The Pepper pad is the ideal way to experience everything your broadband connection has to offer. With an innovative design that combines mobility with an optimal viewing experience, the pad offers a host of benefits for your favorite online activities: * Web Browser - Directly access the Web with our Mozilla™ based browser. Keep and organize your bookmarks and Web page clippings (for offline viewing. * E-mail - Send and receive e-mail using the virus and spyware resistant Mail application. Mail keeps all your messages until you delete them, remembers every address you have sent mail to, and automatically completes known addresses. Includes POP3, IMAP4 and AOL® Inbox support. * IM client - A completely integrated AOL® Instant Messenger™ compatible IM client with tabbed session management. * Music, video and photo libraries - Collect, organize and watch (or listen to) your favorite MP3s, MPEGs and digital photos. * Remote control - Control your TV and stereo equipment. * Journal - Store your thoughts, plans and ideas. Web clippings and a rich text editor let you format the pages of your journal to make them uniquely yours. * Internet Radio - Listen to your favorite streaming radio stations. * Games - Improve your hand-eye coordination (oh, who are we kidding? Just have fun) with our entertaining, ad-free games-quick, simple and always a hoot. Customer support available at http://www.pepper.com/support
From the Manufacturer
From the Manufacturer The new 2.3 lb. Pepper wireless pad from Pepper Computer is the first portable device designed specifically for all the broadband activities consumers want to do most: browse the Web, e-mail and IM with friends, listen to music, watch videos, share photos and create personal journals. Offering a far richer viewing experience than small-screen PDAs or phones and much less maintenance than complex laptops, the Pepper wireless pad is the solution that millions of broadband users really need.
See a detailed diagram of the Pepper Pad's features.
|With Wi-Fi networking capabilities, an easy-to-use interface, and an innovative, compact design, Pepper offers hassle-free, wireless, instant-on access to the Internet and is ready to go anytime. With Pepper's built-in digital media libraries it is easy to keep photos, music and videos organized and searchable. Pepper's additional applications make sharing photo albums or scrapbooks simple. The Pepper wireless pad is portable and rugged so you can use it in any room at home or away. |
Additional unique features include activity-based multi-room TV remote control, automatic save, one-click sync with the Pepper Desktop for PCs, and the integration of most digital media formats. The Pepper software also guards against viruses and spyware, and is upgradeable to meet the demands of emerging technologies such as IPTV and VoIP.
Pepper Software—The Pepper wireless pad comes ready to use, right out of the box with Pepper's consumer-focused software. Offering the same great features as the software on the Pepper, the Pepper Desktop software is also available for Windows-based PC users. Both the Pepper wireless pad and the Pepper Desktop PC software include:
- E-mail, Web Browsing, AOL Instant Messaging, Journal, Internet Radio, Remote Control
- Music, Photo & Video Libraries (MP3, JPG, PNG, GIF, MPEG-4, AVI)
- Linux 2.4 (MontaVista CEE 3.1)
- Java 2, Mozilla with Macromedia Flash
- Upgradeable via downloadable software updates.
- Surf the Web, shop, do research, save Web clippings & more
- E-mail and IM friends and family
- Download, store and organize music
- Listen to Internet radio
- Edit, store and share photos
- Watch and share videos
- Keep a journal
- Control your TV
Why the Pepper pad?
The Pepper wireless pad is the ideal way to experience everything your broadband connection has to offer. With an innovative design that combines mobility with an optimal viewing experience, the pad offers a host of benefits for consumers:
Your favorite online activities
- Web Browser-Directly access the Web with our Mozilla based browser. Keep and organize your bookmarks and Web page clippings (for offline viewing)
- E-mail-Send and receive e-mail using the virus and spyware resistant Mail application. Mail keeps all your messages until you delete them, remembers every address you have sent mail to, and automatically completes known addresses. Includes POP3, IMAP4 and AOL Inbox support
- A completely integrated AOL Instant Messenger compatible IM client with tabbed session management.
- Music, video and photo libraries-Collect, organize and watch (or listen to) your favorite MP3s, MPEGs and digital photos.
- Remote control-Control your TV and stereo equipment
- Journal-Store your thoughts, plans and ideas. Web clippings and a rich text editor let you format the pages of your journal to make them uniquely yours.
- Internet Radio-Listen to your favorite streaming radio stations.
- Have fun with our entertaining, ad-free games-quick, simple and always a hoot.
- 8.4 inch color display with touch screen, making your online experience more enjoyable
- QWERTY keypad, for fast and easy typing
- Rugged and water-resistant design for those occasional mishaps
- 20-bit stereo CODEC for excellent sound
- SD/MMC card for future expansion
- 802.11b Wi-Fi, for instant-on Internet in any room in the house or on the road
- Bluetooth device support, which lets the Pepper pad "talk" to your other high tech products, such as a full-size keyboard and/or mouse
- Only 2.3 lbs, and small enough 12.1" x 6.6" x 0.8" (309x175x20mm) to fit into a briefcase, backpack or purse
Ease of use
- Instant-on capabilities-no more waiting to boot up and the Web is always ready when you are
- Intuitive Pepper software and applications that make sharing and organizing your digital files a snap
Storage and power
- Intel XScale PXA270 (624 Mhz) processor
- 20 GB disk drive-that's hundreds of photos and videos you can store
- Rechargeable lithium battery offering hours of use, plus smart power management
- Mozilla-based browser, making the Pepper pad both virus- and hacker-resistant