Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Perfect Scoop: Ice Creams, Sorbets, Granitas, and Sweet Accompaniments
Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Look Park Fire TV Stick Sun Care Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer showtimemulti showtimemulti showtimemulti  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

Format: Hardcover|Change

on August 29, 2009
I got this right after my husband bought me an ice cream maker for my birthday. Having only purchased it based on reviews here, I was pleasantly surprised at how beautiful the book is. The recipes are great and very diverse. I was hoping for something that had something other than custard based super fattening recipes and this one is right on the money. It has a combination of every type of ice cream, sorbet, etc. plus toppings you could want. No need to purchase any additional ice cream books with this one. I've made the nectarine sorbet and the roasted banana ice cream so far. Both delicious! You won't be sorry.
on April 23, 2011
To preface this I must state that I had been dreaming about making my own ice cream at home for some time, and in the process was seeking out books of recipes before I even bought an ice cream maker. I owned this book for some 6+ months before I even got the machine!

That being said, it's been open and on my counter ever since. While professionals might have wilder ideas, I think for the home cook, this will light the fire of inspiration in you. There are recipes for sorbet, custard, gelato, and I was afraid to make a custard, and David made it easy - it turned out perfect the first time.

One of my favorite things about this book, is that each recipe only takes ONE PAGE - small list of ingredients, few steps. If you've never set foot in a kitchen, but have an ice cream maker, your friends would think you were the ultimate pastry chef after making them one of these creations. It's that easy.
on June 10, 2016
I'm loving this book! So far I've made chocolate and vanilla ice cream. I had to go searching for Dutch processed cocoa powder, but my local Penzey's always has it in stock. This is a great book with lots of unique flavor ideas and some tried and true basics.
on February 13, 2013
This is the bible. Whether you are just starting out or have been churning ice cream for years, Lebovitz will come up with something that you will love. The sections on add-ins and sauces are something that I come back to almost every single time I make ice cream.
on February 22, 2013
Comprehensive. Lots of fun recipes, most of which are pretty simple to follow along with. Interesting suggestions for toppers, and most of the ice cream recipes have variations (either custard based or not).
on March 1, 2013
What a glorious find this turned out to be! For making home made ice creams, this book has all the tips and recipes you could possibly need. David Lebovitz's experience shines through every page. I just love this book.
on November 25, 2015
Book is very well organized with every favorite flavor, and clear instructions. Great book for anyone wanting to learn how to make
ice cream from a pastry chef. Lots of fantastic photographs, too.
on June 22, 2016
The recipe for the chocolate ice cream is amazing. We were not as impressed with the Thai Iced Tea recipe, though. I do love that the book contains recipes for everything from mix ins to toppings, it is a very complete source of information!
on October 7, 2013
This book has several good recipes in it, and it explains how to make them very clearly. I wish that it would go more into "no cook" recipes, and the "why's and how's" of making a recipe. But, that's not what this book is for.
on May 1, 2013
This is a fantastic book. We had never made icecream before buying this book, and it really did an excellent job explaining how to make great ice cream, and other frozen desserts. The writing is fun and helps take away the "newbie" stress!
Oh and the recipes are awesome! I highly recommend this book! YUM!!