|Amazon Price||New from||Used from|
From Perfect Recipes for Having People Over: Easy Baked RisottoRisotto is perfect for an elegant dinner party, but most people don't want to spend nearly an hour stirring it. Unless you drag someone into the kitchen to keep you company, you'll miss a good chunk of your party. But placing a sheet of heavy-duty foil directly over the risotto's surface and double-sealing the pot with the foil and a lid reduce the cooking time and eliminate most of the stirring. Although you could halve the recipe and decrease the cooking time by 5 to 7 minutes, I wouldn't: the Risotto Cake recipe (to follow) is exceptional for leftovers.
For sauteed flavoring ingredients, choose 8 ounces (heaping 2 cups) of one of the following:
2. Heat oil in a heavy-bottomed Dutch oven or large ovenproof (12-inch) skillet over medium-high heat.Add onion, prosciutto, if using, and any ingredients to be sautéed and sauté until tender, 4 to 5 minutes. Stir in rice.Risotto can be made to this point up to 2 hours in advance and covered.
3. Add wine and simmer until evaporated. Add chicken broth and 2 cups water. Cover pot with a sheet of heavy-duty foil, pressing down so that it rests on broth, crimp foil around edges of pot, and cover pot with lid for a tighter seal. Set pot in oven and cook for 25 minutes.
4. Remove from oven and carefully remove lid and foil. Set pot on low heat. If you've chosen flavoring ingredients that are to be added at the end of cooking, stir them in now. Cook, stirring, until rice is cooked but still a little chewy at center, liquid is creamy, and flavors have blended, about 5 minutes. Stir in Parmesan and peas and parsley (if using) and serve.When Should I Serve It?
2. Measure 3/4 cup dry bread crumbs into a pie plate. Drop 1/4 cup risotto into crumbs, covering risotto mound with crumbs and twirling it to coat completely. Pick up risotto mound and form it into a patty, then drop it back into crumbs to coat again. Transfer to a plate.
3. Repeat to make 8 cakes. Heat a generous 2 tablespoons oil in a 10-inch skillet over medium heat until hot. Add cakes (8 fit perfectly) and fry until golden brown, about 2 minutes per side. Serve on or alongside a bed of vinaigrette-tossed baby greens sprinkled with crumbled goat or feta cheese.
It was a waste of money. The title lured me in but I really have found nothing in it that I am interested in fixing.Published 1 month ago by donnie stephenson
There is a great chicken recipe that draws raves at dinner parties. That, in itself, is worth the price of the book. Be aware this book is intended for large parties.Published 4 months ago by E. D. Wetherholt
Helps the cook be versatile when planning company meals - suggests creative options for designing both special and casual meals. Read morePublished 8 months ago by two coast lady
There are lots of recipes here, variations really. I was hoping for more original and unique foods. Many of these ideas are available free on line.Published 11 months ago by Deb Sunset
For Christmas dinner serving 16 people I made the Twin Turkeys with Rich Pan Gravy from this book and it was the best turkey and gravy I have ever made. Read morePublished 12 months ago by michelin
I pull this cookbook out every time I entertain. The recipes are really delicious and not too complicated. It gives great suggestions for feeding a crowd.Published 12 months ago by Cynthia Gardner
So, I found this book in the library and decided I needed to order it to refer to frequently. I hope to have lots of friends over from now on thanks to the easy meal plans outlined... Read morePublished 14 months ago by Ty
Everyone's busy! I found that I no longer was inviting friends to dinner. This book showed me how to rethink meal preparation so that I could relax once my friends arrive and not... Read morePublished 14 months ago by A. Myers
I don't find the organization of the book as helpful (not set up as categories as much) but they pair the meals together so well and give you so many hints on making the meal prep... Read morePublished 14 months ago by karen Zambetti