5.0 out of 5 stars The Best Spanish Language Magazine in the US

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars The Best Spanish Language Magazine in the US, June 20, 2002
By A Customer
This review is from: People en Espanol (1-year) (Magazine)
People en Espanol is a magazine ALL Latinos can be proud of. A solid editorial mix of current events, celebrities, trends, fashion and nostalgia, the magazine is journalistically far superior to other titles for the same audience. Not only are its reporting standards superb, the magazine provides a wonderful range of stories every month. Unlike "TV & Novelas" which is all gossip-all-the-time, or "Latina" which is written in "spanglish" or even "Selecciones" which appeals to my parents, "People en Espanol" offers a genuine high-integrity alternative in Spanish that truly makes it unique, relevent and dynamic. The stories are interesting, the information valuable, and the photos vibrant....like our culture!
Moreover, it's not a knock-off of the US version of People Weekly - in fact, very little of its coverage draws from the US title, so that the editorial is fresh and relevant to the Latino audience, not matter if the reader is Mexican, Cuban, Puerto Rican, South American or Dominican. That alone makes it very special. In a culture where each subgroup seems self-isolated, this magazine works hard to focus on the ties that bind our communities rather than the ones that seem to drive us apart.
It's a magazine I am proud to subscribe to, and one I have given to countless friends as a gift. They love it, and you'll love it too!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Una revista muy chevere, April 8, 2003
This review is from: People en Espanol (1-year) (Magazine)
This magazine is wonderful if you are looking for a magazine that is easy to read, entertaining and yet informative all in one. It is geared toward the Latin community but I think it could also interest anyone who speaks Spanish and has a love for the culture. I started buying this magazine regularly in 1998 and I am still a fan of People en espanol. At first glance one may think that it's the Spanish version the weekly People magazine in English but believe me the only element in common is the title. This magazine has a section on "la farándula" and "en familia" which I find always nice to read and sometimes there are good articles about infants and kids that give helpful tips about childcare. There are other informative sections that you can read according to your personal preference. Lastly, the quality of the Spanish is very good in comparison to other magazines in its class in which I have found major grammar errors on a regular basis. This magazine is worth every cent and can be read through an through.

5.0 out of 5 stars Aprender entonces leer, March 7, 2005
This review is from: People en Espanol (1-year) (Magazine)
I must admit that I got hooked on this magazine after seeing a tiny picture of Juanes on the cover. I love his music and I wanted to know more about his life. My subscription started too late for his famous cover shot! ¡Que lastima! I missed several issues because they were sold out at the hispanic tiendas.

If you are learning español and you don't bother to learn the pop culture(s) of modern day Latin America you are not making the grade! In the office, our hispanic customers appreciate my interest in the popular entertainers from their countries. Textbooks have gotten better, but People En Español is always current. The grammar, vocabulary and reading practice will greatly improve your comprehension and you'll actually do it because it is fun and interesting.

I only have one minor complaint. I wish the Disfrútalo section would cover more films made by Spanish directors and featuring Spanish actors. Award-winning and nominated films made in Spanish aren't covered often enough and with enough depth. I would have loved to have seen a feature article on The Sea Inside or Maria Full of Grace.

5.0 out of 5 stars The Best Spanish Language Magazine in the US, June 20, 2002
By A Customer
This review is from: People en Espanol (1-year) (Magazine)
People en Espanol is a magazine ALL Latinos can be proud of. A solid editorial mix of current events, celebrities, trends, fashion and nostalgia, the magazine is journalistically far superior to other titles for the same audience. Not only are its reporting standards superb, the magazine provides a wonderful range of stories every month. Unlike "TV & Novelas" which is all gossip-all-the-time, or "Latina" which is written in "spanglish" or even "Selecciones" which appeals to my parents, "People en Espanol" offers a genuine high-integrity alternative in Spanish that truly makes it unique, relevant and dynamic. The stories are interesting, the information valuable, and the photos vibrant....like our culture!

5.0 out of 5 stars A Good Investment, January 20, 2012
As someone who is trying to learn Spanish, I am always looking for some good materials to practice with. This is perfect! They have very interesting articles (I think it is less 'fluffy' than the English version) and everything is in Spanish! They focus on Hispanic celebrities (from the U.S. and from other countries) and they focus more on family than beauty. They also review books, movies and television, which I really enjoy reading. One major difference between this and the English version is that People en Español only comes out once a month, whereas the English version comes out every week. Actually, there are only 11 issues per year, because they always combine December and January. Overall, I am very happy with my purchase and can't wait to improve my Spanish!

5.0 out of 5 stars great magazine, May 13, 2005
This review is from: People en Espanol (1-year) (Magazine)
This is a great magazine , much better than the english version, thier edition "50 bellos" , is the best. They really know how to pick beautiful people. The latest edition of "most beautiful" in english is really disappointing. I suggest People en Espanol, el mas mejor.

3.0 out of 5 stars Service not good as a gift, July 15, 2009
This review is from: People en Espanol (1-year) (Magazine)
I bought this as a present for my sister, not realizing it was defaulting to my address until I went through with the order. I immediately contacted the subscription company to change the address, but long story short I ended up hand delivering every issue to her for the entire year. The magazine itself is great, and as a Hispanic advertiser I can attest to it being at the forefront of Latino content, but the service was less than remarkable.

3.0 out of 5 stars Few stories of substance, just papparazi treatments of Latin celebrities., June 8, 2014
I like to read in Spanish to keep up my facility in the language, but I do prefer to read something interesting. This magazine is half fluff-stories about celebrities whom I do not recognize, their love lives and family situations. The other half is pretty much full-page ads for makeup and such. I will not renew.

5.0 out of 5 stars Helps me practice my Spanish, February 17, 2014
I actually subscribe to this for my waiting room, as I have a lot of Spanish speaking clients. Truthfully, though, I sit down with most of the copies, as it helps me practice my Spanish. I rarely know who they're talking about, but I can usually follow along with the story line. Heck, I even find the ads helpful. When you're learning a new language, you draw upon whatever resource you can find. For me, this magazine helps a lot. Oh, and the clients do like it.

5.0 out of 5 stars fifi, January 13, 2014
This review is from: People en Espanol (1-year) (Magazine)
people magazine are good news about the stars and all their fans good stories nice fashion thank you very much

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

People en Espanol (1-year)
People en Espanol (1-year) by Time Direct Ventures