5.0 out of 5 stars Nice seed
This seed works great for me in the shady backyard. The only thing I can recommend is to put at least double the seed down that it recommends to get improved results.
Published on June 16, 2012 by jaguar2000

Published on October 17, 2012 by Bubsy

1.0 out of 5 stars How can I say it more simply? It just didn't germinate and grow!, October 17, 2012
This review is from: Pennington Seed #118930 3LB Dense Shade N Seed (Kitchen)
I have an area of my lawn that has serious shade issues since I purchased my home in 2004. For several years I've used "Vigoro Shade" or "Vigoro sun and shade" both from Home Depot that germinated and grew fine. This fall, I purchased the Pennington Dense Shade and spread it. After 3 weeks... nothing! Then I purchased Vigoro Shade, spread it, and it began to germinate and grow. How do I know? Well, the Vigoro is primarily fine fescue while the Pennington is primarily Tall fescue. The grasses are VERY different; the fine fescue being thin while the tall fescue is "clumpy". I would never buy this seed again. If Scotts didn't "pad" their seeds with filler that they claim isn't filler (but is) I would buy Scotts again. At this point, however, it looks like Vigoro has my money for the Spring grass seed purchase.

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice seed, June 16, 2012

4.0 out of 5 stars Best of the three, August 27, 2010
This review is from: Pennington Seed #118930 3LB Dense Shade N Seed (Kitchen)
I bought dense grass seend from three different manufacturers and Pennington came out the best. But, I need to see what happens in the spring.

1.0 out of 5 stars Pennington One Step?? - FYI - It simply does not work.................., March 10, 2012
This review is from: Pennington Seed #118930 3LB Dense Shade N Seed (Kitchen)
I bought Pennington One Step Burmuda grass seed from Lowes a few weeks ago . It cost me over $25 dollars for a ten pound bag. Though there was cheaper grass seed available on the shelf, I figured the Pennington seed would work the quickest and provide me with the best results. Big Mistake... I've used the seed a number of times on bare areas on my lawn. Followed each and every direction printed on the packaging and it simply does not work. If and when you need to reseed your lawn this spring, don't waste your money - go with another brand.

1.0 out of 5 stars Clover, May 27, 2014
This review is from: Pennington Seed #118930 3LB Dense Shade N Seed (Kitchen)
Terrible! We used this on a portion of our lawn. The lawn that has Pennington is 90% clover. The portion of lawn that did not have Pennington has approximately 15% clover. What a waste of money and time

4.0 out of 5 stars Grass Seed, April 22, 2009
This review is from: Pennington Seed #118930 3LB Dense Shade N Seed (Kitchen)
The Grass Seed came up in just a few days. It is thick and green.

3.0 out of 5 stars Better late than never, May 7, 2012
This review is from: Pennington Seed #118930 3LB Dense Shade N Seed (Kitchen)
The seed is beginning to show signs sprouting. The delivery took longer than estimated {couldn't use the tracking number that was supplied by the vendor/shipping company}. After contacting the vendor and finally be able to use the shipping company's tracking number. Seed arrived over two weeks late. This why I only gave a three star rating.

Pennington Seed #118930 3LB Dense Shade N Seed
$31.77
In stock. Usually ships within 2 to 3 days.