Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it PME Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer WienerDog WienerDog WienerDog  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Segway miniPro

Price:$1.24+ Free shipping (Addon item)

on January 9, 2007
I purchased this item for over $7.00 for what I thought was 12 Pepper SuetCakes --- They work great to keep squirrels and other mammals away -- BUT I received ONE suet cake for that price. At Home Depot you can get them for $1.86 for one. Consumer BEWARE!
55 comments|49 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on October 21, 2009
This is the only suet that I can put out that the squirrels leave alone! I usually get it in the big home store, but have been sick and can't get out right now. I was hoping to get it cheaper too. Even so, it is a good buy when you actually feed birds instead of squirrels! I get a lot of song birds, Flickers, flocks of BushTits, and even blue jays benefit from the fallen bits on the ground. Also, I think vermin ignore it which makes my husband happy... I have it out year round and love watching the bird show!
on February 26, 2013
Works wonderful @ keeping squirrels away but these prices are ridiculous & waaayyy over inflated. I buy it by the case load @ Home Depot for $1.54 per suet cake. I have 2 bluebird families that I've managed to keep around by setting it directly on my deck railing by our eat in kitchen. They now come over all day long to eat from it, so we always have our cameras ready. It's been a visual feast for our family. We can't wait to see the blue bird babies when it's baby time.
on May 30, 2011
I have used this product for years, and I love it. Squirrels devour every other type of suet in just a day or two. I enjoy watching the squirrels, but I can't afford that much suet. They completely ignore this product, and the birds love it. I originally bought it for the woodpeckers, but I soon found that all sorts of birds like it--woodpeckers, mockingbirds, Carolina wrens, titmice, blue jays, chickadees, etc. Even an occasional cardinal. I think the person who wrote that the birds ignored it should give it more time. Birds often ignore any new feeder for awhile, but I found that they were soon flocking to this one. I also have a variety of seed feeders, and "my" birds use all of them.
on July 1, 2007
We bought several flavors of suet cakes for our yard. We were a bit skeptical when we saw "Hot Pepper" as one of the choices, thinking that birds might not like it.

We were amazed to see that the birds consistently prefer the hot pepper flavor! Even if there are two or three suet feeders near each other, the birds will flock to the pepper, ignoring the other feeders. Only when the pepper is gone do they start eating the other cakes.

The only drawback is that we end up replacing it more often than other brands or flavors, since birds finish it so quickly. 5 Stars.
VINE VOICEon May 11, 2012
There are three great things about this particular suet:

1. Birds LOVE it!
2. Squirrels HATE it!
3. Doesn't melt!

I live in Atlanta, and it can get very hot. . . .This suet is great! I see a variety of birds eating it such as catbirds, woodpeckers, finches, Carolina chickadees and more. Thrashers (and other birds) pick-up the fallen pieces from the ground too.

PLEASE NOTE: This item really is ~H~O~T~. Make sure to wash your hands after you touch it. . . or even better. . . use gloves.

FYI, I recently purchased a "Squirrel Buster Peanut Plus" feeder, which holds what I call the "suet peanut balls" from C&S and it works really well. Though they make hot pepper peanut balls, that's really not necessary with the "Squirrel Buster". I have one of the large "Squirrel Buster" seed feeders, which is really great. "Squirrel Buster" feeders are not cheap, but they really work and you'll enjoy them.

Brome 1024 Squirrel Buster Plus Wild Bird Feeder with Cardinal Perch Ring
Squirrel Buster Peanut Plus Wild Bird Feeder
on May 28, 2015
This is my good deed. Even though I would normally put out suet in the winter for the wild birds, I put out a a no-melt suet block because it looks like the robins are are expecting. They even built a new nest. Providing a little extra nourishment for the expectant parents and the baby birdies is the least I can do. I will update this review to note if the suet is truly no-melt (I live in Georgia) and if it is attractive to the birds.
on June 17, 2015
This is the only kind of suet I buy anymore for the bird feeders. However, I get mine at Menards for $1.25 each. If you can't get out of the house, send someone to a big box store for you. $7.00 is a total rip off! Buyer beware!
Birds have no sense of heat or spicy, which is why they eat it. I have a ton of finches, wrens, and Robins in my yard. The squirrels don't bother this at all, nor do my dogs, who were jumping up and eating all the other types of suet.
5 stats for the product, one star for this rip-off pricing.
on September 6, 2010
We have been using this for years. It allows birds to enjoy a suet feeder without competition from squirrels. We cant do without this product.
on June 7, 2016
The wild birds in my area just LOVE this stuff! I buy it pretty often, if not always the same place. But C & S has some great prices, so I ordered from them, and will probably order from them, again, in the future. Great stuff!