Winter Driving Best Books of the Month Men's Leather Watches Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon $5 Albums All-New Amazon Fire TV Subscribe & Save Amethyst Jewelry Find the Best Purina Pro Plan for Your Pet Amazon Gift Card Offer jstfd6 jstfd6 jstfd6  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 Kindle Voyage Winter Sports on Amazon.com SnS

on January 5, 2011
So, I was browsing around for a white gel pen; One for manga drawing to be exact. And, I stumbled across this one. I ordered it, and I'll go ahead and say, you get your money's worth and then some. Being a traditional artist, I get tired of drawing glares in eyes and highlights in hair, and so forth. This works flawlessly for that. It takes a few scribbles at first, but the ink flows very nicely after that. I've experimented with Copic, Sharpie and Prisma markers. It works on all of them.
It also works very well for correcting inking mistakes. ^.^
0Comment40 of 40 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
TOP 100 REVIEWERon January 26, 2011
I do a lot of scrapbooking, and few things make a page pop like white ink. I had been paying double the price at scrapbook stores for my white pens, which only last me about three albums (I do a lot of lettering / design), so I was very happy to find these pens on Amazon.

These are medium point and have a slightly thinner line than the pens made specifically for scrapbooking that I had been using. This is a good thing - now when I write "happy", the "a" has a circle in it rather than a blob because the ink is too thick. It also makes for great, clean borders and stitching around photos and photo mats (where you put lines and/or dots to make a border like this: --------- or -.-.-.-.-.-. or _______ ... _________ ...___________ ).

Very happy I'm going to save three dollars a month with this pen. Note that you get the same result as you do with any non-felt style white pen: you can sometimes see that the gel ink doesn't color down the line's center (no ink is left right at the tip's point). You just have to press lightly and hold it a certain way to mitigate this.
review image
on October 14, 2010
I needed a way to put the white letters back on my computer keyboard's black keys and this white gel pen works great! Smooth and permanent. Works like a charm.
22 comments22 of 22 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on July 2, 2011
I bought this pen to try it out because the Sakura Gelly Roll was such a disappointment and immediately after taking it out of the package I started using it. It produces a great line without skipping. Usually the line produced by the Gelly Roll are so transparent. This pen gave me a nice clean opaque line. I tend to use a lot of fine line acrylic pens but I have to keep washing out the point. I usually use the acrylic pens for my comic book work and artwork but I'm definitely going to buy more of these pens. You can never have too many supplies and this is one pen I can't do without.
on February 6, 2012
I ordered this pen because I was looking for a white pen to sign art prints with. It writes on the print surface and doesn't rub off, but the ink doesn't flow evenly at all. Sometimes the line is only partially drawn and sometimes it doesn't come out at all. Unfortunately I can't use it for the purpose I bought it for. Very disappointed and can't recommend this pen.
on October 17, 2011
I bought this from an offline seller, but the pen itself is great, at least for a white pigment ink pen. It is still a little blotchy like white pens are, but it's better than the Sakura Gelly Rolls (which I love all of their other markers).
I will buy this pen again until I find one that does not leave blotchiness when I write.
on March 6, 2011
It works great against a black background. Haven't tested it on other colored paper, I will later. The size is 0.8mm pretty big for my taste. But I guess for white ink to appear properly is has to be that big, I don't mind.
on April 27, 2012
I am very pleased with the quality of this gel pen. I use it for card making and especially faux stitching on darker papers. The ink flows smoothly and I haven't had any problems with skipping.
on October 31, 2011
This particular white gel pen is the best I have found. Most other white gel pens clog very easily right after you open them. I have been using this about a month and it works EVERY time.. I am very happy with this pen
on January 8, 2012
This pen is perfect for scrapbooking, card crafting, and writing/artwork on colored paper. I used it to border my paper, write holiday greetings on gift tags, etc.