5.0 out of 5 stars I love this pen.
Published on December 15, 2006 by Carey A. Oxler

1.0 out of 5 stars Pens do not work
None of these pens work! I thin that the ink is old. I keep trying to get them to scribble and I get purple for a second and then it stops writing completely.
Published 8 months ago by latasha

5.0 out of 5 stars I love this pen., December 15, 2006
Normally I'm a grab-whatever's-nearest kinda gal, but I've started keeping track of this pen. I carry it with me. I use it for everything from taking notes at meetings to jotting down lists to doodling sketches for design projects. It's not a drafting-quality pen - the gel ink dries just slowly enough to smear if you're in a frenzied hurry, but it does dry much faster than most gel pens (oh Gelly Roll, our affair was cut short by your messy habits). Smooth, even ink flow -- none of that fading-in-and-out nonsense. This pen allows a strong, sassy style. I can't believe I'm putting a box of pens on my wishlist, but these really are my favorite thing to write with. I find myself writing unnecessary lists *just to use the pen*.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Pens, August 18, 2005
This review is from: Pentel EnerGel Liquid Gel Pen, Fine Needle Tip, Blue Barrel, Black Ink, Box of 12 (BLN15-A) (Office Product)
Never thought I'd write a review of a stupid pen, but these pens are the best. Made in Japan - which means high build quality. They don't leak, or run all over your hands, or leave blotches on the paper. The ink doesn't bleed through the paper and it absorbs into the paper quickly enough so that it doesn't smear. If you write on both sides of a composition book, you can do that with these pens, unlike some others that will bleed.

The line quality is superb - a very uniform line width. You can tilt the pen at a very high angle when drawing or writing and still maintain line consistency. The writing tip lays down ink smoothly and it doesn't scratch against the paper. If you write quickly or slowly the ink will be put down evenly, even if you slow down and dwell in certain areas of the paper.

The barrel is medium sized - not too small or too large. The rubber grip doesn't loosen up - it stays tight on the barrel and has a good feel. The weight is evenly balanced and it's not top heavy or tip heavy.

Excellent pen for people that draw a lot and need a great line quality with no bleeding or line edge fringing. I love these pens. They belong in every artist's toolbox.

5.0 out of 5 stars These pens are the BOMB!!, January 13, 2007
guitarman (southwest usa) - See all my reviews
I'm a small time collector of fountain pens, and I'd rather use one of these than my Mont Blanc anyday. My wife and I buy these by the pack and hardly use anything else. The ink flows from these perfectly like a fine-tip fountain pen without skipping OR blotching, and, unlike so many other gel pens, it dries on the page almost instantly.

Just don't use them on something glossy like a postcard. They will smear. But that's no different from any other gel pen, or fountain pen for that matter.

Well worth your investment, this is a fine writing instrument indeed!

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome Pen, June 3, 2005
This really is probably the best pen I've written with. It writes very smoothly..no scratchy feel. The ink is dark and dries instantly. With other dark writing pens, if you accidentally drag your hand through what you've written, you wind up with ink all over your hand and a smeared page. Not with this pen. I am amazed!

4.0 out of 5 stars 2nd Place in The Great Pen Review, January 7, 2012
I conducted a Great Pen Review a few months ago, in which I purchased a 12-pack of the following 0.5mm pens and distributed them to friends and family for evaluation:

Pilot Precise V5 Stick Rolling Ball Pen, Micro Point, 0.5 mm, Black Barrel/Ink (35334), 12-Count
Pilot G2 Retractable Gel Ink Roller Ball Pen, Extra Fine Point, Clear Barrel, Black Ink, 12-Count (31002)
uni-ball 207 Retractable Micro Point Gel Pens, 12 Black Ink Pens(61255)
Sharpie Pen Fine Point Pen, 12 Black Pens (1742663)

The overall favorites were definitely the V5 and the EnerGel. The EnerGel was generally preferred by those who liked a higher ink flowrate, while the V5 was preferred by those who liked a lower flowrate. First impressions of the Uniball 207 were quite good, but occasionally these pens drew the ire of my reviewers when they stopped writing seemingly randomly with large volumes of ink still remaining. The Sharpie pen, while better than expected, feels like a marker (because it is) and doesn't have wide appeal. The Pilot G2 was scratchy and terrible all-around; this appears to be a problem with the 0.5mm tip size, as I have heard great things about the G2 0.7mm.

I found the EnerGel to deliver the ink too fast, and I had some problems with bleed-through on my Moleskine Ruled Notebook Pocket. Because of this, the EnerGel ran dry quite a bit faster than the other pens tested. I do tend to write rather slowly, so it really comes down to personal preference - the other reviewers were split 50/50 over whether the flowrate was too high or just right.

The pen had zero durability issues like those cited for the 207's and the G2's. While I find the line that these pens produce to be too thick when compared to the lines yielded by other 0.5mm pens, those who like to write bigger and bolder will probably appreciate them. Even though this is not my favorite pen, all reviewers could at least agree that these pens are quality.

4.0 out of 5 stars Pentel EnerGel liquid Gel Stick Roller Ball Pen, November 25, 2009
I have used the pentel pens before and I love them! These pens have a smooth writing style. For some odd reason, these pens no longer are sold in stores. I'm glad I was able to find them in Amazon.com!

5.0 out of 5 stars BEST PEN OF ALL TIME!, September 3, 2008
I now use these pens full time at work and school. People at my job know I'm touchy about my pen now and do not like others using it because of the high rate of pen theft. It is the BEST pen I have EVER used. It is dark, vivid, smooth, and crisp. It dries VERY fast, much like not even using gel ink. I'm left handed and have never had ink smears on my hand in my 6+ months using these pens. I will hope they are never discontinued because it will be the only pen I ever use again. They are definitely worth the money and last a good while. Now they just need to make a refillable version.

5.0 out of 5 stars The Best Pen Ever Created!!!, June 20, 2008
Sandjoy54 "sandjoy542001" (TEXARKANA, ARKANSAS United States) - See all my reviews
This is one of the pens ever created!!! I'm a nurse, and I have to write alot. I have also had Carpal Tunnel surgery on my hand twice. So I need a pen that will flow smoothly and easily. This pen is it, and not like most gel pens, it is good to the very last drop. You get your monies worth and more!!!

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice pen at a nice price!, January 14, 2007
Okay, so I'm pretty fussy when it comes to pens. I like a fine line, a bold imprint, and a nice smooth writing style. This pen has it all. My biggest problem is that other people keep stealing it.

5.0 out of 5 stars My Favorite Pen, April 30, 2009
Someone gave me this pen as a gift last year. I love it! Have to watch it like a hawk so no one keeps it.

My typical problem with liquid ink pens is they are touchy about the angle of the pen to write properly, even other pentel pens. This particular one seems to be the perfect balance.

It is hard to find in stores though.

Rate and Discover Movies