Professional restaurant supplies Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_cbcc_7_fly_beacon The Jayhawks Fire TV with 4k Ultra HD Mother's Day Gifts Amazon Gift Card Offer bschs2 bschs2 bschs2  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Fire, Only $39.99 Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop Now May4th

Size: Fine Tip|Color: Blue Ink|Change

on December 15, 2006
Normally I'm a grab-whatever's-nearest kinda gal, but I've started keeping track of this pen. I carry it with me. I use it for everything from taking notes at meetings to jotting down lists to doodling sketches for design projects. It's not a drafting-quality pen - the gel ink dries just slowly enough to smear if you're in a frenzied hurry, but it does dry much faster than most gel pens (oh Gelly Roll, our affair was cut short by your messy habits). Smooth, even ink flow -- none of that fading-in-and-out nonsense. This pen allows a strong, sassy style. I can't believe I'm putting a box of pens on my wishlist, but these really are my favorite thing to write with. I find myself writing unnecessary lists *just to use the pen*.
on August 18, 2005
Never thought I'd write a review of a stupid pen, but these pens are the best. Made in Japan - which means high build quality. They don't leak, or run all over your hands, or leave blotches on the paper. The ink doesn't bleed through the paper and it absorbs into the paper quickly enough so that it doesn't smear. If you write on both sides of a composition book, you can do that with these pens, unlike some others that will bleed.

The line quality is superb - a very uniform line width. You can tilt the pen at a very high angle when drawing or writing and still maintain line consistency. The writing tip lays down ink smoothly and it doesn't scratch against the paper. If you write quickly or slowly the ink will be put down evenly, even if you slow down and dwell in certain areas of the paper.

The barrel is medium sized - not too small or too large. The rubber grip doesn't loosen up - it stays tight on the barrel and has a good feel. The weight is evenly balanced and it's not top heavy or tip heavy.

Excellent pen for people that draw a lot and need a great line quality with no bleeding or line edge fringing. I love these pens. They belong in every artist's toolbox.
on January 13, 2007
I'm a small time collector of fountain pens, and I'd rather use one of these than my Mont Blanc anyday. My wife and I buy these by the pack and hardly use anything else. The ink flows from these perfectly like a fine-tip fountain pen without skipping OR blotching, and, unlike so many other gel pens, it dries on the page almost instantly.

Just don't use them on something glossy like a postcard. They will smear. But that's no different from any other gel pen, or fountain pen for that matter.

Well worth your investment, this is a fine writing instrument indeed!
on January 7, 2012
I conducted a Great Pen Review a few months ago, in which I purchased a 12-pack of the following 0.5mm pens and distributed them to friends and family for evaluation:

Pilot Precise V5 Stick Rolling Ball Pen, Micro Point, 0.5 mm, Black Barrel/Ink (35334), 12-Count
Pentel EnerGel Liquid Gel Pen, Fine Needle Tip, Blue Barrel, Black Ink, Box of 12 (BLN15-A)
Pilot G2 Retractable Gel Ink Roller Ball Pen, Extra Fine Point, Clear Barrel, Black Ink, 12-Count (31002)
uni-ball 207 Retractable Micro Point Gel Pens, 12 Black Ink Pens(61255)
Sharpie Pen Fine Point Pen, 12 Black Pens (1742663)

The overall favorites were definitely the V5 and the EnerGel. The EnerGel was generally preferred by those who liked a higher ink flowrate, while the V5 was preferred by those who liked a lower flowrate. First impressions of the Uniball 207 were quite good, but occasionally these pens drew the ire of my reviewers when they stopped writing seemingly randomly with large volumes of ink still remaining. The Sharpie pen, while better than expected, feels like a marker (because it is) and doesn't have wide appeal. The Pilot G2 was scratchy and terrible all-around; this appears to be a problem with the 0.5mm tip size, as I have heard great things about the G2 0.7mm.

I found the EnerGel to deliver the ink too fast, and I had some problems with bleed-through on my Moleskine Ruled Notebook Pocket. Because of this, the EnerGel ran dry quite a bit faster than the other pens tested. I do tend to write rather slowly, so it really comes down to personal preference - the other reviewers were split 50/50 over whether the flowrate was too high or just right.

The pen had zero durability issues like those cited for the 207's and the G2's. While I find the line that these pens produce to be too thick when compared to the lines yielded by other 0.5mm pens, those who like to write bigger and bolder will probably appreciate them. Even though this is not my favorite pen, all reviewers could at least agree that these pens are quality.
on June 3, 2005
This really is probably the best pen I've written with. It writes very smoothly..no scratchy feel. The ink is dark and dries instantly. With other dark writing pens, if you accidentally drag your hand through what you've written, you wind up with ink all over your hand and a smeared page. Not with this pen. I am amazed!
on October 16, 2011
I am a professional artist and I have used this pen for the past 5 years to ink my art. This is by far the best gel pen on the market (and I've tried MANY). Very smooth ink, never skips and it takes under 30 seconds to dry. It will smear if you touch it or brush the page immediately after writing with it, but there's a simple solution to that: Wait a few seconds before you touch the page! My scanner picks this ink up well, the lines are nice and very smooth and in my experience it is better than most artist inks, including India ink (which is very expensive, runs and stains like crazy). Aside from art, this is my preferred writing pen as well, I write with it daily. It is very comfortable to hold, won't dry when you forget the top off and one pen will last a fairly long time compared to others I've used. No problems with it bleeding through the page, either. A bit expensive, but you get what you pay for and for the performance these are worth the price! I really can't live without these pens and I hope they don't change them, they are the best!
on November 25, 2009
I have used the pentel pens before and I love them! These pens have a smooth writing style. For some odd reason, these pens no longer are sold in stores. I'm glad I was able to find them in Amazon.com!
on September 3, 2008
I now use these pens full time at work and school. People at my job know I'm touchy about my pen now and do not like others using it because of the high rate of pen theft. It is the BEST pen I have EVER used. It is dark, vivid, smooth, and crisp. It dries VERY fast, much like not even using gel ink. I'm left handed and have never had ink smears on my hand in my 6+ months using these pens. I will hope they are never discontinued because it will be the only pen I ever use again. They are definitely worth the money and last a good while. Now they just need to make a refillable version.
on June 20, 2008
This is one of the pens ever created!!! I'm a nurse, and I have to write alot. I have also had Carpal Tunnel surgery on my hand twice. So I need a pen that will flow smoothly and easily. This pen is it, and not like most gel pens, it is good to the very last drop. You get your monies worth and more!!!
on January 14, 2007
Okay, so I'm pretty fussy when it comes to pens. I like a fine line, a bold imprint, and a nice smooth writing style. This pen has it all. My biggest problem is that other people keep stealing it.

See 1 answered question