From the Back Cover
Communication is the single most important key to a manager's success. What you say--and how you say it--sets the tone for every personal interaction, whether you're dealing with a troublesome employee, a competitive coworker, or a demanding boss. Yet few people are actually trained to handle common managerial situations. Perfect Phrases for Managers and Supervisors is a practical crash course in communication skills for the workplace, written by a leading consultant in the field. Filled with sample scripts for typical scenarios, and hundreds of effective "PowerPhrases", it gives you all the tools you need to establish your role as a leader--and achieve your goals with your coworkers' support. Learn how to:
- Choose the right words at the right time
- Set a tone of mutual trust and respect
- Deal with difficult employees and delicate problems
- Talk to your boss and stay in the loop
- Conduct interviews and performance reviews
- Handle friendships in the workplace
- Discipline workers or terminate employment
- Present new ideas, procedures, or policies
- Open up healthy communications that benefit everyone
Your effectiveness in the workplace depends on how you talk to others. This essential all-purpose guide provides the perfect words and phrases that get the job done.
About the Author
Meryl Runion is the president and CEO of SpeakStrong, Inc., and director of The Center for Responsible Communication. She has been featured in USA Today and dozens of trade journals.