Please make sure that your post is a question about the product. Edit your question or post anyway.
Sort: Most Helpful first | Newest first
Showing 1-10 of 10 questions
vote
I just ordered and received this lens today. It didn't include the hood. I was disappointed as this hood clearly shows up in the illustration of the lens. I'm tempted to make contact with the seller to see if this was missing from my order. Otherwise, I do not know how much it would cost.
Mar 22, 2013 by Marcel S.
votes
The focus ring is the small one close to the mount. The large ring controls the Zoom and yes it does extend out.
Mar 28, 2014 by Memphoz
votes
Bill, I have a K20D also and tried this lens on it - the distortion was apparent at 18mm indoors.. I only tried the lens on the camera.. never used it as I did not get all the proper paperwork nor a lens shield with it... so I returned it the next day to Amazon for a full refund.. only because of the seller.. not the lens itself.. I'd also say.. read as many reviews on it as possible before buying..
Nov 10, 2013 by Rob
votes
No, it is the same lens.
Jan 23, 2013 by K. Lee
votes
Good question, and a controversial topic. Lots of discussion on various forums. For imaging, no, it isn't needed. For protection, maybe. I use filters to protect my lenses. They're cheaper to replace. Or, they would be, but I've never damaged a filter, much less a lens. I still use them, and have since my old 35 mm film days (that's 35 years of not damaging the end of a lens, including a couple of Himalayan treks). The hood also protects the glass, and many consider that adequate. I just can't get past the relative cost to replace should my clumsiness finally break through, so to speak.
Mar 1, 2013 by P. Stensrud
votes
I don't know about Web Offers but if it is grey market there is no warranty thru Pentax you have to hope the seller offers something. It could also be a lens that was taken out of a kit so there'd be no box and sometimes no lens hood. I would ask some questions of the seller before I bought one. I have had good and bad luck with these type sellers, one time I got no hood but Amazon gave me a refund of 25%. Good luck and don't write them off until you ask questions, that's my opinion. Ken
May 25, 2014 by Mason.ken52
votes
I'd take a look at the photozone review and other sample shots to get a feel for what the lens can do. It really depends on what you consider "bad" and the particular sample you get. At the long end corners do get a bit soft, however the general consensus seems to be that it's slightly sharper than the 18-55 kit. Despite this if corner sharpness at longer lengths is a big concern (such as for landscapes) then this probably isn't the way to go. If you want a WR walk-around this is pretty much the only game in town. But If you don't need the WR, the Tamron 28-75, Sigma/Tamron 18-200 and Sigma 17-70 are probably worth a serious look.
Apr 6, 2014 by Some Guy
votes
Actually usd 400 is cheaper than other zooms with this reach. But read my review before buying. Eolake
Mar 29, 2014 by Eolake
votes
I can't answer that. Why don't you ask the Pentax Forum that question. Someone ought to know.
Mar 10, 2014 by Edgar M. Boyd
votes
Yes and no. It will mount, and all the metering functions will work, but the autofocus will not work -- you would have to focus manually. The K110D does not have the electronic contacts inside the mount that power the focus motor inside the 18-135 lens. Amazing that Pentax customer service wasn't able to tell you that right off the bat. I hope their customer service improves under the new Ricoh ownership. They've got a lot of work to do.
Feb 27, 2012 by R. Dowling
‹ Previous   1   Next ›

Unanswered questions
Search Questions and Answers