Automotive Deals Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Stephen Marley Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Coffee Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer harmonquest_s1 harmonquest_s1 harmonquest_s1  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Enter for the chance to win front row seats to Barbra Streisand Water Sports

Size: 1 Pack|Change

$2.47 with Free Prime shipping when placed as an add on item. That makes them about the same, or even a little less than I can find them at Dick's, Sports Authority, and other stores. And I don't have to go shopping at the terror that is the mall to get to Dick's.

I like the Penn Extra Duty. They are ideal for hard courts and keep their bounce a nice long while. Great for practice or training. The only balls I like as much, maybe slightly better are the Wilson US Open Extra Duty. But they aren't found cheaply on Amazon like these. So Penn gets the nod.
on June 16, 2013
this review is not related to the sport of tennis --- these were the cheapest tennis balls on amazon and i wanted to add tennis balls to our dryer when we do loads of sheets and towels.

these have dramatically reduced drying time and do not stain or damage clothing or linens in any way. i am so glad i made this tiny investment because we are going to use so much less energy over time with these loaded into the dryer. i use two at a time for loads of towels and fitted sheets, which always seem to tangle up and never dry inside the fitted pockets. no more!
on December 26, 2013
Every time my dogs attempt to purchase tennis balls they are denied entry to the store or get the inevitable questions about holding a racquet; online, however, purchasing these great tennis balls is as easy as learning to sit.

No, the dogs don't play tennis and, if you are looking for a review related to how these play on clay, move on; if, however, your game is canine play on grass -- or hardwood or carpet -- read on.

My lab puppy _loves_ tennis balls; "for dog" tennis balls, however, are shredded in minutes. These tennis balls are strong enough for 120mph serves and black labs; despite being caught and chewed and chased, these tennis balls retain their shape and bounce.

Love them! Have compared with other places and these are cheaper than I've seen elsewhere.

Play on!
on December 8, 2013
I bought these for drying down filled gear, they don't catch fire in the dryer so I apologize for the misleading title. I cannot attest to their abilities when they are faced with a high speed tennis racket. However, I do love the sealed can for freshness and did enjoy the sound of breaking the tennis ball canister's seal, it may have been the highlight of my afternoon.
on January 20, 2016
I'm not really sure how one would gauge if tennis balls are great, since I am not a pro tennis player and truth be told, I didn't purchase these for the purposes of playing tennis. I honestly bought them b/c I own several down coats and a HE washer/dryer and rather than taking my down coats to the dry cleaner, I attempted to utilize my HE washer/dryer, which is fully capable of washing down very nicely. However, when the jackets dried, the feathers would cling together in the coats. I was told by all my Pinterest loving mom friends that the answer lies in tennis balls. So thanks to Amazon and Penn balls, I now have fluffy, clean and a cheap method of washing my down jackets. I just throw these balls into the dryer along with my down coat and apparently when they spin around in the dryer cycle, the balls break apart the feathers, preventing them from clumping, Amazing. So 5 stars for doing their job. But also, I did test the bounce in these balls. I have tossed them around a few times and they bounced around very well, so I am guessing that would be an important factor in gauging a good tennis ball?? They're also very bright and fluorescent in color, not sure if that makes a difference? But I did notice that when they came out of the can. But my overall deciding factor was the price point, since these balls were meant for the dryer only and not for Wimbledon. So due to its low price, nice color and the fact that it gets its intended job done, I give it 5 stars.
on February 21, 2011
I buy these everytime I need balls but for this price you can buy nearly two cans at Dicks. Definitely not worth a buy online. Go to just about any sporting goods store and you can find these same balls for way less.
22 comments| 51 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on July 17, 2015
They're tennis balls for hell's sake. Penn tennis balls. They bounce pretty consistently. They did everything I expected them to do. Buy these balls, quit shopping and go play tennis.
Seriously... why are you reading reviews about tennis balls?
on July 18, 2016
I ordered these specifically for massage/myofascial release for my TFL, glutes, and QL, as they are incredibly tight these days. Paired up with a foam roll routine and stretch routine I feel much better for the day. Anyway I really like this product and think the firmness of each ball is a nice grade in comparison to a lacrosse ball. Anything softer and I doubt it would make any sort of impact. However, as others have mentioned, there is a horrible smell that emits from these when you open the can up. I'm really not sure what the smell is and hopefully I can get a response back from Penn to get a heads up on what it is. Will update once I get some feedback on that.
on December 9, 2014
Each ball had irregular rubber nubs hanging from them, which made them bounce irregularly when they happened to bounce on the rubber nub. I had to trim the little bits of rubber off them myself.

You get what you pay for I guess, and these were dirt cheap.
on May 25, 2016
I'm trying to learn how to play tennis, and wanted some really good ball that had a good bounce. I read all the good reviews and thought I had found them, not so. They were better than the off brand I had, but didn't live up to my expectation. I know what a good ball should look like because when I'm practicing at the park there are people giving lessons and the ball that they have are much better. I think the next time I see them doing practice I will ask what kind of ball they have before I buy any more.