5.0 out of 5 stars They Got it Right
Published on May 6, 2010 by V. A. Colombo

3.0 out of 5 stars A little dissappointed
The display light is not bright enough, leaving it hard to read. Otherwise I think the scale is very useful.
Published on November 10, 2010 by MAECP

5.0 out of 5 stars They Got it Right, May 6, 2010
This review is from: Perfect Portions Digital Scale + Nutrition Facts Display, Blue
I have seen and used many digital food scales and for me, this Perfect Portions nutritional scale is by far the most versatile and convenient. The published features and details accurately describe the scale and its functions so I will not repeat them. The scale is extremely easy to keep clean. The entire top including keypad is a reverse painted sheet of glass. There are no indentations to trap food or germs. The code book is printed on good quality stock and coated so it is quite resistant to soiling. I printed out an extra copy from the manufacturers support site and use that to spare the original.

I am truly satisfied with the quality and value of this scale.

5.0 out of 5 stars It's great, May 26, 2010
DA "DA" (Portland, Oregon, USA) - See all my reviews
I researched high & low for a scale that would do everything I needed it to do. This one looked the best from product descriptions & consumer reviews, but it still felt like I was taking a chance ordering it. I'm so glad I settled on this one! It does everything it claims to do, it's easy to use, easy to clean, and I've found none of the problems that some of the reviewers wrote about. I do wish it had rubberized feet so that it wouldn't slide on the kitchen counter, and I'm not sure that I could just get some self-adhesive ones to attach because that might interfere w/ the weighing function. But that's not a big deal, and I plan to contact the company to see if it would be ok to do. I think you'll be very happy if you get this scale.

3.0 out of 5 stars A little dissappointed, November 10, 2010

5.0 out of 5 stars Great scale!, July 30, 2010
I really have enjoyed using this scale. It is easy and accurate. Fits nicely on my countertop and blends in with my decor. I really didn't realize how many calories and fat grams are in raw walnuts!whew!

5.0 out of 5 stars kirstenleigh, September 26, 2010
Kirsten (Columbia, SC) - See all my reviews
I love this product. It has the ability to have certain foods saved into it's memory and that is an awesome feature. It weighs accurately and has a sleek design. Great price for the product. It came in a timely fashion. I would purchase again.

1.0 out of 5 stars Takes Inaccurate Measurements, February 7, 2012
D. Herbert (Philadelphia, PA, USA) - See all my reviews
This scale seemed well designed at first. The large flat surface makes it easy to weigh a variety of foods. Having a way to measure nutrition information of food can be useful as well. However, this scale has a number of problems. My primary complaint is inaccurate measurements. I noticed that when weighing a variety of foods, the measurements would change despite not adding or removing anything. The display is also incredibly faint. Even in good lighting it can be difficult to read the numbers.

After becoming frustrated with the inconsistency of its measurements, I decided to buy a different scale and test the Perfect Portions scale with a stick of butter of known weight. My alternative scale measured the same (correct) weight every time I placed the butter on the scale. With the Perfect Portions scale, the weight of the butter would be different every time I placed it on the scale. Sometimes the scale would say the butter weighed more, sometimes it said it weighed less. I also tried placing the butter on different positions on the scale to make sure that position had nothing to do with it.

Considering the primary reason to own a food scale is to accurately measure food weight, I was very disappointed with this product. I don't recommend this scale to anyone.

5.0 out of 5 stars Easy to use!, July 13, 2010
We are very pleased with the Perfect Portions Digital Scale. We started using it a month ago and my wife and I have lost a combined 23 pounds simply by being conscious of what we eat (or used to over-eat). Custom food codes easy to enter. We highly recommanded it.
Jean-Pierre Grenier

4.0 out of 5 stars Great scale!, September 17, 2010
TATER "Tater" (Plano, TX United States) - See all my reviews
Very good and easy to use scale. The only downfall would be sometimes the display is hard to see. A lighted display would have been nice.

5.0 out of 5 stars Love it, Love it, Love it, December 12, 2010
This scale is incredible. I am on the Tony Dean F.A.S.T. Diet, which requires you to track calories, carbs, fat, fiber and protein for everything you eat. This makes it so easy when I eat any kind of meat or fish. I also weigh vegetables from time to time when I make my salads, just to make sure I am averaging the right numbers. It is soooo easy to stay on track with this scale. I have been using it for 4 months now, and I love it. I have had no issues with its operation and it is so easy to clean. I have not had issues looking up the codes and entering them into the scale. It has been great. A great weigh loss tool, since you get exact numbers for everything you put in your mouth. No more calculators or guessing or estimating. No food is off limits anymore to me since I have the exact amount of calories a certain cut of meat is, and they even give you options on how you cooked it. (Yes, there is a code for how you cooked a certain kind of cut of meat or fish!) Highly recommend this scale. I LOVE IT!!!!!

3.0 out of 5 stars Still testing it, November 2, 2010
Bought this food scale because I measure everything I eat out of habit and liked the idea of having nutritional info. automatically calculated. Having some problems adjusting to looking up food codes, also the # pad is small and I often make errors punching in the codes. Numbers that start with a 0 cause the scale to flip/tilt when I press on zero. Lastly, I find the #'s quite small and difficult to read given the lighting in my kitchen. I love the concept/idea but the practicality of using this scale isn't what I thought it would be. Might wait until the next version of this scale comes out and they have a chance to fix some of these issues.