From the Manufacturer
The 12.-megapixel Optio P80 sports a compact, ultra-slim body that is ideal for travel, events and day-to-day activities. With a high-grade aluminum-alloy housing and delicately contoured chrome-plated design, the Optio P80 offers a stylish, elegant finish. Pentax’s innovative Sliding Lens System* and space-efficient high-density mounting technology contribute to the small, compact, lightweight body. Just over one-half inch at its slimmest point, the Optio P80 features an optical 4x zoom lens and a large 2.7-inch LCD monitor. A Smile Capture mode, which automatically releases the shutter the moment the camera detects the subject’s smile; A Blink Detection function, which warns the photographer when the subject’s eyes close at the time of shutter release; A new Small Face filter, which makes the subject’s face appear smaller than reality in relation to the body, without compromising the overall balance of a portrait.
Optio P80 Highlights
High image quality
Combining approximately 12.1 effective megapixels with the Pentax-developed imaging engine and high-performance Pentax zoom lens, the Optio P80 delivers brilliant, high-quality images with well-defined details. Even when images are enlarged, the photographer is assured of sharp, high-resolution prints with edge-to-edge sharpness.
Optical 4x zoom lens for excellent zoom coverage from wide angle to telephoto
The ultra-slim Optio P80 comes equipped with an optical 4x zoom lens covering focal lengths from 4.9mm to 19.6mm (equivalent in the 35mm format to approximately 27.5mm wide angle to 110mm telephoto). This wide zoom range is perfect for a wide variety of subjects and scenes from spectacular landscapes to group and indoor shots in a confined space.
Greatly improved Automatic Face Detection
The Optio P80’s Face Detection AF & AE function is greatly improved. In addition to automatic detection of up to 32 faces in a mere 0.03 seconds, the function now detects a subject facing the camera from an angle or with a tilted head. Other features that help photographers produce better portraits with minimal effort include:
High-quality, widescreen HD movie recording
The Optio P80 captures beautiful widescreen HD movie clips at 16:9 aspect ratio (1280 x 720 pixels)* at a frame rate of 30 frames per second.
* When the Optio P80’s AV output terminal is used, movie clips are output at standard definition. If the user wishes to playback movie clips at high-definition proportions (1280 x 720 pixels), the data must be transferred to a personal computer for playback.
Triple anti-shake protection to prevent different types of camera shake
*When the High-Sensitivity SR mode is selected, the recorded size is fixed to 5M (2592 x 1944 pixels).
- Pixel Track SR mode: When recording still images, the Optio P80’s Pixel Track SR (Shake Reduction) mode effectively compensates for camera shake by processing affected images.
- High-Sensitivity SR mode*: When it detects low-lighting conditions in still-image shooting, the Optio P80 automatically raises sensitivity to as high as ISO 6400, making it possible to use a higher shutter speed. This effectively minimizes the adverse effects of camera shake and subject motion blur under poor lighting conditions.
- Movie SR mode**: During movie recording, the Optio P80 prevents blurry video by effectively minimizing annoying camera shake through the use of exclusive software.
** When the Movie SR mode is selected, the angle of view becomes narrower than normal shooting.
- Vertical Snap mode to capture vertical-position images with the same ease of operation as a mobile phone
- Auto Picture mode to automatically select one of eight shooting modes for the optimum result
- A variety of digital filters, including the new retro Toy Camera filter, to add distinctive visual effects to recorded images
- Dynamic Range adjustment to prevent overexposed and underexposed areas in images
- Favorites function to save reduced-size files of favorite images in the camera and recall them at will
- Digital Wide mode to create a panoramic, ultra-wide-angle picture (equivalent to an image taken with an approx. 20mm lens in the 35mm format) from two images
- Frame composite function (with 90 frames stored in the camera) to shoot or compose images with decorative photo frames
- Image recovery function to recover accidentally erased images
The ultra-slim PENTAX Optio P80 digital camera features a lightweight design in three fashionable colors including Black, Pearl, and Mint. This stylish camera features a lightweight body with advanced features including 12.1 megapixels, a 4X wide angle optical zoom, HD video capture, Shake Reduction, Face Detection and Smile Recognition. Great shots come easily with an Auto Picture mode that selects from eight shooting modes. The large 2.7 inch LCD ensures accurate composition and playback of still images and video. Sensitivity up to ISO 6400 boosts shutter speeds to freeze subject movement for blur-free images even in low lighting.