From the Back Cover
Proven strategies to sharpen your employees' performance and commitment.
Employee performance is a measurable assetone that can be managed and maximized like any other asset. Performance Management is the comprehensive guidebook on how to establish a communication system to get top performance and value from each employee, in a workplace climate designed to stimulate greater productivity from both managers and employees.
Much more than just a guidebook on post-performance evaluation, Performance Management will show you how to:
- Conduct goals-focused performance planning meetings, then follow them up with performance appraisals based on unambiguous data
- Foster a true commitment to success within each employeeinstead of just compliance with rules they distrust and don't understand
- Establish programs for managers and employees to work together and build upon existing positive performance
You can achieve performance levels once thought unattainablebut only when managers and workers establish clear lines of communication, and understand how their jobs contribute to both their own goals and the goals of the organization. Performance Management provides a meaningful tool for stimulating workplace cooperation to benefit the employee, the manager, and the organization itself.
Briefcase Books, written specifically for today's busy manager, feature eye-catching icons, checklists, and sidebars to guide managers step-by-step through everyday workplace situations. Look for these innovative design features to help you navigate through each page:
- Clear, concise definitions of important terms
- Tips and tactics to help employees improve their performance
- Strategies to minimize performance management problems
- Practical advice to minimize your possibility of mistakes
- Red flags for common yet avoidable performance obstacles
- Examples of effective performance management in action
- Procedures that make it easier to establish your performance management plan
About the Author
McGraw-Hill authors represent the leading experts in their fields and are dedicated to improving the lives, careers, and interests of readers worldwide