not disappointed. If you were thinking about a Penn SSg or SSm, I would say get the Penn Battle instead.
on June 5, 2013
This reel is exactly what we expect from the folks at Penn. It is well thought out, ruggedly constructed, and is a perfect balance between materials, design, and cost.

I've found this reel to be reliable and bullet proof. Even though it's heavy duty, it's not overly bulky or too heavy for its size. I'm a bail guy and I especially appreciate the heavier construction on the Battle's bail. I've dropped it a few times while jetty fishing for stripers and the reel is none worse for wear beyond some scratches. The other great feature is the drag. Infinitely adjustable, and smooth as silk - no herky-jerkies here. This reel has also been designed to use braid without backing, if you choose. I've fished it with mono and braid on a 10' graphite stick, and both work as they should. A fine point to know: there's no reverse switch. This is actually a good thing as there's less to go wrong, wear out, etc., besides, I never caught a fish reeling backwards anyway...
on November 1, 2013
Excellent choice for saltwater surf fishing. Supurb drag control, smooth operation, balancing power with sensitivity. I would recommend this for anyone fishing the coastal waters and inlets of the low country.
on October 25, 2012
Found this model cheaper with faster shipping on EBAY. I guess that's my fault for not shopping around. And, if you have a prime membership with Amazon, these people don't have the prime option so it'll take at least a week to get to you. Bad when you have a fishing trip in the plans.

Other than that this is one of the best reels under $100. I've been searching high and low for a good reel to add to my collection. I've had Abus, Shimanos, Fluegers and other reels. This just feels great. The bail sticks down when you're ready to cast and it has a rubber lining inside the spool if you want to make sure your braided line sticks. I have the Battle 6000 and this doesn't have the reverse knob, which I think is great because if you're fishing for big fish, you need to set your drag at the right setting.
on January 3, 2013
I gave it five stars because it smooth to operate, it does everything its suppose to do, haven't hooked any monster fish yet but I'm working on it, not everything made in China is bad or cheaply made. Penn has designed a very nice reel.
on November 18, 2012
I have purchased three Penn Reels this year,Fathom 15, Fathom 25,and the Battle 6000,I fish in Florida and I love all three Penn Reel, I have use Penn equipment for 50 years. Penn has out done themselves with the above reels, I am waiting for the new 2-speed due out in 2013.

Thankx Penn
on December 30, 2013
It is a very good reels for fishing. I have only one and it worth every dollar. In the future I will buy another 4 because are very good especially for carp.
on July 28, 2013
Bought this reel for my dad for a recent 2 day fishing trip and wow!!! My dad not having any saltwater fishing gear used this thing the whole trip with out any issues at all. He was able to bring in a 62 pound white sea bass with this reel drag work to perfection and boated the fish of a lifetime.
on February 11, 2014
Awesome quality the rear cape on the 6000 I got was broke can you send me one I would appreciate it
on February 27, 2013
el producto venia en excelentes condiciones, el producto cumple con mis espectativas y el precio era el correcto. yo recomiendo este producto para las personas que disfrutan de este deporte