5.0 out of 5 stars A Great Pastel Set.
If you are first starting out with this type of medium to color your creations drawing, or any other type, then this is the set for you. i just love my set that i've got i started out, with a 12, then 25 color set of this brand . but advanced to 36 in no time, there really is'nt a difference but that more colors are added to the set. Pentel is the only brand i trust for...
Published on February 25, 2007 by Brent Hilton

3.0 out of 5 stars Excelent Quality, but...
I used These in my High School Drawing and my Painting class last year, in drawing we used them to do an object drawing, I used them to draw a teddy bear and I had quite a bit of trouble getting a realistic fur texture, but that is my own fault. these are not meant for super detailed work but over all they performed well. In my painting class we used Baby Oil and a pint...
Published 16 months ago by Amanda

‹ Previous | 1 2 335 | Next ›

3.0 out of 5 stars nowhere near professional quality., June 4, 2012
Sam (Chicago, IL USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Pentel Arts Oil Pastels, 50 Color Set (PHN-50) (Office Product)
These oil pastels are no where near professional quality so don't expect to be using them in a professional setting.

But to be fair I purchased these pastels for recreational use only for my family to use for enjoyment.

The colors don't blend very well but you get a fair amount of varying colors and the price is fair.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great buy and works great, January 24, 2011
Great for budding artist and those further experienced alike. My tweenies love this. They especially love the blending capabilities of the colors.

3.0 out of 5 stars OK...But..., May 21, 2012
I was excited to find some oil pastels for a fairly cheap price.
But they're a little cheaper than what I really wanted.
When I used them they kind of have a "crayon" look to them versus a pastel look to them, if you use the white colored pastel to blend than it helps it look a little better.
Good product for people who already know how to use pastels because they'll probably know how to make it look better,
or good product for beginners or little kids who don't really care as much.

5.0 out of 5 stars Oil Pastels, March 18, 2011
These oil pastels are great. They are smooth and blend very nicely. Delivery was on time and the box was in perfect condition.

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, October 17, 2014
I and the child like these pieces of chalk, they moderately bright, colors natural, drawings turn out perfectly.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good Quality, August 16, 2013
I bought these oil pastels for my 9 year old daughter. She loves art and told me she needed these to create a picture she wanted to draw. So I went on Amazon and found this set. The quality and price is great. My daughter created a beautiful masterpiece with this set. The colors are bright and creamy. I am very please with the purchase.

5.0 out of 5 stars Love it!, October 23, 2012
Perfect pastels for beginners. I bought the 50 color set, and it is WONDERFUL. The color blends easily, and the color is very pigmented. The colors are bright and very bold, especially the red. They're also strong too. Accidentally, I stepped on the box and heard a "CRACK", but I looked and everything was okay. On the bonus side, they don't cost that much. The only downside is that they're quite small, but I can stand that, considering I don't use pastels too often. I uploaded my first picture incase anybody wanted one. (Sorry the picture isn't great, I am only a child.)

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Set, October 31, 2011
Neil Jensen "albanycritic" (Albany, NY United States) - See all my reviews
I have never used pastels before. I am used to oil and acrylic paint. This is a different experience and has taken some trial and error to get the knack of. They seem very good. I was trying to blend them with my finger but seem to have used too much or too many colors and they got waxy. I figured out using them with strong strokes blended colors for me doing abstracts anyway.

2.0 out of 5 stars Really kid quality stuff, November 16, 2011
Perfect for kindergarten kids. Thats about it. Slushy, poor pigment and breaks easily. Not even for a high school artist.

5.0 out of 5 stars great quality for the price, April 14, 2012
Wendy (Maryland/Massachusetts USA) - See all my reviews
I'm not an art professional, but I enjoy painting and drawing on my own. For how inexpensive they are, I'm very happy with these pastels. There's a great variety of colors, including 2 white pastel pieces. They smudge quite well and are just as good as any pastels I've worked with. I also appreciate the packaging, as its simple but pretty sturdy and each pastel has an individual place so they don't break.

‹ Previous | 1 2 335 | Next ›

Pentel Arts Oil Pastels, 50 Color Set (PHN-50)
$10.99 $5.95