Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Stephen Marley Fire TV Stick Sun Care Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Water Sports
asked by Frazzle on May 19, 2008
Sort: Most Helpful first | Newest first | Oldest first
Showing 1-10 of 13 answers
A
Warren M. answered on May 26, 2008
Comment | 11 of 11 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
Mark Hornberger answered on June 11, 2008
Comment | 1 of 1 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
I tried TextEdit, Pages, Neo Office and Open Office on a .doc recently and none of them supported the extensive formatting or graphics.

Does anyone have any experience with Office and these types of .doc files (would love to hear before I spend the $100).
Dianna Lyons answered on January 20, 2009
Comment | Do you find this helpful?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
I tried using OpenOffice for a while but gave up do to compatibility issues, particularly with Excel's advanced features. OOo is great for the price, but their are compatibility issues, and in my opinion, Office is still easier to use and nicer to look at.
B. Bauleke answered on January 28, 2009
Comment | 1 of 1 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
Well, I'm currently a student that needs something that just works. I've had nothing but compatibility issues with Open Office, and I can't afford to be docked so many points because of those issues. You also get a lot more out of it if you need to use the other programs Microsoft Office comes with. Therefore, despite the price and the pain of feeling stuck with Microsoft, I think the suite definitely pays for itself fairly quickly in the end.
Angie C. answered on June 18, 2009
Comment | 7 of 7 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
James Gordon answered on January 12, 2010

A
I just looked at sdydrive.live.com. You still have to have Office for Mac installed on your computer to use it according to what I read.
mjt answered on January 30, 2010

A
James Gordon answered on January 31, 2010

A
This is too good to be true. I followed your instructions, but like Marilee stated, you still need to have Office for Mac installed on your computer.
M. S. Javier answered on March 18, 2010

A
Interesting. I am pretty editing was available for everything except OneNote, but that no longer seems to be the case. Now I am seeing "Still to come" when I try to create a new Word document. Of course I could have been mistaken, but I am pretty darn sure I checked before posting about it.
James Gordon answered on March 21, 2010
‹ Previous   1   2   Next ›

See all questions about this product