Your Garage Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc PME Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer WienerDog WienerDog WienerDog  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Segway miniPro

on September 29, 2012
Nah, don't bother. I mean, if you've never ever read any kind of office politics or career self-help or leadership books before, some of these phrases might open up your eyes to a different way of dealing with situations that come up at work. Overall though, I found the phrases a little too slow and obvious, and I don't think you'd want to repeat them verbatim in most situations.

I was a little surprised at the sections on sexual harassment and the like - they sort of changed the nature of the book, and were pretty much geared toward women. I expected the book to be more about navigating dangerous political waters at a higher level, but found the book to focus too much on HR-type issues that might be more applicable to less senior office workers.

If the subject of this book or its title appeals to you, I'd recommend checking out Secrets to Winning at Office Politics: How to Achieve Your Goals and Increase Your Influence at Work and Change Your Questions, Change Your Life: 10 Powerful Tools for Life and Work (BK Life (Paperback)). "Perfect Phrases" or any of these corporate stooge self-help books might (and should) make you vomit a little when you read them, and so do my recommendations, but if you're going to work in an office anyway, this is good stuff to know if you want to get anywhere.
on December 4, 2010
The workplace carries its share of difficult situations and interpersonal conflicts. Finding the right words and thinking through the bigger picture of implications is something every manager struggles with as personalities, politics, and business demands make getting work done a challenge. This book contains many great examples of scenarios where precision in language is vital. While you can't predict every situation, the chapters are arranged in such a way that key categories help you pick and choose material that will help make your important and difficult conversations more effective.
on October 2, 2014
For someone who has no clue how to handle uncomfortable encounters, it's a useful book, but I would not call them difficult. For someone who worked in corporate and has an idea and a grain of IQ, they really don't need to read it.
on May 18, 2014
Doesn't have as much as I expected or wanted in the book. Needed more than this book could offer. Very difficult situations at work.
on November 25, 2012
I didnt find it to be helpful in my line of work. I found it to be to job specific.
on June 27, 2013
Easy to read. Not all phrases are that excellent, but there are a wide range of them, so you can choose to your comfort level, and anyway reading them gives ideas on structure to create your own. Very glad I bought several in this series. Well organized and big font too.
on October 3, 2013
This is a good book it will definitely help me in my day to day difficulties in the office and in my personal life. I wish I had it about 15 to 20 years ago. It would have saved me a lot of embarrassments and challenging moments, and how to handle them with confidence and dignity. But I guess it never too late to learn.
on January 13, 2015
honestly -- a huge help. i only needed a few of these, but i needed them badly. i practiced saying them until it felt natural. it worked!
on December 28, 2014
Excellent book for those difficult times at work. Clever phrases to help you achieve your goals.
on April 7, 2016
Every office with personnel should have one of these