5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing read!!!
I'm a huge new fan of author Cliff Black! I've recently finished the two books in his Four Corners' Mysteries Series, and couldn't wait to start reading another one of his books!! So far I am not disappointed in the slightest!! Great excitement, adventure and mystery. I'll update this review as soon as I'm finished!

I just finished, and wow what a ride!! The...
Published on February 5, 2012 by Lee H.

3.0 out of 5 stars Needs a re-write
Published on July 15, 2012 by Marianne Lower

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing read!!!, February 5, 2012
This review is from: Perfect Crimes (Kindle Edition)

I just finished, and wow what a ride!! The adventure, excitement, mystery, twists and turns kept me on the edge of my seat. All the varied locations of action in this book were such a great addition to the visual imagery in my head. I loved how husband and wife, Jim and Susan, are separately plunged into circumstances beyond their control on opposites sides of the country. Once again I love how Cliff Black's leading characters are just average people, yet real and easy to connect with. He makes it so easy to put yourself into the story!! I would have liked just a little more closure at the end, but still a great read!!

3.0 out of 5 stars Needs a re-write, July 15, 2012
Marianne Lower (Clearwater, Florida United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Perfect Crimes (Kindle Edition)
I bought this Cliff Black book and another one (Persons Missing or Dead) at the same time because they had such high star ratings, and read this one first. I did not like the writing style of this story. It is a very good mystery story line, but for me, it was very dry and boring to read, like eating a bowl of Grapenuts without any milk - not a pleasant experience. Though the book is action packed, it just seemed very two-dimensional.

As I said, I bought two Cliff Black books at the same time, and after I read this book, I wished I hadn't. HOWEVER, I disliked how this book was written so much, that I immediately read the next Cliff Black book so I could get them both off my kindle, and I LOVED the next one I read (Person's Missing or Dead), and have immediately gone and bought the next Four Corners Mystery. It's like a completely different author wrote the Four Corner Mysteries, or perhaps a more experienced author. The Four Corners Mystery is set closer to modern times, they at least have cell phones, (but unfortunately it's dated due to use of zip drives) and the Perfect Crimes story is set back in the 80's if I recall rightly. I think it would be a great story if Cliff re-wrote it using his current writing skills.

Obviously I am odd-man-out on my opinion on this book, as I think it's up to 4.5 stars, but still, this is my take on it.

2.0 out of 5 stars Perfect Crimes, April 15, 2013
This review is from: Perfect Crimes (Kindle Edition)
Too convoluted, plot too thin, no cohesion. Didn't finish it which for me is almost unheard of, I read everythng.

2.0 out of 5 stars Perfect Crimes, March 23, 2013
This review is from: Perfect Crimes (Kindle Edition)
I was disappointed in his book. It was totally unbelievable with both main characters. Also the bikers who were supposed to be wild drug dealing, hard drinking, hit men used mild sissy language totally uncharacteristic and sappy. The ending was fairy tale perfect after all the killing going on. I doubt I'll be reading any more of his books.

4.0 out of 5 stars A mystery-thriller with a plot unlike others!, June 10, 2012
This review is from: Perfect Crimes (Kindle Edition)
Never underestimate the mind of an unrehabilitated criminal; especially one who is planning his next violent crime, while completing his latest jail sentence. Simply put, his final lesson in life was his final crime. Thanks to Amazon, I was able to purchase this book, along with about 50 others so far, at reasonable costs, at my own convenience, and have not been without reading material since I received the Kindle.

4.0 out of 5 stars Perfect Crimes, October 1, 2012
This review is from: Perfect Crimes (Kindle Edition)
An easy read that keeps you turning pages. Never sure where Cliff Black will take you, but the journey is quite enjoyable.

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect Crimes, August 6, 2012
This review is from: Perfect Crimes (Kindle Edition)
Enjoyable read. Well written and holds your attention, making it difficult to take breaks. I prefer true crime but this really worked for me. I was particularly interested because the desciription of the escalante area was so true to the actual area you imagined you were there. I guess, since I have been there, it was especially realistic to me.

4.0 out of 5 stars Recommend this read, January 16, 2013
This review is from: Perfect Crimes (Kindle Edition)
Fast read. Good plot. Would recommend this to others as a good add to the Kindle Library because of the price.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent!, September 3, 2012
This review is from: Perfect Crimes (Kindle Edition)
Perfect Crimes is a really good book with an interesting premise. I won't give away any more, but I do recommend that anyone who has the time read it. You won't be disappointed.

5.0 out of 5 stars book review, July 26, 2012
This review is from: Perfect Crimes (Kindle Edition)
I loved the book and would recommend it to anyone who likes crime mysteries. well written. great way to read on a kendal

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›