Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Stephen Marley Fire TV Stick Sun Care Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer showtimemulti showtimemulti showtimemulti  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Water Sports

on September 15, 2010
#1: This book is extremely helpful if you're a hardcore data analyst who needs more business acumen, or a true marketer who needs a better handle on the technical aspects of web analytics.
#2: The section on using web analytics to measure, optimize, and hold accountable your SEO is very strong.
#3: The sections on tracking and optimizing offline marketing (print, billboard, tv, radio, etc.) are a much needed reminder that marketers need to be tracking everything, online or otherwise. And, that Google Analytics can be that "central marketing dashboard" type of tool if set up correctly.
on August 3, 2010
I found this book to be a great read. The authors make much of the difficult analytics jargon easily digestible, and provide a clear plan to grow your online business. Unlike some of the other titles out there, this book limits the fluff.

In particular, the case studies used were largely relevant to me, and gave a clear sense of how analytics can truly change the game. Bread and butter areas like Adwords and Adsense subject matter carefully drilled down into succinct lessons that anybody can implement. I also appreciated the content on Google trends, a powerful and free tool that seems under-utilized.

The tradeoff with this book's comprehensiveness was ultimately that some of the content wasn't directly relevant to my clothing business, but the authors established a cogent organization to navigate the subject matter.

All in all, this book became my bible on analytics, and I expect to continue to reference it as I optimize my site and ultimately conversions.
on May 17, 2011
Given the singular focus on Google Analytics, the authors have structured a superior book to either of those from Avinash Kaushik (`Web Analytics 2.0: The Art of Online Accountability and Science of Customer Centricity', and `Web Analytics: An Hour a Day'). I would recommend this book, both for the Google Analytics user as well as for those using other tools. I anticipate this proving a valuable reference as I experiment more. There remains room to further develop the analysis of offline marketing and sales when in unison with online endeavors.
on October 21, 2010
I worked with one of the authors years ago though I bought this book without realizing there was a connection. His enthusiasm and mind-bending expertise at the time really opened my eyes to what was possible with analytics and this book extends that perfectly. I am so happy to have found it! It is a terrific resource that balances the complexity and common sense of analytics in a really usable way. They've covered the most current and relevant topics, like measuring social media (the holy grail!) and getting the most from AdWords, in ways that made me feel like I could make it work for myself and for my clients. I am grateful for this excellent resource and couldn't recommend it with more confidence.
on February 22, 2011
As a non Google Analytics person, it was very helpful preparing a marketing plan for our orgfanization. It is a good step by step approach using Google Analytics and if you do not have some of the needed skills, it helps determine what skill sets a consultatant should have in writing specifications and implementation.
on January 15, 2011
I just got this book. It looks great. So, far I have enjoyed the content.

I do have one major complaint and that is that the type setting is EXTREMELY SMALL. It is printed in probably a size 8 font. This is really bad for people like me who wear glasses and may want to read the book in lower light or on an exercise bike or commuter train.

If you have any difficulty at all with your vision, it might be best to buy an electronic version of the book.
on July 21, 2010
A very interesting book all the emarketers need to have in their collection. well guided from the essential of google analytics to the advance features
on October 4, 2010
You might think by just looking at the authors of this book that it would be great.

You'd be right. Buy it.