5.0 out of 5 stars Pennzoil Platinum
Since this product came out approx 2 years ago.. I've used it religiously in my vehicle.

2000 Honda Accord 4 Cyl. Currently 170,000 Miles. It shows very little burn-off of oil in the 3-4k mile oil change, and runs strong and clean.

I recommend this to anyone who seeks a synthetic.

Remember to change your oil regularly!
Published on February 24, 2009 by Zack Sonshine

1.0 out of 5 stars No Choice for '94 Dodge Ram 5.9L CTD
Rotella-T Synthetic is the only choice which HAS NOT held up well sampling oil for analysis.

Amsoil is the way to go!
Published on December 15, 2011 by Bill

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Pennzoil Platinum, February 24, 2009
This review is from: Pennzoil 550022689-6PK Platinum 5W-30 Full Synthetic Motor Oil - 1 Quart (Pack of 6) (Automotive)

I recommend this to anyone who seeks a synthetic.

Remember to change your oil regularly!

5.0 out of 5 stars Works great in my EVO X, October 2, 2013
After doing some research on the comparisons among the different top 10 full synthetic motor oils, I concluded that Pennzoil's Full Synthetic is probably one of the top 5 I would pick from. My car runs smoother and the idle settles quicker and more consistently in comparison to manufacturer oil or other cheaper brands of full synthetic. Unless Pennzoil changes their formula in the future for the worse, this will be the product that I stick with until proven otherwise.

5.0 out of 5 stars good value, April 10, 2013
Good value for a full synthetic motor oil. Now that the price of conventional motor oil has increased to approximately $5 per quart depending on brand there is not such a price difference. Synthetic don't break down as quickly as conventional oil. I use to change oil at 3000 miles, with synthetic I change it at 5000. I have some engines that get worked hard & since I have used pennzoil platinum I have had no mechanical engine problems.

5.0 out of 5 stars Detail Oil Specification Below, December 10, 2014
Pennzoil is horrible at marketing their product. The description on Amazon is so junior varsity so it is very difficult to find the specification. After researching Shell (Pennzoil's parent company) I was able to pull up the specification for this oil. I hope this helps. I will also upload a screen shot so look for the picture.

Specification, Approvals and Recommendations:

-Chrysler MS-6395
-Ford WSS-M2C929-A, WSS-M2C946-A
-GM 6094M, 4718M, Dexos1
-Honda/Acura HTO-06
-APO SN-RC and all previous categories
-ILSAC GF-5

Viscosity Index: 170
CCS Viscosity @ -30 C: 4 000
MRV Viscosity @ -35 C: 10 500

5.0 out of 5 stars Works great and a great price, April 2, 2014
I think this is a great synthetic oil. I run it in my and my wife's car. The price when you subscribe is great. Especially because its easy to find a rebate online for the oil. My car is come up on 150k miles and the oil comes out looking good. Never had a complete and would recommend it fully

5.0 out of 5 stars great lubrication for a 2010 equinox, August 15, 2013
got it for the wife's 2010 equinox that's infamous for eating up oil every 3K miles. the direct injection ecotech engine although gets great mileage, eats up about 1 quart of oil for every 3K miles that we drive. we didn't know this until we went in for our first oil change and found out that there were barely any oil left. this explains why the engine felt rough and demonstrated roughness at idle. so i picked up a 12 pk and always keep one bottle in the car when we travel. i have been able to put in 1qt for average every 3K miles we travel, and so far it hasn't demonstrated any ticking or roughness that we encountered before.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for turbo applications such as new 15' WRX, December 13, 2014
Purchased elsewhere, but this oil is great for turbo charged applications as mentioned by another reviewer. Currently used in my 2015 Subaru WRX which has smoothed out the engine's idle considerably over factory oil. Great formula out of the box.

4.0 out of 5 stars love this stuff, March 8, 2014
I love this stuff. Its a very good oil with very good uoa results. This resists fuel delution from turbocharged direct injection motors as well as the heat from the turbocharger very well.

This also is pretty dam good at resisting the cooking affect that can happen if useing e85 in a direct injection fuel pump. The result of e85 and hot oil film is black sticky goop that fubars the pump.

This is a good price .

They have 5quart jugs that are a better deal but sadly my 4 banger motor takes 6 quarts so the extra loose quart makes this the better deal.

Shipping was fast. I gave 5 stars instead of 4 because it can be had a tad bit cheaper and the price flucuated over time 5-6 bucks.

5.0 out of 5 stars Switch From RedLine Fully Synthetic Oil And Royal Purple HPS, December 29, 2014
2 years ago I tried Pennzoil platinum but not happy at all because my manual shift stick not smooth its rough. Switch to Redline Oil was smooth on gear shift, Redline was the best before Pureplus Technology came out. So today I went to change and try this Pennzoil platinum pureplus technology it amazing it out perform the RedLine, I can't believe it.

I can rev so fast 0 to 6,000 rpm on my bmw. its blown my mind how good it is, so smooth it's good or even better as the Redline and Royal Purple HPS. Pennzoil much better price. I have not tried the ultra platinum pureplus yet I can't wait to tried those out.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good stuff, December 30, 2013
Been using this oil for the past few years in my 2002 Nissan Maxima, has been working fine so I have no complaints!

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›