Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Segway miniPro

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 87 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Jan 31, 2011 12:46:51 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Jan 31, 2011 12:48:06 PM PST
KC says:
I thought I would start a post for results and information so that people can get a good idea of it's affectivess and if it works.

Posted on Jan 31, 2011 12:48:26 PM PST
KC says:
Day 2 hurting when not having the white carbs but way easier than most diets.

Posted on Jan 31, 2011 6:32:45 PM PST
Husband and I just finished day one. I feel bloated after the first day!

Posted on Jan 31, 2011 8:18:00 PM PST
KC says:
What is your main diet? I tried but I absolutely cannot stomach most beans excluding green beans. I am going to retry refried beans that I haven't tried since I was a child.

I hope it works out for you :)

Posted on Jan 31, 2011 8:20:45 PM PST
KC says:
Although I love eggs, I just could not stomach eating 5 harboiled eggs this morning. I found 2 great subs-beef jerkey 24 grams of protein for the larger ones and old fashioned cottage cheese 12 grams of protein for half a cup. (tg we can have cottage cheese)

Posted on Feb 1, 2011 3:29:16 PM PST
KC says:
Ok day 3, not so easy. It is very similar to atkins but soo glad we get to have some carbs and a wider variety of foods. So far a 3 lbs weight loss but could just be water. I am realistic. Still find it hard to each 30 grams of protein every am. 2 more days till truth time.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 1, 2011 3:40:17 PM PST
[Deleted by the author on Feb 1, 2011 3:43:57 PM PST]

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 2, 2011 8:22:27 AM PST
Chris M. says:
Has anyone else gained over 3 pounds the first day? I know don't weight myself but wanted to see because I did feel it.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 3, 2011 12:35:02 PM PST
KC says:
Not sure I am doing it for weight loss and have not gained but lost.

Posted on Feb 3, 2011 2:15:37 PM PST
Matthew P says:
I started Sunday and I am on day 5 (Thursday). This week I will have 3 full body workouts and plan to binge hard for superbowl Sunday as a cheat day. I love the ideas behind this book, but I am also super concerned that it is all a scam. As long as I can drink coffee, drink wine and go all out once a week, it's worth a test.

No big changes in weight or inches yet, but I will continue to monitor progress. I have issues with dairy, gluten and sugar so it's good that I am not eating this stuff. Also my bowels are great (sorry if TMI).

Posted on Feb 3, 2011 9:53:10 PM PST
KANE says:
Look I've been doing the diet and the 5 minute lifting for a month. I'm trying to lose that "last 10 lbs" which he has a special chapter on. Well I lost half of it so far. I've done 4 binges and I can hardly believe it but just like he said...that weight was all gone within 48 hours. As for muscle, I literally take 5 minutes to do 2 sets when I work out with like he says, a good 4 or 5 days inbetween. After just over a month of that: Chest press gained 20 lbs, Pulldown gained 40, Shoulder press gained 30 and leg press gained 60 lbs.

I don't get paid or even know the author one bit; I'm just a busy guy who was willing to try these simple methods and see what happens. I fully expect in another month I can go to a more "normal" diet and hold at my desired weight. Man I am sick of eggs and beans in the morning that is almost the hardest part.

Posted on Feb 6, 2011 8:28:34 PM PST
runnergirl27 says:
I did it for a little over a week and just could not do it any longer. The food got old quick. I need more variety. My husband has been on it for over a month. He has lost weight but he has been very irritable since he has been eating this way.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 6, 2011 8:57:55 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Feb 6, 2011 8:58:28 PM PST
Chris M. says:
How much weight have you and your husband lost?

Thanks

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 8, 2011 7:31:55 PM PST
I've lost 2 inches off my waist, and 2 inches off my hips in the first 3 days. Taking grains out makes a huge difference. I took grains out of my diet for 8 weeks last year and lost 12 inches off my waist in that time, it was amazing. Yes, the weight did come back once I added grains again full time... but that's the beauty of this diet, you are allowed to eat grains one day a week on your cheat day. So I can see myself being on a modified version of the 4HB diet forever, even after I've lost the weight I need to lose. The strict diet isn't easy, but if you've already lost the weight you need to lose I don't see it being a problem adding a little bit of the least problematic "forbidden" foods, like cottage cheese, or small amounts of organic corn, or low GI berries.

Posted on Feb 16, 2011 11:13:15 AM PST
J. Madrigal says:
I've done it for almost 2 months and have lost 14 pounds. I still wanna lose like 22 more, but it is a freaking amazing start

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 16, 2011 1:21:14 PM PST
Chris M. says:
I wished it worked for me, I followed it perfectly. I liked the diet but I gained 4lbs after 8 days on it.

Posted on Feb 17, 2011 10:12:56 AM PST
Ali says:
I've been on this for a month and have lost 2 pounds. I have followed the diet except on cheat days. Why haven't I lost more weight? It is driving me crazy!

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 17, 2011 11:08:03 AM PST
Chris M. says:
It did not work for me either.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 17, 2011 11:22:50 AM PST
KC says:
Same, near impossible to stay on diet I just cannot stomach beans.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 17, 2011 1:43:27 PM PST
Good!

Posted on Feb 19, 2011 6:14:22 PM PST
Upstate fire says:
I'm just finishing day 6 and so far I've gone from 204 to 196. I'm doing the PAAG program as well. I too am getting sick of eggs every morning. I've always loved beans, so that part is not a big problem. I stumbled across this website for recipes and found it to be helpful for some variety. http://robbwolf.com/wp/wp-content/uploads/2010/12/The-Slow-Carb-Cookbook.pdf

Posted on Feb 22, 2011 1:39:38 PM PST
Leslie Speed says:
For those of you who can't eat beans - why not try scrambled eggs with sausage or ham or turkey bacon? It is easy to get the proteins up. I have also concocted a new snack (for me at least) cottage cheese and salsa mixed together! Chili is also great with or without beans. I have been losing 2 lbs a week and have been following the diet as written. I do miss my fruits.
**Hopefully a less strict maintance diet will be released.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 26, 2011 11:16:59 AM PST
Ruteger says:
I hope you chose organic, cage-free eggs? A little more $ but they taste better and are much healthier. Besides, the chikens are treated decentley :)

Posted on Feb 28, 2011 9:01:12 AM PST
Steve Haag says:
1 month in, I have lost 25 lbs. with no exercise. Just following the diet. I am picking up the exercise now and have found the diet extremely easy to follow. I give it 5 stars so far as it is working for me. I know the first week sucks but just stick to it. It becomes very easy to follow and you'll find yourself happy to get back on the diet after binge day.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 28, 2011 3:44:58 PM PST
Leslie Speed says:
I find myself both happy to be on binge day and happy to get back to the diet!! I also find that the supplaments can bring on some stomach cramps. You?
‹ Previous 1 2 3 4 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  57
Total posts:  87
Initial post:  Jan 31, 2011
Latest post:  Apr 18, 2013

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about