Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: People's Pops: 55 Recipes for Ice Pops, Shave Ice, and Boozy Pops from Brooklyn's Coolest Pop Shop
Safety Month botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Explore Premium Audio Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks STEM Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

on August 25, 2012
People's Pops is a great book packed with all sorts of recipes to make delicious ice pops (for kids and adults). Arranged by seasonal ingredients, this book has options like Peach & Bourbon; Honeydew & Ginger; Fig Jam & Yogurt; and Pear & Almond. The authors do a nice job explaining how their business, New York's People's Pops, came to be, and have a great stories of successes and flops. With years of experience, the authors have done a nice job of making their recipes accessible and realistic for home cooks. There are a few steps which might take some time initially (making simple syrup, for example), but there is nothing that a beginner can't handle. Plus, with a wide array of pop options, this book is a great resource for every summer event. Options like Bluberry & Buttermilk, Raspberry & Basil; and Blackberry & Rose are delicious and can't be found in grocery stores. This book is well worth the purchase - great treat!
on October 25, 2012
People's Pops: 55 Recipes for Ice Pops, Shave Ice, and Boozy Pops from Brooklyn's Coolest Pop Shop OMG We love these pop sicles. My 2 year old granddaughter can't get enough! She loves the strawberry cream ones. My personal favorite is Raspberry Basil Pops. The Pumpkin Pie with whipped cream taste exactly like the real thing! Everyone is always surprised that they taste like pie! They're very easy to make...I have bought on amazon lots of styles of pop sicle molds so that we can tell the booze pops from the kiddie ones. Very well written and YUMMY!!!!!
on September 11, 2012
It was very easy to make these Pops. I substituted "Stevia in the Raw" ( measures cup for cup like sugar) in place of sugar which allows me to have a 'free' treat on Weight Watchers. With fresh fruit plentiful this time of year, I am making ahead, ziplock bagging them individually in snack size bags, then in air tight containers in the freezer. I am using the 10- mold from Amazon and wooden sticks. Just remember to leave expansion room, so removing pops is a breeze! Enjoy.
on June 7, 2013
We LOVE this book, and are so excited that summer's coming and we get to use it again! The pops are unbelievably good, especially apricot and salted caramel....out of this world! We make a lot ahead of time for parties and all the flavor options are a huge hit. The only thing we've had to tweak are some of the pops that have herbal infusions...we're learning that you have to seep the herbs in the sugar water a little longer than stated to be able to taste its presence in the pop. Otherwise, these are amazing!!
on January 26, 2016
I love this book! I love how it's not just recipes, but has instructions from picking your ingredients to how to start your own business. Not that I want to start one even though it could be a year round business for Texas. I just love that they are so open and honest from start to finish. The first recipe I tried was the Balsamic and strawberry pops. I was hesitant at first because the kids were looking forward to their first set. I didn't want to disappoint them if they didn't like our first batch. I went for it anyway because I love cooking with Balsamic. I did not need to worry. They are amazing! My son ran around the kitchen screaming, "Oh my gosh! These are so freaking good!". Over and over again until he was upstairs yelling it in his Dad's face. It was adorable, and we'll deserved. Simply amazing. I'm looking forward to using lots of these at my dinner parties.
on February 26, 2013
This little book provides great recipes and tips, plus gives you the inspiration to come up with even more recipes. It lists all recipes by season for fruit which is helpful. Fun book, fun idea.
on November 8, 2012
Some of the recipies were so simple it was laughable, while others were more complex. There was something for everyone and it gave me great ideas for my own mixtures. Everything I've tried so far has been fabulous!
on February 3, 2013
The trick to this book is trying a bunch of recipes. I've tried 3 and there's only one I would make again. It really depends on your taste but the photos are nice, the recipes easy - I still really like this book.
on November 8, 2012
We've made a number of these and have really enjoyed them. They are creative and original, not just orange juice. We are adults with no kids involved, so now we know that pops are for all sorts of people.
on April 24, 2016
This is a very interesting book with many great tips & recipes. HOWEVER...please keep in mind the authors live in Brooklyn and only have access to fruit available on the east coast. You won't find anything using coconut, or any citrus besides lemons or limes :-( Not even oranges! I think this book is still helpful for explaining how to use fresh herbs and spices, and you'll find all kinds of interesting combinations like blackberry and basil. I wish there was some sugar free options, but I have had some success with Splenda. Just remember to use this book as a guideline and get creative!