5.0 out of 5 stars Great! (And a copy cat fragrance)
With all these white floral notes listed, I would normally be turned off ... but not with Bora Bora. After hours of research online, I finally decided to give this one a try for summer, and without a sniff ... I bought it. I am so glad that I did.

Published on March 11, 2011 by Susan Katz

1.0 out of 5 stars NOT AS EXPECED
this perfume did not come as shown. it was in a different bottle and different color. the fragrance was sickening. never again.
Published 24 months ago by Nana 2

5.0 out of 5 stars Great! (And a copy cat fragrance), March 11, 2011

Don't let the tropical island theme fool ya -- it's neither a fruit salad nor a pina colada, and it's not watery or island-like either. Many reviewers highlight the tropical flower notes -- I get those, but on paper. On me, it wears differently.

Definitely florals & fruits, very well blended & difficult to pick out individual notes. Wears sweet. I can smell jasmine on top. There's a musk and/or amber. Perhaps bamboo & pineapple? On another website, notes listed are pink peppercorn, lychee, sand, mango, and musk. No single note dominates and nothing turns sickly, which is frequently a problem for me.

Nice. Pleasant. Unique. Adult. Unknown. Exotic. Womanly.

This is a mature fragrance, in that it is meant for a woman not a girl. It's got good lasting power, and a few sprays are lasting me a full day. However, it is a soft fragrance that stays close to the skin. Although I'll likely only wear it in summer, and occasionally as a pick-me-up in winter, this fragrance would be suitable year-round for many women.

The opalescent glass bottle is beautiful & substantial ... but the plastic top is just plain tacky.

At its current price, it's terrific value for a quality fragrance imho. In fact, I am so impressed with Bora Bora that I am sampling every LC release in the 2000s. Yup, Bora Bora is that good. Full bottle worth!.

Rating: 5 out of 5.

EDIT: Confirmed! Bora Bora is a famous designer smell-alike. I have penned 2 *unnamed*perfume* reviews with the observation, only to have them deleted. That said, the famous designer brand is smoother & rounder than BB, and it is muskier as it dries. Regardless, BB is a GREAT smell-alike at a great price. Search a bit online and you find the name mentioned.

5.0 out of 5 stars Delicate, Warm and Sweet, November 19, 2007
This a subtle and pleasant to wear spray.
It is not overpowering.
It is floral,feminine and the sweetness is in it's tropical mango.
Like most of Liz Claiborne's scents it is light and refreshing.
Love it.
Highly recommended.

5.0 out of 5 stars OMG this is my new Signature perfume, January 27, 2013
Wow I am absolutely in love with that perfume. It is sublime, it is suave, mesmerizing, delicious, Lord have Mercy... I had been using Touch as my signature perfume for years and never thought that I would ever find any other that could surpass my expectations, Well, I have discovered Bora Bora. Bora Bora my love Our love affair has just begun and I am cheating on Touch...

5.0 out of 5 stars EXCELLENT !! LOVE IT, August 16, 2012
I bought this product by accident thinking it was something else. It was not expensive and I thought I would give it a try. I have gotten so many compliments from men and women on how nice I smelled. This is a perfume that stays with you . Its a very light scent. I will continue to buy this forever. Thank you Liz Claiborne :)

4.0 out of 5 stars Pleasantly Surprised with this Blind Buy, April 29, 2010
I am *SO* not a floral gal, or a girly-girly. And I've had poor luck with Liz fragrances in the past. So this was a difficult purchase for me to make blind. I usually go for the orientals, the woodies, the citruses. I can handle florals but I don't want them to dominate. After hours of research online, I finally decided to give this one a try for summer, and without a sniff ... I bought it. I am so glad that I did.

I am pleasantly surprised by this fragrance. Notes are listed as pink peppercorn, sand accord, and tropical mango musk -- I have no idea what any of that is. There definitely is a musk and/or amber here, which may be why it works for me. And perhaps bamboo, jasmine & pineapple? Definitely florals & fruits, but in no way do they dominate or turn sickly, which is frequently a problem for me. The fragrance settles in after 10 minutes or so. Don't let the tropic theme fool ya -- it's not a fruit salad or a pina colada.

Nice. Pleasant. Unique.

This is a mature fragrance, meant for a woman not a girl. It's somewhat on the strong side, and 2 sprays are lasting me a full day -- very unusual for me. However, it is a soft fragrance as well. It's also a fragrance that I can't wait to try layering with body cream ... it'll be outstanding with character & longevity! Watch out young-ens, women are in the house.

Although I'll likely only wear it in summer, and occasionally as a pick-me-up in winter, this fragrance is suitable as a year-rounder for many women.

The glass bottle is beautiful & substantial ... but the plastic top is just plain tacky.

4 & 1/2 stars for a solid performer and a terrific value at its current price. Give it a try!

5.0 out of 5 stars feminine scent, August 30, 2010
This fragrance is nice, it is sweet and light. It smells like flowers and cottoncandy. It lasts a long time. I feel so feminine with this on. A great price for a nice longlasting scent.

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome Fragrance, January 17, 2012
Angela Young (New York, NY United States) - See all my reviews
I have worn this for years. It is one on my favorite perfumes. I find the scent intoxicating, romantic and sensual.

5.0 out of 5 stars LOVE IT, April 15, 2014
I have gone thru 3 bottles of this I get compliments every time I wear it and it lasts all day

5.0 out of 5 stars all that i thought it was., October 4, 2013
The perfume that I ordered were the same as what I had brought from dillards a few years ago. I love the perfume and was over joyed that I was able to find it. SoOOOOOOOOOOOOOO happy.

1.0 out of 5 stars NOT AS EXPECED, February 3, 2013