Performance Mouse and AutoCAD? How well does the Performance Mouse MX work in AutoCAD and Inventor? I currently have an older Logitech M600 which does not do well in AutoCAD and I'm thinking about upgrading to one that does perform well. Could anyone address that issue for me?Logitech Performance Mouse MX
asked by Sue Boyle on March 5, 2010
Sort: Most Helpful first | Newest first | Oldest first
Showing 1-4 of 4 answers
A
votes
Did you get this mouse? I too am wanting a good mouse for AutoCAD and wasn't sure if this was a good for that purpose. Any feedback?
Stephen J. Floyd answered on January 23, 2011

A
votes
it's working ok in autocad, revit, etc...
Pavel Voronenko answered on June 29, 2011

A
votes
I use it for cad work and love it actually. The fit is near perfect for my hand, buttons are well placed, and it has a good weight to it. Ive set all the extra buttons to the following for autocad; lower thumb:open, left scroll wheel:escape, right scroll: mute (just in case my boss has something to say), zoom:save, i set the thum up/down to move through the last commands (handy for when you want to go back 2 or three commands real quick), and right click: repeat last command (i prefer it to the spacebar for repeat). This setup keeps my left hand pretty free. I am not experiencing the battery issues other users are. I use it all day for 8-9hrs and have to plug it in once a week at most.

What I dont like about this mouse is the left and right scroll have no click to them and require very little push to activate. Because of the slight angle the wheel sits (it leans slightly to the left) it's easy to inadvertently hit left scroll when you center click. Which may be a problem depending on what you set it to in autocad if you use the middle button to pan around. This positioning also makes it a little awkward to hit the right scroll.

That being my only gripe, I like this mouse so much that I almost bought one for home use... until i saw the $80-$100 price tag (and still almost got it). Instead I settled on the M705. This mouse is smaller than the Performance MX but the contours are very close with the body being shorter. The thumb area isn't quite as large as the Performance MX but still offers good support. Now, if you have larger hands you will find the mouse wheel and thumb up/down buttons too close. If you have smaller hands, it's fine. The M705 is short one button (the thumb zoom) but besides that it is a good substitute. The big plus the M705 has it the scroll wheel has the physical left and right scroll click and isn't as sensitive so you wont accidentally hit it while middle clicking. It's not rechargeable but the batteries are supposed to last for ~3yrs. Plus at half the cost (50 in store, 40 on amazon) I'm happy with it.
A. Weeks answered on December 5, 2011

A
votes
I design and remodel kitchens and bathrooms for a living, and this mouse works perfectly with my 20-20 design software.
Jared Jeffers answered on April 22, 2012
‹ Previous   1   Next ›