4.0 out of 5 stars Great camera

1.0 out of 5 stars not waterproof
Published on June 21, 2012 by spork

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

4.0 out of 5 stars Great camera, January 20, 2012
This review is from: Pentax Optio WG-4 Silver 16 MP Digital Camera (Silver) Premiere Bundle Includes 8GB Memory Card, Reader, Battery, Case, Tripod, Floating Wrist Strap, Screen Protectors, & Lens Cleaning Kit. (Camera)
Bought this just prior to a cruise. Pentax has been a favorite of my for years. I wanted something that could take a few bumps and use snorkeliing. Didn't get a chance to do a lot of underwater photos, but the camera does a great job. A pro on the cruise said he has been as deep as 40ft. with no problem. I wouldn't push it that far, but there was no problem at 10ft. for sure. Some great shots on the trip. I would recommend this to anyone looking for a rugged, waterproof camera at a reasonable price.

1.0 out of 5 stars not waterproof, June 21, 2012
The camera worked great for the first few days of our honeymoon until we took it into the water. Shortly after we used it the screen went blank even though the camera was on. We were unable to take any pictures afterwards, there were lines all over the screen every time we tried to take a picture. We called Pentax, who replaced it (said it was extremely water damaged), but the new camera is having the same problems as the old even though it hasn't touched the water.

1.0 out of 5 stars Not waterproof (or at least, not the one I bought), July 29, 2013
I bought this camera less than a month ago and the first time I took it to the water (last Tuesday) it exploded inside. It is useless now. I bought it from Beach Camera. Since I had thrown away the original package, Beach Camera refused to change the camera... I know this may rarely happen but it happened to me and I wasted 243 dollars. Thank you Beach Camera.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great camera for the money!!, September 4, 2012
Mark A. Whitaker (Tallahassee, FL, US) - See all my reviews
Easy to use, for snorkeling, diving or taking pictures above or below the water. Shutter lags a little but would recommend to anyone looking for a tough waterproof affordable camera.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great camera; extras... not so much, February 21, 2014
The camera is great; everything I expected.
It came with a very good SD card: class 10 (fast), name brand.

As for the rest of the accessories: Screen protectors are impossible to put on without leaving huge bubbles, screen cleaning solution smells funny, card reader only worked for about three days, the tripod's too small and light to use with this camera, etc...
However, that's all completely irrelevant: you still get a great camera, with a great SD card with more than enough room for several days' worth of photos, AND you get it for a reasonable price. Any use you can get out of the rest of the stuff, that's just gravy.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great purchase, December 10, 2013
This is such a great camera. The quality of the pictures and videos is just as we expected. I am excited to use it more. We have not used it under water at all so I cannot attest to how well it works for that. There are a lot of options on this camera so I have not had a chance to use/learn everything about it but cannot wait to continue to explore what it can do!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great value for a Great Camera!, November 27, 2013
This is a great camera, been using it in the back country of Idaho for fish research. I use it snorkeling often, and even use it under the Ice!

5.0 out of 5 stars Takes Outstanding Pictures, May 16, 2012
Purcahsed this for doing some water activities.

Never ended up using it for snorkelling, but it has replaced my every day camera.

Love it.

3.0 out of 5 stars I love the camera, August 20, 2014
"Adventure proof" is a questionable term. I love the camera, it put up with sand, underwater in salt water, it took abuse all through climbing and hiking in SE Asia. Then the lens scratched--by it's own carabiner while inside the camera pouch while in an urban setting in Japan. Kinda upset that it was able to put up with the abuse of the outdoors & jungles of Cambodia and then to have the lens scratch in a normal everyday situation.

The scratch is significant enough that now every photo taken has a slight smudge, and it's nearly impossible to take photos with direct sunlight due to lens flare created by the scratch. Will be contacting Pentax about this.

Other than the scratch, this has been an amazing camera.

1.0 out of 5 stars I'ts a lie that is shockproof, or that can ..., September 26, 2014
I'ts a lie that is shockproof, or that can tolerate a fall from 2mts. I bought one, it fell from 0.5m.(2 ft) to the ground and the acrylic cover screen broke. I wrote to Beach Camera long ago asking for guarantee and they just gave me a number to follow the complaint, but to this date they didn't gave me a solution. I wrote to Ricoh, no technical service, no parts, as well. Be careful if you buy this kind of camera you wont have guarantee , parts or technical support. You might end up buying a new one.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›