Winter Driving Best Books of the Month Men's Leather Watches Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon King Explore Home Audio All-New Amazon Fire TV Grocery Valentine's Day Cards Knock snow out cold Amazon Gift Card Offer girls2 girls2 girls2  Amazon Echo All-New Fire Kindle Paperwhite Shop Now Sale

on May 14, 2013
Buyer beware. I barely was able to water two trays of seedlings before it ran out of fertilizer. Salesman said that as it decreased in amount of fertilizer remaining that it became more concentrated; however it could not have because it didn't last long enough. Can't even use the spray nozzle for regular watering because it began leaking on the first use. Didn't see the point in returning because the product was gone on the first use. Lesson learned for $13.00.
on September 22, 2013
I have to add my distaste for this product. I just used it a few minutes ago. The first 2 pills that were free with the unit, were completely gone in 5-10 seconds. So I put in another 2, thinking the free ones were probably duds. The same thing happened - everything gone in 5-10 seconds.  At this rate it would take about 20 or more pills to feed my plants, with quick bursts of spray in order not to completely drain them in seconds!!  This is truly a completely untested, waste of money.  I mean seriously Pennington, have you actually used this yourself?  It is terrible!  Taking it back this morning. If I could give a half-star rating, I would.
on May 14, 2013
Do not waste your money on this thing. My wife purchased this about two weeks ago and it worked fine for the first application. During the second application it started leaking around the top where it connects, not where it connects to the hose, it's the area where the small portion connects to the actual applicator. We brought it back to the store where we purchased it and they gave us another one. Brought the new one home and it began leaking immediately. It would be just fine if you didn't get soaked every time you use it. Please don't waste your money on this crap.
22 comments6 of 6 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on May 15, 2013
Don't bother! The other reviews are accurate, just wish I'd read them before I bought this crap. Fortunately I bought it locally this morning and they're getting it back within the hour. It leaks all over the place and the tablets last for about a minute.
on June 14, 2013
This doesn't belong on a shelf in some hardware store, it's more suitable in a cheesy B horror flick! The second I turned on this fertilizer ray-gun, it belched thick blue lava that covered 1/3 of my plum tree. It stuck to the leaves like paint. It took me several minutes of spraying with fresh water to get it off. Now the leaves are covered with big brown blotches where the concentrated fertilizer hit them.

In the future, I would give this product a second chance if...
1. They changed the fertilizer pellet formula. Make the pellets more dense (hard) like a "cattle salt lick" and dissolve over a MINIMUM of 15 minutes.

2. Make pellets for...disease control, insect control, and weed control.
on September 1, 2013
I just used the Smart Feed sprayer today and its the worst feeding sprayer I have ever used. 2 tablets were gone in less then a minute. Tried a couple more and they too disappeared in moments. I just hope the 3 plants I watered do not burn up with all that concentrated fertilizer. If I still had the recipe, I would be returning it for refund. As is, if I lose the plants I fed with the system, I will be sending Pennington a bill to replace them. I did some research and saw many negative comments about this system; on Amazon, Homedepot and others. Wish I had seen those before. Now I need to watch 100$ worth of plants and soak them daily to hope to save them. I will not be buying anything with 'Pennington' on it again.
on August 21, 2013
Like others said, it sprayed the entire contents that was supposed to last 300 square feet on one tomato plant, in about 4 seconds. I can't believe this thing made it to market. I think the problem is with the two free fertilizer cartridges included with the product. Instead of being hard and something that would dissolve slowly, they were crumbly and more like the consistency of miracle gro.
on April 26, 2013
Purchased one of these at my local store and will be returning it immediately. The hose attached perfectly and did not leak but the handle sprayed water everywhere. I can understand small leaks but this was ridiculous. Completely unsatisfied with this product and will be looking elsewhere for a feeding solution for my lawn and garden.
22 comments5 of 6 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on May 12, 2013
the feeder gun works great as long as you do not use the pennington tablets. they melt away in just a few minutes. I returned all the refill tablets I had. I purchased ROSS root feeder refills and used them in the pennington gun. Works Great.
on August 14, 2013
I too made the mistake of purchasing before reading reviews.. Mistake # 1
Mistake # 2 purchasing the four pack tomato & vegetable refills...

As stated in previous reviews, all tablets disolved with in seconds spewing colbalt blue lava on the plants, Sure I tried the rest of the tablets thinking maybe they were some how damaged in the package, all did the same. Thank God I bought at Walmart, they only cost me $26.00 combined. The paper that came wrapped aroung the sprayer says to send them the original reciept and they will refund the money but I wont take the chance of loseing my reciept and not being able to deduct it, as we are a small vegetable business and DEPEND on our produce for INCOME !
OH And by the way, The spray destroyed about 15 plants in my garden, it burned the crap out of the leaves even though we washed it all off.... I guess it was stupid to try to save a bit of money by not purchasing Miracle grows product... at least I KNOW they would back up their product. OH and that number listed to call for a refund to Pennington that they post in reply to bad reviews... got me no where.... thinking of posting a sign near the product at walmart.. DO NOT PURCHASE !