- Paperback: 176 pages
- Publisher: Cattledog Publishing; 1st edition (August 1, 2011)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 0964151871
- ISBN-13: 978-0964151871
- Product Dimensions: 9.7 x 6.5 x 0.6 inches
- Shipping Weight: 12.8 ounces
- Average Customer Review: 4.4 out of 5 stars See all reviews (268 customer reviews)
- Amazon Best Sellers Rank: #12,529 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your email address or mobile phone number.
Perfect Puppy in 7 Days: How to Start Your Puppy Off Right Paperback – August 1, 2011
See the Best Books of the Month
Want to know our Editors' picks for the best books of the month? Browse Best Books of the Month, featuring our favorite new books in more than a dozen categories.
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
If you’re the author, publisher, or rights holder of this book, let ACX help you produce the audiobook.Learn more.
Top Customer Reviews
- Dr. Sophia Yin's methods are based on sound behavioral science. She explains and really emphasizes understanding why positive reinforcement and negative punishment work for virtually all animals (especially dogs). Because the book teaches you WHY her methods work so well (the science of it), I actually found that it made me more cognizant of my dog's behavior and allowed me to create my own techniques and personalize our training (the art of it). In simplest terms, her mantra of "Reward good behavior, and remove rewards for undesirable behavior" is a central tenet of operant conditioning, and it is guaranteed to work as long as...
- You understand and perform the exercises accurately, which is easy because they're so well illustrated in words and pictures. There's a definite level of skill required to do this stuff right, and Dr. Yin went to great lengths to illustrate them well to ensure that anyone can do them. The pictures speak a thousand words, and they give a great visual to help guide you. It really makes you think about communicating clearly with your dog. The more I picked up some treats and started practicing with my dog, the more I appreciated the level of detail and clarity built into Dr. Yin's pictorials.
- The emphasis in this book is about building a VERY strong foundation of happy focus. Because Dr.Read more ›
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Thanks to this book I understood the basic needs of my puppy and that love and discipline go hand by handPublished 1 day ago by Amazon Customer
Was looking for more help on help for an aggressive dog. She has good ideas if you stay at home all day with your dog and keep them leashed to you. Who can do that?Published 4 days ago by Lori Cooper
Good book if your puppy is a calm one. Active puppies can benefit....but unless they read the book, they aren't "perfect" after 7 days!Published 11 days ago by BFF Diamonds
I found this book to be very informative and Dr. Yin's methods seemed to make sense. She has a no nonsense, simple approach to dog training and several of her recommendations I... Read morePublished 29 days ago by T.Alvarez
I bought this because of having a blue heeler puppy ... I felt that the author did a great job of helping me with mine as well.Published 1 month ago by Cynthia Mills
This is a great book for anyone buying or adopting a puppy. It's easy to read and quite practical. I've had great success using the methods Dr. Yin recommends.Published 1 month ago by Sevelt Duchesne
Read cover to cover. Dr. Sophia Yin is a genius at correcting negative behaviors (look her up on YouTube). Learning how to start a puppy off right using her methods has been great. Read morePublished 1 month ago by JP_RN