5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars
Love them
Published 27 days ago by Julie

1.0 out of 5 stars Not Pentatonix Arrangements.
Really disappointing! Basic piano, vocal, guitar SOLO versions of songs Pentatonix has sung. This is absolutely not a book of their arrangements. Perhaps I read the description wrong? I knew it had piano accompaniment, but assumed it would be a piano reduction of the vocal parts. The piano accompaniments are for a lower intermediate pianist at best.
Published 7 months ago by Erika Lynn Mccauley

1.0 out of 5 stars Not Pentatonix Arrangements., July 11, 2014

1.0 out of 5 stars Not for choir nerds, not really PTX, July 22, 2014
I'm unbelievably disappointed. I can't help but wonder if they even had a say in this or if it was some marketing stunt, especially with how "Aha!" is spelled differently and everything's so... wonky? Boring? Not like their sound at all? This is not anywhere near what I expected it to be or what it sounded like from PTX's descriptions. There's no way to pick out the harmonies (mainly since there basically are none in the piano/guitar chords), it's literally only decent if you want to sit alone somewhere and sing the melody while you plug along with basic chords, which I'm sure some folks do, but it's not sheet music of their arrangements as PTX sounds when they perform. I wanted to sing along with my chorus friends and have fun following Mitch's line (and figuring out Avi's, because seriously, that would've been cool). My chorus was even thinking of learning a song. But that's just not what this is for.

I've been following them for a long time, they're one of the most important things in my life, and it really pains me to write something so negative about anything associated with them. This was really, really a shame, but probably sending it back if I can :/

2.0 out of 5 stars I love PTX, but VERY disappointed., July 16, 2014
This review is from: Pentatonix - PTX (Paperback)
I love Pentatonix more than life. Like, it's crazy. Sadly, this song book is just a novelty. It is only the melody lines and piano/guitar parts. In no way is this their SATB arrangements at all. However one may think that which causes one to buy the book. I'm keeping it because I love them but it IS NOT A CHOIR BOOK!!!! Just simply MELODIES.
Very disappointed, as I love them dearly.
-A Pentaholic

1.0 out of 5 stars does not include full vocal harmonies, August 11, 2014
This review is from: Pentatonix - PTX (Paperback)
I have to echo other reviewers' sentiments. I am a huge fan of Pentatonix, and had been really excited about this book. I had been under the impression that it would have the 5-part harmonies laid out in the sheet music. Instead, it just has the lead vocal line, some piano accompaniment and guitar tabs. I looked back at the description, which states " full vocal harmonies transcribed into the piano part"; however, the piano part does not accurately reflect the layered harmonies that the original songs have. Very disappointing.

Amazon - please consider changing the description to more accurately the product.

1.0 out of 5 stars wat a disapointing book:(, January 26, 2015
wow this is so dissapointing like its only the melodies not A CHOIR BOOK it hurts me cuz i love pentatonix but this is not a choir book and its cool cuz i know mitch grassi on tweeter so i will tell him bout this

1.0 out of 5 stars Unpleasantly surprised :(, September 7, 2014
This review is from: Pentatonix - PTX (Paperback)
I'm super bummed. I thought this was going to be an arrangement including all vocal lines... nope. Solo vocal line. Virtually useless for me as a result. Really disappointed as I feel the item was misrepresented.

1.0 out of 5 stars NO A CAPPELLA ARRANGEMENTS, October 20, 2014
Submitting my request for return right now. I really should have read the reviews beforehand. After Pentatonix released their arrangement of "Run to You," I thought this would follow suit with more arrangements. There are no a cappella arrangements in this book. Why would an a cappella group release non-a cappella arrangements? I am upset by the misleading advertisement of this publication. There should be some sort of disclaimer to let buyers know that this is not what they're looking for.

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, February 2, 2015
Love them

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, February 13, 2015
Awesome

4.0 out of 5 stars Great music book at a good price., August 29, 2014
This review is from: Pentatonix - PTX (Paperback)
The book is fairly complete with a good selection of songs. I would like to see all vocals, regardless of dialect. Very happy with the structure of the book.

Pentatonix - PTX
Pentatonix - PTX by Pentatonix (Paperback - May 1, 2014)
$16.99 $13.88