4.0 out of 5 stars Pretty good but not every photo is classic PoWM material.
Published on September 3, 2010 by skunktrain

1.0 out of 5 stars Horible Picture Quality
I love the website, but the pictures in this book are so low quality that they are difficult to even see. Don't waste your money, stick to the website.
Published on March 3, 2011 by Mike

1.0 out of 5 stars Horible Picture Quality, March 3, 2011
This review is from: People of Walmart: Shop and Awe (Paperback)

4.0 out of 5 stars Pretty good but not every photo is classic PoWM material., September 3, 2010
skunktrain (So. California, USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: People of Walmart: Shop and Awe (Paperback)
I enjoy People of Walmart, but just like on the site, some of the featured photos are not that funny. The book had many "classics" (like the back boobs photos, obnoxious t-shirts, scary hair, makeup and clothes, and Willy the Pimp) but some of the others were sort of meh. I assume that perhaps there were some rights issues with some of the photos (getting permission to publish) but I really don't know. And some of the stories were not that outstanding either. (The story about the Subway employee reporting on the weird sandwich a customer ordered every day was my favorite.)

I'd say that for me, perhaps 75% of the content was PoWM at its best.

The thing is, I suspect that everyone who gets this book will have a different idea of *what* 75% (or whatever percentage they designate) is classic PoWM. So because of that, I'd say that for most fans of PoWM, this book has *enough* of the good stuff to make it worth buying, but don't expect that every photo is a winner, because I don't think it is.

The book looks nice, with raised lettering on the cover and decent quality paper. (It doesn't look shoddily made or cheap.)

3.0 out of 5 stars Can see it all online for free, June 5, 2011
This review is from: People of Walmart: Shop and Awe (Paperback)
Interesting book. But really you can see most if not all of these photos on the website. Its not worth the price of it for such a tiny little book. Also the free shipping on this book took FOREVER if I do recall (I got this back in Dec for my husband as a gift)

3.0 out of 5 stars Not so good., August 21, 2011
This book is so wrong, but the photos (most) are funny. However the captions are really awful and not funny in the least. I would not recommend buying this book.

1.0 out of 5 stars Do not buy the kindle version! Just go to the dang site!, November 10, 2010
Brian Campbell "Brian" (St. John's, Newfoundland) - See all my reviews
I was on a vacation where I had poor internet and thought a little best of People of Walmart would pick me up. So I bought it, on Kindle. First, it loses a lot in the black and white. Second, the photos that made the book didn't seem any better than the average ones on the site. Third, it was over before it began, only took me about 30 minutes to get through it and/or get bored of it. Maybe as a coffee table it'd work out, but as a Kindle purchase no way!

5.0 out of 5 stars Scary like a car wreck., September 28, 2010
This review is from: People of Walmart: Shop and Awe (Paperback)
You don't want to look but you will. Its nothing you haven't seen at your Wally World, but it sure is scary. Scary funny that is. What are these people thinking. Oh that's right, they're not thinking. Enjoy, it's the coffee table book for the new millennium.

5.0 out of 5 stars Escape into laughter, September 16, 2010
This review is from: People of Walmart: Shop and Awe (Paperback)
I have to say, WE NEED TO MAKE FUN OF OURSELVES MORE OFTEN! If we can't make fun of ourselves and have a laugh then what the heck can we make fun of these days. I love the site and thought the book was well put together along with some seriously funny new pictures and stories. I will grab a few copies for friends and family this holiday...what the heck, we all need a good laugh! Good job guys and thanks for the escape from reality.

5.0 out of 5 stars Can't help but laugh..., May 16, 2013
I bought this book to look at for whenever I feel down. Reading this really helps your self esteem...lol. I recommend this book to whoever needs a quick pick me up.

4.0 out of 5 stars Pictures don't lie, but you really wish they did!, May 7, 2013
This review is from: People of Walmart: Shop and Awe (Paperback)
As I sat in a very quiet book store, surrounded by others drinking coffee and typing on their computers, I was mortified as I was increasingly unable to stifle first giggles, then gasps, then snorting hysteria. What can you say about a book like this -- that you wish it was a scam that the author was perpetrating on the reading public? Dream on, my friends, I've been to WalMart after the bars close, and this and much worse is totally real.

If you have a perverse sense of humor, you must bring this book home so that you can casually leave it on the coffee table to be discovered by unsuspecting guests. Blame it on the maid, even though you don't really have one.

5.0 out of 5 stars Review People of Walmart, April 11, 2013
This review is from: People of Walmart: Shop and Awe (Paperback)
OMG! I bought one for my friend at work and family! I was laughing so hard at not only the pictures but the commentary. Everyone should have one.

People of Walmart: Shop and Awe
People of Walmart: Shop and Awe by Adam Kipple (Paperback - September 7, 2010)
$12.99 $10.32