5.0 out of 5 stars Great Value -Great Product!
Published on March 1, 2012 by Florida Fisherman

3.0 out of 5 stars A little too hot for summer days
The material that this is made of feels like a pantie hose. I don't like how it's semi-gloss and needs to be slightly more flat. Otherwise, fit well if you measure your head properly. I would have also liked the camo color to be more woodsy vs. a grayish green.
Published 20 months ago by Washingtonian

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Value -Great Product!, March 1, 2012
This review is from: SunGuard UPF 50+ Performance Headband Face Mask Tube Head Neck Gator UV Sun Protection Aqua Design Multifunctional Camo Headwear
I ordered the SunGuard UPF 50+ Performance Headband Fishing Face Mask Tube Head and it was just what I was looking for. After treating skin cancer, I decided I needed something in addition to lotions. I ordered the Face Mask, along with the UPF blue camo shirt. The mask is actually cooler than not wearing it, and after a day on the Florida flats, my face does not hurt! If you are fishing on a really hot day, dip it in your fresh ice chest water and it will keep you face cool as the water evaporates. Very comfortable piece of fishing gear that I do not go out without! If you fish enough, the sun will eventually spawn skin cancer as you age. So avoid the doctor and wear a face cover! And roll down you sleeves if you are going to be out for any length of time.

The water camo shirt that just happens to match the face mask has great front pockets that secure with velcro. I keep my iphone in there with out worry that it will fall out. Pockets are shut!

Shipping was very prompt, and everything was as represented, and better! I would not hesitate to purchase here again!

Doug
Cape Coral, Fl

4.0 out of 5 stars Different from a Buff, March 27, 2014
I haven't worn a Buff in a while because I lost it, but I used to wear it a lot, and I just bought a new one (Buff UV, specifically), so I could directly compare it with this one. They are quite different, with different pluses and minuses.

The Aqua Design neck gaiter is of an extremely light and breathable fabric. I have not had a chance to torture test it in harsh weather, but it scores very high on basic comfort. I left it on my neck for 12 hours and completely forgot it was there, and I have very sensitive skin and usually hate synthetics (I'm a merino guy). It is completely possible to breathe unobstructed even with it covering your nose and mouth... air goes through it like it's not there. The fabric is not super-stretchy, but it's stretchy enough to get over your head without discomfort. The biggest downside is that the fabric is extremely slick... so slick that it slides right off my head in any bandana or do-rag configuration, because the fabric is so slick it won't stick to itself and hold a knot, and won't grip my hair or skin. Therefore it can only be used in a configuration and sizing where symmetrical elasticity alone will secure it... as a headband over the ears, as a balaclava, or as a neck gaiter.

In contrast, Buff fabric is much more cottony and will hold on my head through friction, and hold a knot, allowing many configurations. But Buff fabric is also no where near as cool and breathable as the Aqua Design.

In conclusion, this is a quality product and offers distinctive functionality from the "leading brand", unlike the many cheap knockoffs.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great, versatile product., August 2, 2013
We use these constantly for sun protection as well as protection from gnats, mosquitoes, and other aggravating insects! It also stays in place and protects your face from dust while on ATVs and horses. This pattern is our favorite due to the subtle neutral colors, the ease with which it can be easily adjusted to wear in many different ways, and the moisture wicking. We keep one chilling in the cooler and exchange them frequently on really hot days! Just do not wear it to any bank while using it as a face guard!That wouldn't go well.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, May 30, 2012
Excellent product. Spent 2 days in a Kayak in the Florida sun, it kept the sun off without getting hot & sweaty. It worked even better for keeping mosquitos off of me during some night fishing!

5.0 out of 5 stars Better than expected, April 11, 2014
Picked this up before a fishing trip. I don't like sunscreen but I don't like sunburns either. This eliminated both. It was light and easily allowed me to breath and allowed the wind to pass through keeping me cool. I may look a tad silly in it but after four days on the water I was still without a burn.

Following the size chart worked for me.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very breathable, November 16, 2012
I bought this as something to wear next year when mowing. I've been getting way to much sun and this year some sun spots showed up. I'm 34 and not looking to have any issues in the future. I tried wearing a shamagh, but it was hardly breathable in the summer. I am going to probably drape the shamagh over my head like a towl and wear this as a mask. I tried it out a few times today and it is very breathable.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for fishing, May 27, 2013
This product is great for those hot summer days on the lake. Works great wet or dry. You can also use it while doing yard work around the house. I would recommend this to anyone who spends long days on the lake.

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice, February 28, 2014
SunGuard UPF 50+ Performance Headband Face Mask Tube Head Neck Gator UV

Great product, light and breathable fabric. Great buy!

5.0 out of 5 stars Easy to use and does the job., May 7, 2013
Oldcabdriver (North Carolina) - See all my reviews
I've got skin that should have been protected long ago, but wasn't. Now I'm paying the price. This face mask does a nice job of keeping me both protected and cool. Besides, it makes me feel pretty stylish. Hope the fish like it, too.

5.0 out of 5 stars Aqua Design, December 1, 2012
I love all Aqua Design products. They fit perfectly and protect as advertised, not to mention giving you the added edge of a little camo when you get into some spooky fish.