Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Pentax 65792 XCF 10x50 Binoculars with Case
Safety Month botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums The best from Bose just got wireless Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks STEM Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Segway miniPro STEM

on May 10, 2008
Needed an extra set (pair) of binoculars to keep in the car for unexpected birding moments and I am pleasantly surprised and pleased overall. After I received them I did a comparison with a pair of Nikon Action binoculars with the same specs. These binoculars give just as clear a view, and it is a fine, bright, clear view. The only difference I noticed between the two binoculars is that the Nikon binoculars give a bigger field of view in the circle. That is, I noticed a slightly larger black circle around the edges of the viewing circle with these Pentax binoculars. Still, they seem excellent for my application and I was able to recently view a nearby loon and duck with ease. These binoculars also are very well designed ergonomically, allowing me to get a good grip on them when holding them.
on October 9, 2009
If you want good value then these are your binoculars. When I got them I went out in the street and read a license plate three blocks away. I'm nearsighted - 220 in one eye 160 in the other - yet I can balance the binoculars sans glasses & get a crisp view at any distance in a couple seconds. Good for dim light. We are going to the Grand Canyon and also to the U2 "Claw" tour and these are perfect. The rubber lens caps are sturdy & fit tight so hiking in dirt and wet will be okay. They are fairly light for their size, but they aren't small. Very nice lightweight nylon weave case and strap.
on November 15, 2012
Very well made, large field of view and good in low light. I have several other moderately priced binoculars used regularly (Nikon, Simmons and more) and this pair beats all in low light use. Good purchase and perfect for bird watching and more. The only con is that they are slightly heavy, but with more glass and being full-sized that is to be expected.

EDIT: 01/10/13
I have since purchased a another pair of Simmons binoculars and have had the time to spend comparing the different binoculars I now own. (6 different pairs.) These are rapidly becoming my favorite. They bring in the most light, they are smooth and easy to focus and the sharpness is at least tied with any other pair I own. Certainly a 5 star.
on February 17, 2010
I bought this set of 10x50 binoc's to replace an old Nikon 7x50 model. The Nikon cost more than this Pentax when it was purchased. The differences between the two are amazing.

First, the 50mm lens on the Nikon is actually smaller than the 50mm lens on this Pentax. Perhaps because of this, the view through the Pentax is considerably brighter. It is much brighter than I would expect simply because of the slight size difference, however.

Secondly, although the Pentax has 10x magnification rather than the 7x of the older unit, the view is much sharper and clearer. I would have expected the reverse to be true.

My only complaint is that the "built-in tripod socket" requires an "optional tripod adapter" in order to actually use a tripod. Why? It would seem simple to make the socket the correct diameter and thread to fit a standard tripod. And why should the adapter be optional? It must cost all of 25 cents to make.

So, four stars instead of the five I would give it based on quality of view.

-dan z-
on July 20, 2009
I'm no expert on these things, but we took them on our recent trip to Denali, and they were just what we needed! Rugged, good feel, excellent optics. We zoomed in so easily on the bears and sheep and other critters! They're too big for me to take to a football game, but for wilderness viewing, they're the tops in my book!
on December 26, 2011
Read instructions on what to do to adjust the view, my husband doesn't read instructions just tries to figure it out. So my son read them and very easy to adjust. The only thing I didn't like was there was no strap for the bag. My husband likes to hang the bag up for better storage. It comes with a strap for the binoculars and nice bag.
TOP 1000 REVIEWERon October 20, 2014
I purchased these binoculars after buying a smaller Pentax binocular for my wife and seeing what quality Pentax offers for a reasonable price. I first went to harbor freight and tried out there 20 dollar 10x50 bnioculars. They honestly do not compare to the quality of these. These feel like a high quality binocular for 50 dollars. Granted I am not an expert birdsman, I merely sit in my back yard and watch the birds in various trees and distances. I also enjoy looking at helicopters and other aircraft in the sky. These fit the bill perfectly. They are clear, the amount of light let in is perfect and it is simple to dial in a great picture. No problem at all trying to steady these even while standing. Great purchase.
on February 9, 2009
These are great binoculars. Compared to several other sets I have purchased, these binoculars are much more clear and are particularly good in low light conditions. In low light, the image through the binoculars is brighter than with the naked eye. In addition, compared to my other binoculars, these produce a very sharp image. The price is certainly right for Pentax quality. Hard to believe you can get them for this price. I keep a set in my car and another set at home. These are not small, but they are not too heavy either.
on March 5, 2014
I purchased these when they were on sale for my husband. He tends to "misplace" things so I did not want to spend a lot of money. This is such a good set of binoculars for the price point. He hunts from a blind and I think a lot of times, from his truck!!!!! HA HA.

So, I would recommend these for the person that does not want to spend too much money but wants a good quality product.
on December 19, 2014
I bought these as a gift for my sister, who has a house on a lake (with wildlife and birds) because I'm so happy with mine, and they give you much more than standard 8x42. You have to brace yourself, somewhat with 10x for stabilization of the image, but I think it's worth it for a quick and close look. The 50 means it has bigger lenses out front for more light gathering. Alternately, you could go even bigger with a tripod mount.