Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Perisphere And Trylon Games Red Night Planetarium Projector
Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Adele Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer roadies roadies roadies  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis UniOrlando Best Camping & Hiking Gear in Outdoors

on October 12, 2011
For what you're paying, this is just about the best you're going to get of these projector things. There are several available, most of which are a letdown and overpriced. This one does a great job where others fail. The variety and content of the images themselves is much more diverse and informing, and the clarity and quality of the projection is definitely an improvement over the others. Keep in mind that this is not the Griffith Observatory and doesn't in any way pretend to be be. There are plenty of available pictures online of the actual product in use that show you what you're getting. It's a toy, plain and simple, but it also happens to be appropriately educational for the age it says it's meant for. It's not a link to the hubble telescope, but my 9-year-old definitely knows more now about some of what's going on in space than she did before. If you want to spend hundreds or thousands of dollars to get a giant, museum-grade planetarium with a dangerously hot fire hazard of a lightbulb for an 8-year-old, then I'm sure they're available. For normal people, this is perfect.
on December 9, 2011
Reading the previous reviews I feel that there's no need to regurgitate what has already been said, you pretty much get what you pay for. If you're looking for a quality planetarium projector then look somewhere else and expect to pay at least $75 to start. It seems the main flaw to the product is the blue dome that covers the projector, being very thick and opaque it distorts the images making them dim and blurry. When the dome is removed the stars are more distinguishable (although not as bright and clear as advertised). I purchased the planetarium as a gift for my children (ages 2,4,and 6)and pretty much knew what I was getting into. Although far from being an educational toy, it works fine for their bedroom as a nightlight. It does do the trick of capturing their imaginations though, and since this is their first projector I can't say they felt disappointed! But for older children and adults I would consider buying a more sophisticated version.
on March 16, 2013
The best things I can say about this product are that the information contained in the 6 page flyer was more educational than what was displayed on the ceiling and walls, and that our cat had a great time chasing stars around the room.

The constallation information is illegible when projected, especially WITH the dome. We tried it without the dome because, as another reviewer wrote, it just distorts the image and text even more.

I read that others indicated "you get what you pay for"...if you want to educate and entertain - look elsewhere. If you're just looking for star-like lights to circle around the room, this will do the trick.
on April 27, 2012
This product is very cheaply made. It doesn't cover much space on the ceiling. You have to place it up high near the ceiling to get it to look clear. It is not what we thought it would be.
on March 1, 2014
We plugged this in once and it didn't really do anything so we tossed it. It was a waste of money for my sons room.
on February 15, 2013
children like it and so do i, very starry night in the evening for a wonderful dream to acompany with.
on November 2, 2011
The stars were blurry, you could not tell they were stars. The slids were so blurry you could not tell what was on them. The entire thing was very dim. But the main thing was that the stars were so bad and so small and so indistingishable that it looked like nothing but a bunch of dots and it did not cover very much of the room. $30.00 was way too much for this item. This item shouldn't be allowed in production that was how bad it was. I just wanted something to relax to at night, nothing fancy, I didn't care about constellations, I just wanted a rotating star projector. This was a waste of money. I am returning it.
on July 23, 2015
didn't work well; had to return
on November 29, 2012
A flashlight with a paper over it punched with holes works better than this - not worth a single penny.
on September 27, 2011
I am very sorry I bought this. Good thing i wasnt going to give it to a kid. I tried it because I love the night sky . The stars were so blurry that when it rotaed around my cealing theyer were little blurs of light. They did not twinkle or shine. The pictures they came with were small thumbprints. I wish i could send it back. its not work 37 dolloars. Uncle milton toys are bette. Moon in my room, and shooting i stars in my room . I should of stuck with that brand. Waste of37 dollars. Usually i am not this picky . But commonon. This is not a fun space toy.sorry.:( I gave it away

See 1 answered question